IPU Counselling 2018 is conducted by GGSIP University Delhi for the courses for which Common Entrance Tests (IPU CET) is conducted. The IPU counselling registration process will start on 8 June 2018 and the candidates have to register and pay online to participate in the IP University counselling/ seat allotment process.The registration is mandatory for the all the CET qualified candidates. All the admissions will be made through IPU Counselling to be conducted by the University. This page contains all the information related to IPU Counselling like counselling dates, registration process, steps for IPU Counselling, document verification, fee payment, participating colleges etc.
The University will prepare a list of qualified candidates separately for each CET Code in order of merit based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the said exam. IPU Counselling registration process will start after the result is declared. The list of colleges affiliated to IPU is given towards the end of this page.
- Mode of counselling: The University is conducting online counselling for ten programs and also offline counselling for the rest of the programs.
- Counselling Fee: Rs. 1000
- Payment for Confirmation of Seat- Rs. 40,000
- Venue: Will be notified in the counselling schedule
Latest Update: IPU Offline counselling which was earlier scheduled to be held on 15 and 16 June 2018 will now tentatively be held on 19 and 20 June 2018. This is done on account of the holiday (Idu'l Fitr). The subjects whose counselling dates have been rescheduled are MA (Mass Communication), MA (English), MBA (IT), M.Tech (Tool Engineering)
IPU Counselling Dates - Round 1, Round 2, Round 3
IPU Counselling is a two-step process and the candidate has to complete both the steps to be eligible for counselling.
- Step 1: Choice Filling
- Step 2: Payment of Counselling Fee
|IPU Counselling 2018 registration dates||8 to 15 June 2018|
|Verification of Reserved Category Certificates at Designated Centres||9 to 16 June 2018|
|Round 1 Counselling Schedule|
|Choice Filling||8 to 16 June 2018|
|Seat Allotment||17 to 21 June 2018|
Payment of Counselling fee online through
22 to 25 June 2018
Freezing of allotment
22 to 26 June 2018
Withdrawal of Admission
|22 to 26 June 2018|
Round 2 Counselling Schedule
|22 to 26 June 2018|
27 June to 1 July 2018
|Payment of Counselling fee online through
Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
2 to 5 July 2018
|Freezing of allotment||
2 to 6 July 2018
|Withdrawal of Admission||
2 to 6 July 2018
|Round 3 Counselling Schedule|
|Choice change after payment of fees of second round||
2 to 6 July 2018
|Seat Allotment (of reserved category with interconversions)||
7 to 12 July 2018
|Seat Allotment (of open/general category with conversions, if any)|
|Fees Payment||13 to 16 July 2018|
|Sliding Round||17 to 20 July 2018|
|Printing of “Provisional Seat Allotment Letter”||21 to 23 July 2018|
|Reporting to Alloted Institutions for joining, verification of documents and payment of balance fee (if any)||21 to 23 July 2018|
|Display of Open House Counselling Schedule, if required||22 to 23 July 2018|
|Open House Counselling / Spot Counselling||24 to 31 July 2018|
IPU Counselling 2018 - Online Registration
The IPU Counselling Process will start in June and the candidates will be able to register themselves to appear in the counselling and pay the participation fee by following the link below. Online Counselling will be conducted for B. Tech, Lateral Entry to B.Tech for Diploma Holders, BBA, BCA, MBA, MCA, LLB, B.Ed, BJMC, B. COM (H) on the basis of merit of rank obtained in the Common Entrance Test. The candidates have to apply firstly for the IPU registration within the stipulated timings. After the successful payment of the registration fee and the counselling fee, the candidates will have to undergo the document verification process which will be conducted at the various designated centre's bat Delhi.
IPU Counselling - Register Here
(Link will be available here)
Courses Offered through IPU Counselling 2018 (Online)
The IPU Counselling Process is going to start from 8 June 2018 for the listed below courses
- BEd (Excluding B.Ed. Spl. Edu.)
