Tata Building India School Essay Competition | 2013-14
About Tata Building India School Essay Competition
- The Tata Building India (TBI) School Essay Competition is one of the key initiatives undertaken by The Tata group of Companies to motivate the youth of India towards thinking about nation building.
- The essay is written by the student only once but is evaluated at three levels — School, City and National level.
At school level Essay Contest
- The essay competition is scheduled to be held in 12 languages with Assamese & Punjabi as new languages.
- The essay would be conducted cross 180 cities, 7000+ schools and will cover approximately 3.5 million students.
- The theme of 2013-14 is 'Happy & Prosperous nation' and the student has to write an essay of 500-600 words.
- Number of Participants- The competition has seen growth in participation from just over 100,000 participants in 2006 to 3.5 million students in 2013
Coverage and Reach of Competition
- The English edition- This part of the competition will engage 1.3 million students from 2,700 English-medium schools spread across 67cities,
- The Hindi edition is targeted at close to 1650 schools across 43 cities in north and central India.
- Other regional language editions will be held in respective states where the language is state language across 300 and 400 schools for each language.
Online Essay Contest
- The On-line essay competition is for students in whose schools where Tata Building India school Essay competition is not held at school level.
- Online version permits to participate only once in a academic year on the randomly selected topics which appears on the screen after registration.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Tata Building India School Essay Competition
Tata Building India School Essay Competition Eligibility Criteria
|| The students are divided into two categories:
- Junior Level Class 6 to 8
- Senior Level Class 9 to 12
Tata Building India School Essay Competition Reward
- School Level Winners- Certificates, medals and special Tata Building India merchandise.
- City Level Winners- Runners-up receive prizes like digital cameras and MP3 players.
- National Level Winners- The national level winners receive laptops along with a trophy and a certificate.
Tata Building India Scholarships- One-time, need-based special Tata Building India Scholarships will be awarded to a few students from each city based on defined criteria and other terms and conditions.
Special Function for the award ceremony: The winners at each level are rewarded and special functions are held to felicitate the city level winners and the national level winners.
National winners and the runners-up is an intended visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi and an interaction with a national level dignitary.
Tata Building India School Essay Competition Application form and Process
The Tata Building India School Essay Competition 2013-14 will be a two-phase activity in participating schools.
Phase 1: Screening of Motivational Film- ATata-themed film — ‘Keepers of the Flame’ — will be screened along with an audio-visual about the Tata Building India School Essay Competition.
Phase 2: After that, students will be required to write an essay on a given topic based on the theme of 'Happy and Prosperous Nation'.
The major cities where the competition would be held, in all there would be around 175 cities
|State/ Union Territory
||Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam
|| Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat
|Jammu & Kashmir
||Ranchi, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur
||Bangalore, Manipal, Hubli
||Cochin, Trivandrum, Kozhikode
||Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur
|| Mumbai, Pune, Nasik
|| Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela
||Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar
||Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer
||Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore
||Agra, Meerut, Allahabad, Varanasi, Kanpur
||Siliguri, Durgapur, Darjeeling
Tata Building India School Essay Competition Selection Process
The essay is written by the student only once but is evaluated at three levels.
- School level: Essays at the school level are evaluated by judges identified within each school. Winning entries from each school qualify for city level evaluation through an independent judging process.
- City level: The essays of school level winners in each city are evaluated by a panel of judges from the field of academics and journalism, among others. The best essays win city-level recognition.
- National level: The best essays from each city are finally judged by an elite panel comprising eminent people to choose the national winners in each language (state level winners in case of regional languages).
Tata Building India School Essay Competition Contact Details
National Overseas Scholarship for ST candidates is an initiative launched by Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India. It i... Read More
DRDO Robotics Competition (DRUSE) 2017 is organized to give an open platform to simplify and collaborate the national talent in the areas of robo... Read More
PM Scholarship for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles is given by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The scholarship is given to encourage... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More