BHU Application Form 2020 is available online for admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. This year BHU PET will only be conducted in Computer-based mode, and BHU UET will be conducted in pen and paper-based mode and computer-based mode. To access the BHU application a link will be provided on this page. BHU online application is available from 30 January 2020. A link to access BHU application form 2020 is available on this page. The last date to submit the completed BHU 2020 application form is 29 February 2020.
Aspirants need to fill and submit the BHU application form on or before the end date to appear for the BHU Online Admissions 2020 entrance test. Also, before filling BHU UET or PET application form, aspirants are advised to check the eligibility criteria of the programmes they are applying. Also, applicants are advised to make sure that they entered details and uploaded documents are error-free. Know more about BHU application form 2020, dates, steps, etc.
Register Here for Free SMS Alert on BHU Admissions
BHU Application Form 2020 Dates
BHU UET or BHU PET aspirants need to be familiar with the dates regarding the application form. The table below provides the dates regarding the availability of BHU application form 2020.
|Events||BHU Application Dates|
|Availability of BHU application form||30 January 2020|
|End date to submit BHU application||29 February 2020|
|BHU UET exam starts from||26 April 2020|
|BHU PET exam starts from||26 April 2020|
BHU Application Form 2020 Eligibility
The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will be conducting BHU UET 2020 and BHU PET 2020 for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses respectively. Also, the BHU eligibility norms for each programme will be different from each other. Therefore, candidates appearing for a particular programme in BHU are advised to go through the eligibility norms of the programmes they are applying.
One must note that the BHU eligibility norms will vary with the category of candidates. Failing to meet any of the BHU eligibility criteria will lead to cancellation of the candidates. Each undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by BHU will have their own BHU eligibility criteria.
BHU Application Form 2020 - Fill BHU Online Application
Candidates can fill the BHU Application Form 2020 in online mode only. There is no offline process of filling up the application form. Candidates have to apply online only by clicking on the apply online link given below. Aspirants need to fill the application form on or before the due date.
Click Here to Apply Online for BHU UET
Click Here to Apply Online for BHU PET
While filling the BHU application form 2020, it is advised that the applicants fill all the details carefully. As mentioned earlier, the candidates are also required to upload the necessary documents to support their identification and qualification. Only after filling and submitting the BHU application form, candidates will be eligible to appear for the BHU UET and PET 2020.
BHU Application Form Documents & Details Required
Before the aspirants start filling the BHU application form 2020, candidates must make sure that they have the following details and documents ready -
- E-mail id: Candidates must have a valid E-mail ID for registration and for receiving all future correspondence till the admission process is over
- Mobile Number: Candidates have to furnish a valid mobile number to receive SMS based notifications/communications related to the online application, Admit card, Entrance Test Result, Admission Counseling etc
- Scanned Photograph: Candidates have to upload a recent passport size colour photograph
- Signature: Candidates have to put their signature on a plain white paper with Blue/Black pen and get it scanned
- Aadhaar Card: If candidates have a valid Adhaar card they can enter its number in the required columns however it is not mandatory for the application process.
BHU Application Form 2020 - Image Specifications
Before uploading the scanned images in the BHU application form is, candidates are required to make sure that the photos are as per the size and format as mentioned by the exam body. The table below provides the image specifications that required to be uploaded in the BHU application form 2020 -
Note: The images must be of 100 DPI, and the size must be around 5 cm x 1.5 cm. Also, candidates are advised to use a black sketch pen for signature. Also, candidates are required to paste a passport size photograph similar to the one uploaded.
Steps to Fill the BHU Application Form 2020
Applicants can follow the steps given below to fill the BHU application form 2020 for UET and PET programmes -
- Step 1 - Registration: First, aspirants are required to click on the link provided above to start with the BHU registration process. Here, applicants are required to provide their email ID and mobile number. All the communications regarding the BHU application process through the email and ID phone number
- Step 2 - Filling Authentication Form: After successful BHU registration, only candidates will be able to fill the BHU authentication form to enter their identity details. Apart from candidates from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir, all other candidates are required to upload their Aadhaar details. Also, such applicants are required to carry their Aadhaar card to the exam hall on the day of the test.
- Step 3 - BHU application form: Here, candidates are required to fill in the BHU online application form. Also, aspirants are required to select the course/s they want to apply.
- Step 4 - Uploading photographs and signatures: Now, students are required to upload the scanned images as per the specifications mentioned above.
- Step 5 - Fee payment: Candidates are required to pay the BHU application fee through online or cash through challan. Only after the successful payment of the BHU 2020 application fee, the BHU application process will conclude.
- Step 6 - Printout of completed application form: After successful payment of BHU application form and payment of a fee, candidates are required to log in to the online BHU entrance portal and print their application form.
