ZCO 2019 - Zonal Computing Olympiad
About Zonal Computing Olympiad
ZCO (Zonal Computing Olympiad) 2019 is an online programming test to participate in the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI). The candidates who will qualify the first stage examination (Zonal Computing Olympiad) will be eligible to appear in the second stage examination (Indian National Olympiad in Informatics) which will be based on the programming skills. Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) and Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO) will be conducted simultaneously so that the students can participate in either one of them. IIIT Delhi is conducting a preparatory workshop for ZCO 2019 for Delhi-based students. As per the latest announcement, the registration for Zonal Computing Olympiad has started on 27 September 2018 for the ZCO 2019 exam which is scheduled to be conducted on 2 December 2018. Get complete information related to ZCO 2019 from this page.
Latest Update: ZCO 2019 Application form is available from 27 September 2018. ZCO 2019 Exam date has been changed, earlier it was scheduled to be conducted on 25 November but now it will be conducted on 2 December 2018.
Zonal Informatics Olympiad Important Dates 2019
|ZCO Application Starts
||27 September 2018
|ZCO Application Ends
||First Week of November 2018
|Zonal Computing Olympiad 2019
||2 December 2018
|Indian National Olympiad in Informatics
|International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI)
INOI and IOI
INOI involves programming in any one of two languages: C++ and Java
- About 25 students are selected from INOI for a training camp, typically, held in May-June to select the Indian team for IOI.
- International Olympiad: Selected candidates from stage 2 will be called for intensive training for the final selection of the candidates for the International Olympiad.
- International Olympiad Informatics (IOI) would be tentatively held in August 2019 in Tehran, Iran.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Zonal Computing Olympiad
Zonal Computing Olympiad Eligibility Criteria
||Upto Class 12
- Academic Qualification: Zonal Computing Olympiad 2019 is open to all the students of Upto Class 12 studying in schools affiliated to CBSE as well as other Boards in the country
- The Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO) 2019 is open to students of all boards in the country.
Zonal Computing Olympiad Reward
- The students who qualify this exam will move to stage 2 will get a chance to participate in Indian National Olympiad in Informatics.
- About 50 students will qualify from ZCO 2019 to participate in the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics 2019 (INOI-2019). This is in addition to those who qualify for INOI 2019 via the Zonal Informatics Olympiad
Zonal Computing Olympiad Application form and Process
Applicants can choose whether they want to make the online application or offline application. Bulk applications can also be made using the spreadsheet format of application form. The details of the Application process are:
ZCO Online Application: Students can fill the online application form available on the website of Zonal Computing Olympiad.
- Application fee of Rs. 250 for the exams can be paid online using Credit/Debit card or by using Net Banking.
ZCO Offline Application: Candidates making offline applications using the spreadsheet are required to email as well as post the spreadsheet and proof of payment to complete the application process.
- Application fee of Rs. 250 can be paid by candidates either using Demand Draft or through NEFT for Bulk registrations.
- NEFT Details: The following details are to be used to deposit the money using NEFT:
- Beneficiary name: IARCS
- Type of account: Current account
- Account number: 32516380035
- Bank, branch: State Bank of India, IIT Powai Branch
- IFSC Code: SBIN0001109
- Address: State Bank of India, IIT Powai Branch, Mumbai 400076
- Demand Draft Details: The demand draft should be in favour of "Indian Association for Research in Computing Science" payable in Mumbai.
Submission of ZCO Application Form
- Online: Completing the online application form is itself enough to complete the submission.
- Offline: Applicant should send the spreadsheet along with the proof of payment via email as well as via speed post to the address given below:
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Madhavan Mukund
Attn: ICO 2018 Offline Registration
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri
Phone: (044) 6748 0900
Zonal Computing Olympiad Examination Centres
Zonal Computing Olympiad Selection Process
- Students can get previous year Question papers of ZCO from ZCO's website.
- ZCO Exam Date: The Zonal Computing Olympiad will be held on Sunday, 2 December 2018 in two sessions, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Zonal Computing Olympiad Contact Details
Prof Madhavan Mukund, National Coordinator,
Indian Computing Olympiad,
Chennai Mathematical Institute, H1 SIPCOT IT Park,
Siruseri, Kelambakkam 603 103
KSCSTE Research Fellowship scheme is offered by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE), an autonomous body ... Read More
Zonal Informatics Olympiad is conducted by Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS), Mumbai, every year across the country and abr... Read More
ZCO (Zonal Computing Olympiad) 2019 is an online programming test to participate in the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI). The candidates... Read More
OASIS Scholarship 2018 registration process has started. The candidates can apply online through this page. OASIS Scholarship is the scholar... Read More