World Bank Group Youth Summit 2016 Business Competition
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition
World Bank Group Youth Summit 2016 competition invites the young minds from across the world to use their knowledge and creativity to crowd source solutions for climate change that contribute to growth and development in developing and emerging countries.
Youth Summit 2016 will feature a live competition in which selected young professionals will present business or policy proposals on Innovative ideas on how to mainstream climate change and achieve development needs in a specific World Bank Group client country.
- Interested candidates have to submit proposals that provide business or policy level ideas on how to tackle climate change impacts and achieve development needs in a specific country.
Deadline: October 1, 2016.
Theme: "Rethinking Education: Innovative ideas to transform education"
- Youth Summit 2016 will be conducted at Preset Auditorium, World Bank Headquarters, Wahington, DC.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition
World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition Eligibility Criteria
||Aged between 18 and 35 years
Nationality: People of all Nationalities are eligible to participate
Age: Aged between 18 and 35 years
- World Bank Group employees and their families are also allowed to participate.
- Entries are encouraged from eligible individuals with the drive to innovate regardless of their occupation
World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition Reward
Prizes will be given to a two winners: a winner selected by a Judging Panel as well as a winner selected by the attendees of the Summit
- Prizes may include cash and/or in kind services.
- As Youth Summit 2016 winners, the winning teams will receive special recognition at all relevant Youth Summit events.
World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition Application form and Process
The competition is open to individuals and teams of up to 5 people. There is a maximum limit of five members for any team
- Teams and individuals are limited to one entry each.
- Youth Summit 2016 competition proposals must be created by and owned by the participants.
Specifications of the proposal
Word length: 2,000-3,000 words in length
Language: The proposals must be submitted in English
- Financial plans or implementation costs detailed in tables can be submitted as images
- Format: PDF
- Size: Less than 10 MB
- Sub-Theme: The participants must choose any one of the four sub-theme:
- Innovation and Technology in Education
- Skills for the New Economy
- Gender Equality in Education
- Education in crisis zones
Other Things Required
- A 200-word introduction of each of the members of the team.
Submission of the Proposals
- Completed proposals must be submitted through the Youth Summit email account firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM EST on October 1, 2016
- The subject line should be "WBG Youth Summit 2016 Climate Change Competition.”
World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition Selection Process
WBG Summit 2016 Judging Criteria
The judging of the documentary entries will be based on the following equally weighted criteria:
- Innovation, originality, and impact
Screening and Judging Process
- All the submissions received will be initially screened by the Youth Summit Organizing Committee (“YSOC”).
- YSOC will verify that the Contestant and the Entry meets the Eligibility criteria and "Competition Rules and Regulations."
- All Submissions which pass the YSOC screening will be shortlisted by an Expert Committee
- Shortlisted proposals will pass to the Judging Panel, who will judge based on the criteria plus the presentation of each team live during the Youth Summit
The Judging Panel
The Judging Panel will be composed of World Bank Group, public sector, private sector, and/or NGO sector professionals working in the field of business, development, climate change and/or the environment.
Youth Summit 2016 will be conducted at Preset Auditorium, World Bank Headquarters, Wahington, DC.
World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition Address
The World Bank
1818 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20433
World Bank Group Youth Summit Business Competition Contact Details
Phone: (202) 473-1000
Fax: (202) 477-6391
Summer Internships at Institute of Science & Technology is conducted by IST Austria for candidates involved in Bachelors or Masters study for... Read More
International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, founded in 1954, is one of the oldest short film festivals in the world and one of the major i... Read More
NASA Space Settlement Contest 2018 is organized by NASA Ames in collaboration with National Space Society and seeks to give students an opportuni... Read More
Hornby Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Hornby Educational Trust in partnership with British Council to study a one-year full-time Master&rsquo... Read More