The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has launched the Open Basic Education (OBE) Programme, as an alternative educational programme.It is equivalent to the Elementary Education Programme of the formal education system. The OBE Programme explores and makes use of the potentialities of Distance Education Mode (DEM) for reaching the unreached.
There is a provision of separate OBE programme for children and adults.
- The clientele for Open Basic Education (OBE) programme is:
- Children below 14 years of age
- Adults above 14 years of age
- The OBE Programme is offered at three levels:
- OBE level A: equivalent to class 1-3
- OBE level B: equivalent to class 4 & 5
- OBE level C: equivalent to class 6 -8
The target Group of the OBE Programme
- School dropouts
- Dropouts of NFE programmes
- Out of school children and adults
- Neo literates of National Literacy Mission’s Continuing Education Scheme
- Girls and women, marginalised groups, SC/ST, BPL groups, first generation learners
Guidelines for the OBE Programme
All those desirous to enrol themselves under the OBE Programme of NIOS are advised to contact the nearby Accredited Agencies. The OBE examinations are conducted by Accredited Agencies as per norms, guidelines and standards provided by NIOS.
Quick Links related to NIOS 2018
- Open Basic Education (OBE) | Alternative Education Programme | NIOS
- NIOS Streams of Study- Stream 1, 2, 3 & 4
- NIOS Admit Card
- NIOS Result - Check Class 10 / Class 12 Results
- NIOS Study Material
- NIOS Registration Form 2018 - Apply Online for NIOS Admission
- NIOS Study Centres and Regional Offices
- NIOS Question Paper- Check Previous Years Question Papers Here
For any queries related to NIOS Admission 2018, You can write to us in the comments section below.