Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Medical Apply Now
About Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India is a photographic contest about protected natural areas, within areas in India. The main aim of Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India is to highlight the conservation areas in India with the goal to encourage people to capture pictures of local natural heritage and scenic landscape and to put the photograph under a free licence which can then be re-used by anyone.
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 or WLE is an international photographic competition organised every year by Wikipedia community members with the help of local Wikimedia affiliates across the globe. The Contest will be held from 1 June to 30 June 2017. The winners will be announced on or before 31 July 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India Eligibility Criteria
||No age bar
- The image must be self-taken.
- The Image should be of a protected area (or its flora or fauna) in India.
- Watermark pictures, image credits on the picture itself or any other kind of editing which associates the image with the uploader are not eligible.
- Non-photographic works such as drawings or entirely computer-generated works
- Already uploaded photographs will not be allowed.
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India Reward
All the images covering India will be judged by a Judge Panel. 10 Photographs will be selected for submission to the International WLE judging in August. These 10 Indian winners’ Photographs will also be featured on Wikimedia India’s Website.
- The International winner will be awarded a Wikimania 2017 scholarship to Italy.
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India Application form and Process
All the participants need to register themselves first in order to upload their desired photograph.
Click here to Register
Click here to Upload Photograph
Important Instructions for Uploading the Photograph
- There is no age limit criteria to participate in for Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India contest.
- Self- taken photograph: All the photographs taken by the participants must be self-taken and original. It must be uploaded by the participant only.
- The photograph must be under a free license.
- The image must be appropriately described and categorised.
- Must be a protected area: The photograph must be from a protected area or the representative species that is the flora and fauna.
- Areas (along with its natural Flora or Fauna) in India that are within the scope of this competition include Protected Tiger Reserves, Biosphere Reserves, Potential Biosphere Reserve Sites, Reserve Forests, Waterfalls of India, National Parks, Botanical Gardens, Aquaria, Zoos, Rivers, Elephant Reserves, Mountains, Endangered Animals, Birds and Wildlife of India.
- Photos of representative species (animals, plants etc.) taken in an eligible site also qualify if they are properly identified.
- The photos that are uploaded by the participants must be at least 2 Megapixel. The photo must be uploaded in higher resolution or the photo will be disqualified.
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India Selection Process
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India competition winners name will be announced on or before 31 July 2017.
All the entries will be judged by a panel and 10 images will be selected for submission to the International Wiki Loves Earth judging in August.
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
ICMR JRF 2019 is Junior Fellowship Programme conducted by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for selecting the deserving candidates for Ju... Read More
Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship 2019 is being offered for academically brilliant students who have secured admission in MBA Program offered at H... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More