Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge 2015
About Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge
- AECOM and Rockefeller Foundation invites multidisciplinary teams of students to participate in their Urban SOS: All System Go Competition and submit their proposal for one of the 100 resilient cities in the world.The participants have to identify a challenge faced by the city and propose a solution for it.
- Urban SOS: All Systems Go Challenges requires the teams to identify an urban population facing the possibility of disruption to its food, energy, or water systems, and offer strategies that strengthen these systems’ ability to withstand future shocks or stresses, while also making them more efficient, equitable, and accessible to diverse populations.
- The proposals should be related to the issues related to one of 67 cities that currently make up the 100 Resilient Cities network.
- Bangalore, Chennai and Surat are the Indian cities attached to the Resilient Cities network.
- Students from different academic backgrounds are supposed to work together and play vital role in presenting an overall Inter-dependent solution to achieve the goal of Urban SOS.
- There is no participation fee and the proposals for the Challenge are to be submitted online using the official website. Candidates need to pre-register their interest before proceeding with submission of their proposals.
- The winner of the Urban SOS: All System Go Competition will get USD 15,000 and the team with their proposal listed in Top 3 will be invited to present their proposal in front of the Jury at A+D Museum, Los Angeles.
- The Important dates related to the Urban SOS: All System Go Competition are as follow:
June 21, 2015
August 21, 2015
Announcement of finalists
September 17, 2015
Presentation and announcement of the winning team
October 15, 2015
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Eligibility Criteria
||Students enrolled in Higher Studies
- Nationality: Students from around the globe can participate in the Urban SOS competition.
- Academic Status: The applicants should be a full time student enrolled in Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. level.
- Participation: The Challenges is open only for group or team participation.
- Individuals are not eligible to participate on their own.
- One Individual can participate from a single team only.
- Team Size: The ideal team size should be of 2-4 members for the competition.
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Reward
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Rewards
Out of the entries received for the competition, 3 semi-finalists will be selected who will present their submission in Los Angeles. The winning team/teams will get the below mentioned benefits:
- Cash Prize: The winning team /teams will get cash prize worth USD 15,000 (Approx. INR 9,50,000) which may be divided among the winning teams.
- Donation: AECOM will donate combination of Cash and in-kind staff time worth up to USD 25,000 (Approx. Rs.15,00,000) to charitable or humanitarian organization in order to help further development of the winning projects.
- Travel Honorarium: All the semi-finalist teams will get an honorarium to cover the travel expenses related to the trip to A+D Museum, Los Angeles to present their submission.
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Application form and Process
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Application Process
The application process for the Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge is completely online and the participants are required to register themselves before the deadline of the application process and complete the submission within the deadline. The details of the application are as follow:
- Mode of Application: The application process is completely online and there is no requirement for the drawings or photographs related to the project to be sent to the related authorities in order to complete the submission.
- Details of the Proposal: The project to be submitted must comply with thebelow mentioned conditions:
- Language: The proposal and other material related to the proposal should be in only English.
- Location: The location of the project should be any one of the city which is a part of 100 Resilient Cities network.
- In India, Bangalore, Surat and Chennai are the three cities which are the part of the 100 Resilient Cities network.
- Key points: The proposal should cover the below mentioned basic 3 points:
- Frame and visualize the problem
- Think strategically to maximize impact
- Develop implementable prototypes
Submission of Entries
The entries for the Challenges are to be submitted online along with the below mentioned details:
- Description: A brief and precise description of the proposal in not more than 250 words. The name of the City along with the Challenge being faced and the proposed solution should be clearly mentioned in the Description.
- Site Coordinates: The coordinates of the location of the site in Google Earth or an address of the site which is searchable on Google Earth.
- Presentation: A pdf slide presentation having maximum 10 slides including text or images related to the proposal. There is no restriction regarding the word limit but the font size should be readable when printed on an A4 size paper. Specifications of the presentation:
- Format: Adobe Acrobat PDF
- Size: Maximum 5 MB
- Orientation: Landscape
- Size: A4
- Team Details: The names of the team members along with their contact details are to be provided along with the proposal submitted.
- Final Submission: The submission need to be done online on the official website before August 21, 2015.
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Selection Process
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Selection Process
- The Judging panel of Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge consists renowned names from the industry.
- Initially 3 entries will be selected and will be informed about their selection to present their proposal in front of the judging panel at A+D Museum in Los Angeles. All the participants will be informed about the names of the three selected finalists.
- Result: The result of Urban SOS will be declared on October 15, 2015 after the presentation of the proposals in front of the jury at A+D Museum.
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Address
Los Angeles (Worldwide Headquarters)
1999 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 2600
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Urban SOS: All System Go Challenge Contact Details
CENTA TPO 2019 (Teaching Professionals' Olympiad) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of go... Read More
BEE National Painting Competition 2019 for school children is conducted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched th... Read More
IPTSE 2019: Intellectual Property Talent Search Examination by ASSOCHAM & ERICSSON is a competitive exam cum awards with an objective to create aw... Read More
MOMA Scholarship 2019 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Merit cum Means Sch... Read More