Aadhar Card is mandatory for the NEET 2017 Registration. The NEET application process has now started from 31 January 2017 and information brochure issued by the CBSE for the year NEET 2017 clearly specify that the Aadhar Card is mandatory to fill the NEET Application Form for Indian Nationals of all states except candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir.
Following are the reason was given by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for making Adhar card compulsory for NEET Registration:
- Aadhar number is required for submission of Application Form of NEET (UG) 2017.
- The use of Aadhar for the candidates of NEET (UG) 2017 will be beneficial in an accuracy of the candidate’s details.
- Aadhar Card will also help in determining the identities of the candidates at the examination centres in a useful and hassle free manner.
- Aadhar prevents the need for producing multiple documents to prove the identity of the candidates.
- Candidates who carry the Aadhar Card shall enter Aadhar number, Name, Date of birth & Gender in an online application for NEET (UG) 2017 for the purpose of their identity and authentication.
Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir can alternately provide Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.
Click here for NEET Application Form
Candidates not having Aadhar Card for NEET Registration
Candidates not yet enrolled for Aadhar, are required to make application for Aadhar enrolment in case they are entitled to obtain Aadhar. Such candidate may visit any Aadhar enrollment centre to get enrolled for Aadhar. To facilitate such candidates who do not have Aadhar, the CBSE has particularly set up facilitation centres in each examination city for the Aadhar enrolment.
- The candidates can address such facilitation centres who will not charge any amount from any candidates for the enrolment of Aadhar. The list of the facilitation centre will be soon on the official website of CBSE.
- In case Aadhar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the candidates should submit a request for Aadhar enrolment. The facilitation centre will then issue a registration number to such candidates.
- The candidates should enter this registration number at the time of filling online application form for NEET (UG) 2017.