World in Photo Competition 2016
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About World in Photo Competition
World In Photo Competition 2016 is an online publication wherein the photographers from around the world can upload and promote their images.
- The photographer then has the option to enter the images into an annual competition, which showcases and celebrates the best photography.
CATEGORIES TO ENTER
- Landscape Untouched
- Man Made Landscape
- Living in the Landscape
Subscribe for Regular Updates of World in Photo Competition
World in Photo Competition Eligibility Criteria
||Under the age of 18
- The competition is open to any professional, student, or amateur photographer.
- All images uploaded and entered must be the property of the photographer and have any publishing agreements in place
World in Photo Competition Reward
Finalists: Up to 50 finalists will have their images dispatched to the world’s media and creative industries.
- All finalists receive a Certificate of Merit for their achievement
Five category winners: Five category winners will receive a winner’s trophy alongside an international announcement
World In Photo’s Photographer of the Year: World In Photo’s Photographer of the Year receives $2000 cash prize and trophy
World in Photo Competition Application form and Process
Step by Step Application Process
- Step 1: Candidates have to create an account to set up your Profile Page.
- Step 2: Upload your images to your profile for the world to see.
- Step 3: Click on an Enter Competition button.
- Step 4: Choose an Entry Package to buy
- Step 5: Pay for your chosen Entry Package
- Step 6: In Edit Profile & Upload Images page – choose/upload the image to enter.
Cost of Entering into the Competition
Candidates can open the account without paying any Charge. Create a Profile Page and upload your photography for the world to view.
1 x image entry
2 x image entries
3 x image entries
4 x image entries
5 x image entries
Kindly Note: All entries are non-refundable and cannot be replaced once entered.
How many images can be entered?
- There is no limit on the number of photographs that can be submitted
- Candidates may submit any images in a category and the same image into multiple categories
- But, candidates can upload only 10 images to their Profile Page, so all in all you can upload only 10 images.
- To upload more images, candidates have to replace the existing images on their Profile Page with the other images they wish to upload.
Specifications of the images to be upload
- Images can be coloured or Black and White
Format: JPEG format files
- The images can published or unpublished
Pixels: Their opened size should be between 1000 pixels and 1200 pixels on its longest side at 72dpi and between 3mb and 5mb
World in Photo Competition Selection Process
- 5 of the finest experts in photography from around the world will see, judge and select the images from the received one’s
- 4 of the judges will be given the task to judge one category each.
- 10 finalists from the best images from each category will be selected.
- Thereafter the winner will be decided from each category
- The 5th judge will be given the task to choose the World in Photo Gold Award Winner from the winners of the categories.
- Finalists and winners may be asked to provide a high-resolution 300dpi file of their finalist/winning image
World In Photo Competition Schedule
- Selection Process will begin from October 23, 2016.
- Finalists will be announced on November 6, 2016
- Category Winners and Gold Award Winners will be announced on November 12, 2016
Aga Khan Scholarship or International Scholarship Programme (ISP) is provided by Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and provides a limited number of ... Read More
Developing Solution Master’s Scholarship is offered to students of Commonwealth Countries to study in the UK and pursue Master’s Degree in... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a coding program on global level organized by Google for helping & developing students with open source, free soft... Read More