Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015: Wiki Loves Food
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Medical Apply Now
About Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015
- Wikimedia Commons is inviting entries for Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015: Wiki Loves Food . This photo contest is organised for getting images for use on Wikipedia and other project websites of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Participants need to upload photographs of Indian food, where Indian food is the prime subject and should be presented for edible purpose.
- The contest is open for all and there is no restrictions regarding the age of the participants. There is no registration charges for the contest.
- The aim of Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015: Wiki Loves Food is to educate people about and promote donating images to Commons on a national scale.
- The photographs for the Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015: Wiki Loves Food must be submitted before June 15, 2015 and the winners will be declared by end of June 2015.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Eligibility Criteria
||Open for all
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizens only although no restriction is there on nationality but prizes can be dispersed within India only.
- Age: There is no restriction on the age of the contestants.
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Reward
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Rewards
The Photographs selected as the winner of the contest will get the following prizes:
- 1st Prize - Rs.20,000
- 2nd Prize - Rs.15,000
- 3rd prize - Rs.10,000
- Community Award - Rs.5,000
The Decision regarding the Community Prize will be taken by a community members of Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia and social media related to Wikimedia projects.
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Application form and Process
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Application process
The candidates willing to participate in the photo contest need to upload their entries by registering themselves on the Wikimedia common’s website and follow the process there. The application process is divided into 5 steps and the details are as follow:
- Step 1- Registration: Participants need to register themselves on the website using their email id and create an account on Wikimedia Common’s Website. >> Click here to Register.
- Step 2- Selecting the Photograph: Candidates can select the photo which they want to upload for the contest. The specifications of the Photograph are as mentioned below:
- Theme: Celebrate Indian Cuisine's diversity and beauty.
- Copyright status: The entries being submitted must be under a free copyright license or release it to the public domain.
- The photographs must be self-taken by the participant.
- Not Eligible for the Contest: The Photographs having any of the following items are not eligible to be a part of the contest:
- Computer generated or painting etc. of food items.
- Photograph of uncooked food fruits, vegetables or any other eatable in their natural state.
- Multiple photographs of the same food from different angles.
- Photographs with watermark or not having clear encyclopedic value.
- Photographs having multiple food items in it, or food presented for non-edible purpose.
- Step 3- Rights Release: The participants need to release the rights of the image.
- Step 4- Description: Participants need to describe their photograph by giving details about the food item being presented and other information related to the image and food.
- The identification of the pictures must be done by adding the category “Images from Wiki Loves Food 2015” in the description of the Image.
- Step 5-Submission: Once all the above mentioned steps are complete, participant can go ahead with the final submission of the image for the contest.
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Selection Process
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Selection Process
The selection of the winner will be done by an expert panel on the basis of the judging criteria decided by the criteria pre decided. Details of which are mentioned below:
- Judging Panel: The Judging panel consist of some of the well-known names of both Photography as well as food: The names of the Judges are mentioned below:
- Madhu Menon
- Manu Bahuguna
- Sahil Khan
- Karthik Nadar
- Kiran Ravikumar
- Judging Criteria: The photographs submitted for the competition will be judged on the following basis:
- Technical quality
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects
- Results: The result of the competition will be declared before the end of June 2015 and the updates regarding the result will be available on the contest page of the website.
Wikipedia Photo Contest 2015 Contact Details
Facebook/ Twitter: Wiki Loves Food
ACST 2019 Scholarship is offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical entran... Read More
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
ICMR JRF 2019 is Junior Fellowship Programme conducted by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for selecting the deserving candidates for Ju... Read More
Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship 2019 is being offered for academically brilliant students who have secured admission in MBA Program offered at H... Read More