BHU Application Form 2020 - Select Course
While filling the BHU application form, candidates are required to make sure that they select the programme/s they are applying. Also, they must make sure that they fulfil the eligibility norms. The steps to choose a BHU course are provided below
|Activation and Validation||Once the candidate has activated and validated their Registration on the BHU Entrance Test Portal, they can log in to the programme|
|Status of Submitted Applications||After login, they will be able to see the following page with the title "Status of Submitted Applications."|
|Course Type and Course Name||Candidates have to select course type and course name from the drop-down boxes given at the bottom|
|Check Eligibility||After that candidates have to check their eligibility and if they are eligible for the course to click the checkbox given below and proceed further for filling up the BHU application form 2020 by clicking "Add Course" button|
|Status of Submitted BHU Application Form 2020||Once the candidate has selected the course of their choice, they will be redirected to a page featuring the status of submitted BHU Application form 2020|
|Left Hand Side Details||On the very left-hand side, candidates can see various tabs namely 'Applicant Details', 'Test Centre Preference', 'Upload Photograph and Signature' etc.
The students have to fill various sections of BHU Application form 2020. Application Status section shows which stage of the form is complete and which is incomplete.
|Other details||Once the candidate has clicked the Applicant Details' button on the left panel, some of the details would be pre-filled, candidates have to fill the other required details. Mandatory fields have been marked with a red asterisk. They are to be essentially filled up.|
BHU Application Form 2020 - Payment of Fee
To conclude the application process, it is mandatory to pay the BHU application fee. General category candidates will be required to pay Rs 500 while those belonging to SC/ST Category will have to pay Rs 250. If the candidate is applying to more than one course, then they need to pay Rs. 200 for each additional course (Rs. 100 in case of SC/ST).
Candidates can pay the BHU Application Fees 2020 via any of the two methods given below:
- Payment through online mode: The candidates can make the payment of BHU Application Fee for BHU 2020 through the following method:
- Net Banking
- Credit card
- ATM-cum-Debit card
- Through Cash Payment: Candidates can also pay the application fee in cash at any branch of HDFC Bank through the Challan downloaded from the Entrance Test Portal. Candidates will be able to download the duly filled up HDFC Bank challan from the Entrance Test Portal only when they select the "cash payment" option while filling the BHU Application form 2020.
BHU Application Status
It is necessary for aspirants to check the BHU application status, i.e. whether it is complete or incomplete. The candidates are required to follow the steps given below to check the BHU Application status
- Candidates have to visit the 'My Applications' section using the dashboard.
- After successful submission (only after payment of Entrance Test Fee), under this section candidates will be able to see that the Application Status column shows 'Entrance Test Fee Paid' and a payment id has appeared under 'Payment Id column'.
- This means that the application has been successfully submitted. Moreover, the 'Delete' column will be blank. Candidates will also receive an e-mail from the Entrance Test Portal that their form has been successfully submitted
There are total five-step to fill the BHU 2020 Application Form. The candidates are required to fill every section of the application form and check all the details filled by them carefully before the final submission.
BHU Application Form 2020 - Other Details
Some important information or instructions regarding BHU application form 2020 are given below -
- No Application form has to be submitted to the University: It is at this moment brought to the notice of all the candidates filling BHU Application Form 2020 that they are not required to submit any printout of the online submitted application form or proof of payment of Entrance Test fee to the University. However, the candidates can retain a copy of the said documents for their record.
- No Documents Required: Candidates need not upload any documents along with the BHU Application form 2020
- Original Certificates: Candidates have to produce the original certificates issued by competent authority as per the furnished details ONLY at the time of admission.
The candidate should keep some extra passport size photos that they have used while filling up the application form as they have to paste a similar picture on BHU Admit card.
Age Restriction Removed for LLB in BHU: The age restrictions for admission in the BHU's BALLB (Hons) and LLB (Hons) have been removed as per the latest notification which is given below.
BHU Application Form 2020 - Aadhaar Mandatory
From the year 2018, the Banaras Hindu University has made the Aadhar Card mandatory to appear in the exam and to fill the form. The use of the Aadhar Card will help the candidates in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle-free manner. Thus, all the candidates who are filling up the application form are suggested to give the Aadhar Details while filling up the form. However, candidates belonging from states of Assam, Jammu and Kashmir and Meghalaya can produce other government-approved photo IDs.
Undergraduate Courses offered by BHU
The Individual Course links provide complete details about the particular Course. These Courses have been divided into “General Courses” and “Professional Courses” and will offer admission based on BHU UET 2020.
- B. Ed. (Bachelor of Education)
- B. Ed. Special Education
- B.P.Ed. (Bachelor of Physical Education)
In case of any query regarding BHU Application Form 2020, you can write to us in the comments section below.