World Migratory Bird Day 2016 Video Contest
About World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day 2016 Video Contest is being organised by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) and African-Eurasian Waterbird Agreement (AEWA) with an initiative to spread awareness about Migratory Birds.
- It was launched in 2006 to raise awareness about the migratory birds.
- To participate in the contest, participants need to make a video of maximum 3 minutes on the theme “Energy– make it bird-friendly!" and upload it on YouTube and share the link of the same while entering the video contest.
- The video can be made using any technology including use of any device or animation.
- The WMBD Website, logos of WMBD, CMS and AEWA should be included in the video.Top 10 Videos will be selected by public voting on WMBD’s website.
- World Migratory Bird Day 2016 Video Contest submission ends on 3 April 2016 and the result will be announced on 25 April 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of World Migratory Bird Day
World Migratory Bird Day Eligibility Criteria
||Open for all
- Original Video: The Video must be the original work of the participant.
- Permissions: It will be the responsibility of the participant that the video should not infringe on the copyright of any third party.
World Migratory Bird Day Reward
Three videos will be selected for the cash prize and the amount of cash prize will be as follow:
1500 Euro (Approx. 1,01,380 INR)
1000 Euro (Approx. 67,580 INR)
500 Euro (Approx. 33,790 INR)
Official Trailer: The Video Winning the first prize will serve as WMBD’s Official trailer for the year.
World Migratory Bird Day Application form and Process
Candidates willing to participate need to upload the video on Youtube.com along with a brief description referring to World Migratory Bird Day on 9-10 May 2016 including a link to WMBD’s website.
- Participation: The Contest is open for individual as well as team participation. In case of a Team one person must be designated as a Team Leader.
- Specifications of Video
- Size: No limitation on size
- Duration: Maximum 3 minutes.
- Technique used: Any technique can be used to create the video and it need not to be professionally captured and any device such as handy cam, mobile phone etc. can be used for capturing the video or animated videos are also eligible.
- Points to be addressed in video: All of the following points must be addressed in the video. The Video MUST:
- Promote World Migratory Bird Day 2016 and its theme “Energy- make it bird-friendly!”
- Encourage the viewers to take actions on World Migratory Bird Day on May 9-10.
- Include www.WorldMigratoryBirdDay.de along with the logos of AEWA, WMBD and CMS.
- Language: The participants are free to choose the language of the video but use of English, Spanish or French is advisable. English subtitles will be a plus point.
Submission of the video
- Sharing on YouTube: The video need to be uploaded on YouTube along with a brief description referring to World Migratory Bird Day on 9-10 May 2016 including a link to WMBD’s website.
- Submission of the Video: The participants need to send the link of their video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WMBD 2016 Video Contest Participant”. The video will be embedded on WMBD 2016 Video Contest Website.
- Deadline: The last date for the submission of the art work is 3 April 2016.
Things to be paid Special Attention
- Sharing the video on Social Networking Platforms such as YouTube and Twitter with hashtag #WorldMigratoryBirdDay increases the promotion of the video thus enhancing its chances to win.
World Migratory Bird Day Selection Process
All the videos received will be embedded on WMBD 2016 Video Contest Website.
- Committee and its decision: The committee will constitute the staff and members of CMS, AEWA and WMBD along with associated organisations. The decision made by the committee will be final.
- Declaration of Result: The result will be declared on 25 April 2016 on the website of WMBD and the winners will also receive e-mails from AEWA’s side.
World Migratory Bird Day Contact Details
Doodle 4 Google India contest organised by Google invites entries from Indian students to design and submit Doodle 4 Google on the topic. The com... Read More
Inlaks Theatre Awards 2019 is given for skill enhancement in the field of theatre Inlaks India Foundation. Inlaks Theatre Awards aims t... Read More
INSPIRE Fellowship 2018: Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is an initiative of Government of India that offer... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The scholarship will ... Read More