World Oceans Day Photo Contest 2018
About World Oceans Day Photo Contest
World Oceans Day Photo Contest is being organised by United Nations in order to spread awareness about the current challenges faced by the international community in relation to Oceans. To participate in the World Oceans Day Photo Contest, participants need to submit their photograph, which should be related to any of the following categories:
- Underwater Seascapes
- Above Water Seascape
- Underwater Life
- Humans Interaction: Making a Difference
- Clear Our Ocean: Images relating to the ocean that show the positive or negative consequences of human interference above or below the waterline
- Youth: Open category, any image of the ocean—below or above the surface (photographed by a person under 16 years of age as of 1 April 2018)
- Candidates can enter up to 3 images each in as many categories among the above-given categories as they wish.
- The photograph can be clicked from any camera, film (as scanned slides) or digital.
The entries need to be submitted to the contest page before 10 May 2018, and the result will be announced on 8 June 2018, in New York on the occasion of marking of 2018 World's Ocean Day at the United Nations, and it will also be published.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of World Oceans Day Photo Contest
World Oceans Day Photo Contest Eligibility Criteria
||Open for Amateur as well as professional Photographers
- The Contest is open to people of all ages.
- Only one prize or prize package can be won by an individual.
- The photograph can be taken using any camera, film (as scanned slides) or digital media.
Not Eligible to participate:
- Staff and the Judging panel of the photo contest are not allowed to participate in the contest.
Photographers visibly damaging the environment (e.g. gear dragging or kicking up sand)
Animals with signs of stress (e.g. puffed puffers, inking octopus)
Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location
Marine life being touched (e.g. coral polyps, seahorse tails)
Divers exhibiting poor buoyancy control
World Oceans Day Photo Contest Reward
Recognition: The winning image will be recognised at United Nations Event organised on the occasion of World Oceans Day on 8 June 2018.
Sharing: The winning image along with some top runner-ups will be widely shared on the contest website, with the media, and through the information materials related to subsequent contests.
Cash Prizes: Winners may be awarded material or cash prize after finalisation of sponsors.
World Oceans Day Photo Contest Application form and Process
The candidates willing to participate need to digitally submit their images on the website.
Click Here to Register
- Specifications of Images:
- Size: Maximum 5 Mb.
- Resolution: Between 2000 and 6000 pixels in the longest dimension.
- Format: JPEG.
- Color Space: AdobeRGB 1998 or sRGB.
- Watermarks or Borders: Watermarks, frames or borders are not allowed in or around the image.
- Photo Manipulation: Post processing of images is allowed including adjustments to exposure, contrast, burning, dodging, cropping, sharpening, noise reduction, and tone. Minor cleaning of images is permitted, including the removal of backscatter, dust, and scratches. HDR, panoramas, focus stacking or other techniques that involve using multiple images taken at the same time and place are also allowed.
- Any single image that was part of a portfolio, but did not place a single image, is eligible to be entered.
Submission of the Image:
Participants need to register on the website for submitting their entries. The steps involved are as follow:
- Registration: The applicant needs to register on the website by entering their name, country, email id, password and other important details.
- Enrolling in the Contest: Applicants need to go to their profile page and add their images to the My Galleries section. After that, the applicant needs to go back to Contest Submission Page and select the category and image they want to submit for the contest.
- Entrants should retain high-resolution files for their submission in the event of winning the contest, in that case, the image can be displayed for printing and display.
- Deadline: The last date for the submission of the photo is 10 May 2018, 12 Midnight, EST.
World Oceans Day Photo Contest Selection Process
The selection of the winners will be done by the judging panel formed by the organising authorities. The panel of judges will be the following known photographers in the world:
- Adriana Basques
- Kudzi Victorino Dykman
- Marine Etard
- Darren Jew
- Jerome Kim
- Thomas Peschak
Result: The result of the contest will be declared on 8 June 2018 on the occasion of World Ocean Day and will also be published on the website.
World Oceans Day Photo Contest Contact Details
Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea
Office of Legal Affairs, United Nations
2 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017, USA
Telephone: (212) 963-3962
BEE National Painting Competition 2019 for school children is conducted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched th... Read More
IPTSE 2019: Intellectual Property Talent Search Examination by ASSOCHAM & ERICSSON is a competitive exam cum awards with an objective to create aw... Read More
MOMA Scholarship 2019 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Merit cum Means Sch... Read More
Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme was formed to provide equal opportunity to the minority groups in the country carried out by Ministry of Minority Affai... Read More