YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme 2017
ALLEN NTSE Online Test Series Buy Now
About YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme
- YWCA Short-term/Advocacy and Communications Internships gives a golden opportunity to all the young women actively involved in the YWCA to apply for the World YWCA Internship Programme 2017
- The interns will be based at World YWCA’s offices in Geneva, Switzerland. For the short-term/advocacy and communications internships, 4 young women will be selected to help develop their skills and knowledge on advocacy and activism through training and exposure to the workings of the UN system.
- This typically includes participation in 1 UN or international event such as the annual UN Commissions on the Status of Women or 1 of the sessions of the CEDAW Committee or UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Eligibility Criteria
||22 and 30 years of age
- The participation of the candidate must be endorsed by her National YWCA
- Opportunities are open to young women from all member associations but preference will be given to those who belong to developing countries.
- Applicants must be actively involved in their YWCA, either as a volunteer or staff member and demonstrate strong interest and enthusiasm in the World YWCA movement.
- Experience: Candidate must have been involved with YWCA for 2 years
- Previous experience in advocacy and/or activism on women’s rights is an asset
- Fluency in English both oral and written is required
- Independent and self-reliant, willing to take initiative, creative, hardworking, and flexible.
- A strong commitment to women's rights and leadership.
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Reward
Cost and Provisions
- All the candidates must possess a valid passport.
- The World YWCA will cover the most economical and direct route airfare from and to the home country of the participant
Accommodation and Health Care
The World YWCA is responsible for the accommodation, basic food allowance, local transport and health insurance.
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Application form and Process
Candidates have to download the Application Form from the official website of Word YWCA.
Enclosures to be sent along with the Application Form
- A Curriculum Vitae (preferably in word, rtf or PDF)
- Endorsement form signed by the national association
- Application form
- A short essay (preferably in word, rtf or PDF)
- One reference letter (preferably in word, rtf or PDF)
Submission of Application Form
Duly filled in Application Form along with above-mentioned enclosures has to be sent to the following address before November 30, 2016
16 Ancienne Route
CH-1218 Grand Saconnex
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Selection Process
Four Young Women will be selected on the basis of their development skills and who possess knowledge on advocacy and activism and share the same through training and exposure to the work and mechanisms of the UN system.
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Address
16 Ancienne Route 1218
CH Geneva Switzerland
YWCA Short Term Advocacy and Communications Internship Programme Contact Details
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is provided to those girls who are single girl child of their parents. Scheme for Single Girl Child is a merit... Read More
FIIT JEE Talent Support Exam is for JEE Aspirants who are studying or passed Class 12. This exam helps the aspirant to know and analyse their pre... Read More
Rashtriya Miltary School Admission 2020-21 is based on CET (Common Entrance Test) and Interview. CET would be a pen and paper-based test and the ... Read More
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 is for the meritorious students who have passed their Class 12 Examinations in the year 2019. T... Read More