Indian Statistical Institute Entrance Exam syllabus is given below. The syllabus is same for B.Stat and B.Maths Entrance Exam. The questions in the exam would be based on the syllabus as mentioned below. This is the syllabus for the B.Stat course offered in Kolkata and B. Maths Course offered in Bangalore.
ISI Kolkata B.Stat Syllabus and ISI Bangalore B.Maths Syllabus.
ISI B.Stat and B.Maths Syllabus
- Algebra and Number Theory
Algebra and Number Theory
- Sets, operations on sets.
- Prime numbers, factorization of integers and divisibility
- Rational and irrational numbers
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial Theorem.
- Polynomials: relations between roots and coefficients
- Remainder Theorem, Theory of quadratic equations and expressions
- Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Inequalities involving arithmetic, geometric & harmonic means
- Complex numbers
- Class 10 level plane geometry
- Geometry of 2 dimensions with Cartesian and polar coordinates, concept of a locus, equation of a line
- Angle between two lines
- Distance from a point to a line, area of a triangle, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola and equations of their tangents and normals, mensuration
- Measures of angles, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, trigonometric identities including addition formulae, solutions of trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangles, heights and distances
- Sequences - bounded sequences, monotone sequences, limit of a sequence.
- Functions - one-one functions, onto functions
- Limit, continuity and differentiability of functions of a single real variable.
- Derivatives and methods of differentiation
- the slope of a curve, tangents and normals
- maxima and minima
- use of calculus in sketching graphs of functions.
- Methods of integration,definite and indefinite integrals
- evaluation of areas using integrals.