About York World Scholars
York World Scholars 2016 is conducted by York University that invites international students to apply for York World Scholars (YWS) program. York World Scholars program 2016 is for those students who want to pursue a double major- a combination of two programs resulting in a unique degree.
- York World Scholars (YWS) is hosted by York’s Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies in the field of humanities, the social sciences, languages and professional fields.
For the inaugural session of the York World Scholars program, the following double major combinations are available:
- Economics and Political Science
- Finance and Business Economics
- Cognitive Science and Information Technology
- English and Professional Writing
- Human Rights & Equity Studies and Anthropology
- Sociology/Geography and Urban Studies
- International Development Studies and Geography
- History and Political Science
No. of Seats : 50
Course level: Graduation
Country of Study: Canada
Scholarship and Fee Waiver: Top three York World Scholars will receive a tuition waiver upto $20,000. Those with a Grade Point Average of 90% or above will be eligible for scholarships up to $3000.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of York World Scholars
York World Scholars Eligibility Criteria
||Undergraduate or certificate studies and Mature and Visting Students
For Indian Applicants: Higher Secondary Certificate/HSC or Intermediate Certificate or All India Senior School Certificate/AISSCE or a combination of GCE Ordinary level plus GCE Advanced level results.
York World Scholars Reward
- First year:
- The top three York World Scholars will receive tuition waiver of up to $20,000.
- Those with a Grade Point Average of 90% or above will be eligible for scholarships up to $3000.
- End of Second year: At the end of the second year, York World Scholars will come together during a retreat to reflect on the journey so far and to get the advice needed for the next two years.
- Final year: In the final year, all World Scholars will participate in a World Scholars capstone seminar where they will undertake unique opportunities for research or practical learning.
- Throughout the program, the scholars will be mentored by professors who will guide the scholars through the four years they spend at York.
- With the completion of the program, the scholars will benefit from having knowledge in two subject areas that can help them stay competitive in the workforce or proceed towards advanced studies.
York World Scholars Application form and Process
Applicants can apply to undergraduate study at York by choosing for two ways of Application Form which are as follows:
1) Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) Application:
- Applicants can use this application if they want to apply to degree studies for any session and they are current Ontario Secondary School Students.
- All other undergraduate applicants can also apply.
- Application fee
2) York University Application: Applicants can only apply for if they fulfil the following criteria:
- A Mature or University/college transfer applicant
- The applicant wants to take courses as a Visiting Student
- The applicant wants to apply to a certificate studies
- The applicants are currently taking a York pre-University/ “Bridging” Course or YUELIc course.
Application Fee: The Application Fee for York University is $ 100 which is payable by Visa or MasterCard (non-refundable)
Required Documents: The following documents are required for the applicants applying for undergraduate degree or certificates studies at York Universities:
- Official Transcripts
- Course Descriptions
- Language Proficiency Requirements
- Supplementary Application
- Supplementary Evaluation
- Mature Students and Visiting Students should also upload or send their required documents to apply.
Submission of the Application Form: There are two ways to apply to undergraduate study at York, the candidate can choose the one that best applies to his/her circumstances.
- Ontario University's Application Center (OUAC).
- York University Application.
York World Scholars Selection Process
- A total of 50 students will be selected for the first year.
- The selection process is competitive. We are looking for high-achieving students with strong oral and written communication skills, who want to pursue a double major – a combination of two programs resulting in a unique degree. We are seeking students who are motivated by the chance to explore their academic passions, lead global change and pursue their career aspirations.
- As a York World Scholar, the scholar will acquire both breadth and depth, knowledge and skill. The scholar will build a solid foundation for their career goals, distinguish themselves with the unique education and benefit from the experience of living in Toronto, Ontario – home to a dynamic economy and its famed multiculturalism.
York World Scholars Contact Details
4700 Keele Street, Ross S900
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
E-mail: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More