- LE to BTech (Diploma Holders)
- BCom (Hons)
Understand the IPU Counselling Procedure
While registering for the IPU Counselling, most of the candidates complicate the process. So we are providing the complete steps involved in the IPU Counselling Process which will clear the doubts of the candidates.
Steps involved in Online IPU Counselling 2018
Given below are the steps involved in the online counselling procedure of the 10 courses of IPU Delhi, all the candidates are required to check the given procedure and the steps involved.
STEP 1: Payment of Counselling Fee
The candidate has to deposit Rs 1000 as one-time Non- Refundable Counselling Participation Fee via two modes listed below. The counselling participation cum counselling fee is to be submitted within the given time along with the taxes incurred.
- Mode 1: Cash Payment: The fee has to be deposited in any branch of Indian Bank
- Mode 2: Net Banking /Credit Card and Debit Card.
For depositing the Counselling Participation Fee, the candidate has to visit the GGSIP University admission, select the option for “payment of counselling participation fee”, and enter CET details like CET Roll No, Date of Birth and Mobile Number. After the successful payment candidates are required to print the final payment receipt for the future references.
STEP 2: Registration
- After confirmation of receipt of the Counselling Participation Fee, the candidate has to register within the Registration period.
- In the case of Payment of Fee through Challan, a candidate can register only after two working days of cash deposited in any branch of Indian Bank.
- Candidate can log in using the Login ID and password and further has to enter CET details in the admission website.
All the candidates are required to take two printouts of the registration form. One has to be submitted at the time of document verification. The candidates are advised to retain the other copy for future reference.
List of Documents Required for Verification in IPU Counselling 2018
The candidates reaching the designated documents verification centres must reach with the listed below set of documents.
- Registration Slip
- IPU CET Original Admit Card 2018
- Mark sheet and Certificate from Class 10 onwards along with a set of photocopies (self-attested or attested by gazetted officer)
- In the case of distance learning students the study centre proof, a certificate from University imparting open/distance education certifying the location of the study centre.
- Conduct and Character Certificate in Original from the head of the institution from where the qualifying exam has been passed OR from the Gazetted officer (Original) not more than 6 months old.
- Category Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Undertaking in case the result is not declared given in the admission brochure.
Choice Filling for IPU Counselling
After registration, during the choice filling period candidate has to fill choices for allotment, from the list of all possible combinations of all institutes and courses available, in the order of their preference. The choice filling is compulsory for allotment of seat. Candidates are advised to bookmark us using Ctrl+D for the latest updates.
Result/Allocation of Seats in Round 01
- After the choice filling period is over, all the choices/preferences filled by the candidate will be considered for online allotment of the seat as per merit and respective category and region.
- Candidate can print Provisional Allotment Letter if the seat is allotted to them.
- After the allotment of seat, the candidates will have to pay the part Academic Fee of Rs 40,000 to confirm the allotment.
IPU Offline Counselling Procedure - Details
IPU would be conducting the counselling for the following courses in the offline mode that is the student will have to visit the counselling venue in person. The 1st counselling list will be displayed after Last week of June 2018.
