YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme 2017
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1359 Apply Now
About YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme
- YWCA Short-term/Advocacy and Communications Internships gives a golden opportunity to all the young women actively involved in the YWCA to apply for the World YWCA Internship Programme 2017
- The interns will be based at World YWCA’s offices in Geneva, Switzerland. For the short-term/advocacy and communications internships, 4 young women will be selected to help develop their skills and knowledge on advocacy and activism through training and exposure to the workings of the UN system.
- This typically includes participation in 1 UN or international event such as the annual UN Commissions on the Status of Women or 1 of the sessions of the CEDAW Committee or UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Eligibility Criteria
||22 and 30 years of age
- The participation of the candidate must be endorsed by her National YWCA
- Opportunities are open to young women from all member associations but preference will be given to those who belong to developing countries.
- Applicants must be actively involved in their YWCA, either as a volunteer or staff member and demonstrate strong interest and enthusiasm in the World YWCA movement.
- Experience: Candidate must have been involved with YWCA for 2 years
- Previous experience in advocacy and/or activism on women’s rights is an asset
- Fluency in English both oral and written is required
- Independent and self-reliant, willing to take initiative, creative, hardworking, and flexible.
- A strong commitment to women's rights and leadership.
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Reward
Cost and Provisions
- All the candidates must possess a valid passport.
- The World YWCA will cover the most economical and direct route airfare from and to the home country of the participant
Accommodation and Health Care
The World YWCA is responsible for the accommodation, basic food allowance, local transport and health insurance.
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Application form and Process
Candidates have to download the Application Form from the official website of Word YWCA.
Enclosures to be sent along with the Application Form
- A Curriculum Vitae (preferably in word, rtf or PDF)
- Endorsement form signed by the national association
- Application form
- A short essay (preferably in word, rtf or PDF)
- One reference letter (preferably in word, rtf or PDF)
Submission of Application Form
Duly filled in Application Form along with above-mentioned enclosures has to be sent to the following address before November 30, 2016
16 Ancienne Route
CH-1218 Grand Saconnex
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Selection Process
Four Young Women will be selected on the basis of their development skills and who possess knowledge on advocacy and activism and share the same through training and exposure to the work and mechanisms of the UN system.
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Address
16 Ancienne Route 1218
CH Geneva Switzerland
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Contact Details
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarshi... Read More
PMSSS (Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme) for Students from J&K is commonly known as AICTE JK Scholarship. Applications ... Read More
NEST Junior Scholarship invites application only from bonafide students of India who are currently studying in class 9 and 10. The student can ap... Read More
Banasthali Vidyapith School Admission 2020 for class 6 and class 9 has started. Only the women candidates can apply for the admissions in Banasthali V... Read More