WIGH Fellowship 2017-18 at Harvard University- Study of Global History
Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 by Aakash Apply Now
About WIGH Fellowship
WIGH Fellowship is for Ph.D. scholars who want to go for further research at Harvard University, USA. This fellowship is conducted by Weatherhead Center for International Affairs. Weatherhead Initiative on Global History (WIGH) at Harvard University identifies and supports outstanding scholars whose work responds to the growing interest in the encompassing study of global history.
- By the means of WIGH Fellowship, Harvard seeks those candidates who are willing to rediscover the cultural, economic, ecological, political and demographic connections among different societies of the world.
- The Fellowship is funded by Volkswagen Foundation and the candidates who are having Ph.D. Degree are eligible to apply for the WIGH Fellowship.
- The candidates selected for the WIGH Fellowship will be given an annual stipend of up to $50,000 (Approx. 32 lakh) along with access to various resources at Harvard University.
- The duration of the fellowship is One year and the applications for the academic year 2017-18 are being accepted.
- The applications can be made online and there is no application fee in order to apply for the WIGH Fellowship.
- Applicants should provide the details of the topic on which they would like to conduct the research, methods which will be used to get to the conclusions and at least 2 references to complete the application process.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of WIGH Fellowship
WIGH Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
|| Ph.D. Scholars
||Nationality: The WIGH Fellowship is open for global applicants.
Age: There is no restriction over the age of the candidate.
Academic Qualification: The applicant should have a PhD degree, and in case the applicant is still pursuing Ph.D., he/she must receive the PhD Degree no later than May 2017.
Language: The applicant should be well versed in English language and if required should submit a proof of language proficiency.
WIGH Fellowship Reward
The candidate selected for the award of WIGH Fellowship will be eligible for the following perks:
- Stipend: The candidates will be eligible for an annual stipend of up to $50,000 (Approx. 32 lakh).
- Duration of the Fellowship: The fellowship is offered for a period of 1 year.
- Other Facilities: The selected fellow will get time, guidance, office space, and access to Harvard University facilities.
WIGH Fellowship Application form and Process
The applications for the WIGH fellowship will be accepted online and the following process needs to be followed for the completion of the application process:
Mode of Application: Online applications are accepted for the WIGH Fellowship. Interested candidates can visit the Website of Harvard University and complete the application form.
Required Documents: The following documents are required to complete the online application process:
- Curriculum Vitae: The candidate should upload their Curriculum Vitae which should have information related to the list of publications
- Cover Letter: The cover letter should provide the information related to the applicant’s academic field and provide details about the proposed or actual topic of research.
- Statement of Research: The statement of research should inform about the topic of research, the objectives which will be fulfilled by the research, methods which will be used to complete the research and other relevant information.
- References: The applicant must provide at least 2 references.
WIGH Fellowship Address
Weatherhead Initiative on Global History
Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
1727 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
WIGH Fellowship Contact Details
Phone: +011 (617) 495-8923
The Atlas Shrugged Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education. The student has to write an ... Read More
GP Birla scholarship 2021 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies ... Read More