- M.Phil (Clinical Psychology) - CET Code 157
- M.Phil (Psychiatric Social Work) – CET Code 199
- MCA (LE) – CET Code 163
- MA (Criminology) – CET Code 118
- M.Sc. (Forensic Science) – CET Code 119
- MA (Mass Communication) – CET Code 106
- MPT – CET Code 107
- MOT (Neuro) – CET Code 108
- MPO – CET Code 109
- MPH (FE) – CET Code 110
- M.Ed. – CET Code 120
- BHMCT – CET Code 127
- B.Sc. (Medical Technology) – CET Code 158
- MA (English) – CET Code 113
- MBA (IT) – CET Code 116
- M.Phil (English) – CET Code 161
- MA (Economics) – CET Code 162
- LL.M (Regular) – CET Code 112
- B.Tech (Biotech) – CET Code 130
- M.Tech (Reg. & Weekend) – CET Code 139
- M.Tech (Reg. & Weekend) – CET Code 140
- M.Tech (Tool Eng.) – CET Code 147
- M.Tech (Biotech) – CET Code 148
- M.Tech (NST) – CET Code 149
- M.Tech (EP) – CET Code 150
- M.Tech (CE) – CET Code 152
- M.Tech (RA) – CET Code 156
- B.Voc. – CET Code 200
- M.Sc.(Environment Management) – CET Code 111
- M.Sc. (Biodiversity & Conservation) – CET Code 123
- BPT/BPO/B.Sc. (MLT)/BASLP – CET Code 124
- MAHM/MCPHM – CET Code 141
- M.Sc. (NRM) – CET Code 145
- B.Ed. (Special Education) – CET Code 159
- M.Sc (Nursing – Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Nursing – CET Code 198
Venue for IPU Counselling: For all programmes for which offline counselling has to be held at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Prior to commencement of counselling on the University's Website schedule of first counselling/admissions indicating the number of qualified candidates and those called for counselling will be displayed.
- Venue of Counselling & list of institutions along with the intake in the respective programme/s for Academic Session 2018-19 will also be notified on the University's Website before the commencement of counselling.
- Candidates have to report at the specified venue, on the scheduled date and time for counselling/admission in-person along with the documents mentioned in the Detailed counselling schedule.
- Firstly, the candidates will be called in order of merit/rank. The candidates shall have to produce the required documents for verification. Depending upon the merit and the availability of seat at that point in time, the seats will be offered to the candidates. Each candidate will have to choose from out of those available when their turn comes.
- As and when the candidate will deposit the complete admission fee, Admission Officer will give a duly signed Admission Slip. Candidates have to deposit the notified fee immediately on the spot at the time of counselling/admission after the seat has been allotted.
IPU Colleges List 2018 for Counselling
Here we are giving the list of the colleges giving admission on the basis of IPU CET. Candidates can get here the complete details regarding the fee structure, name of the institutes offering that course, fee structure for different courses, reservation policies etc. Candidates can go through the list of each college and get the details regarding that.
- IPU BJMC Colleges
- IPU MBBS Colleges
- IPU BBA/ BCA & B.Com Colleges
- IPU Law Colleges
- IPU Engineering Colleges
IPU College Course wise Cut Off
LE BTech(Diploma Holders) All India region
LE BTech Outside Delhi Region
Schedule for IPU Spot Counselling for BTech/Dual Degree Program
Schedule for spot counselling round for BTech and Dual Degree (Btech+MTech) program will be released by the Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University on Last week of July 2018. All CET qualified candidates will have to report in person for verification of documents at any of the venue allotted by the conducting body. Spot round counselling will be conducted at 2 venues which are given below.
- Venue 1: D Block (Seminar Hall)
- Venue 2: C Block (Seminar Hall)
Click Here for Spot Counselling schedule (Last Year) for BTech and Dual Degree
Centres for Document Verification for Reserved Category Students 2017 (Last Year Schedule)
The following centres are for verification of documents for SC, ST, PH, JKM, Sikh Minority, Muslim Minority, Jain Minority, Defence Priority 6 & 7. Document verification for the candidates who have online registered will be done from in 1st week of June to 2nd week of June 2018 (10:00 am to 4:00 pm) at the following centres:
- Defence Priority 1 to 6 had to report between 6 June to 12 June 2017 (10: AM to 4:00 PM) at GGSIP University, Dwarka, Sector 16 C, New Delhi 110078
Centres for Document Verification for Delhi OBC Category
- 27% seats are reserved for the students belonging to OBC caste in Delhi. The reservation will only be valid in University School of Studies and other Government Institutes. Students will be admitted in this category on the submission of a certificate from the Competent Authority of the Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Certificates issued by Government of India or any state government will not be accepted.
In case, of any query related to IPU Counselling 2018, you can write to us in the comment section below.