IIHS Urban Fellows Program 2018
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1199 Apply Now
AAKASH Rapid Revision Test Series for NEET Apply Now
About IIHS Fellowship
Urban Fellowship program 2018 is a nine-month, fully funded interdisciplinary fellowship program for recent graduates from the varied educational background.It is also known as IIHS Fellowship. The Urban Fellows Program 2018 application process has started now and the aspirant fellows can apply by 16 April 2018 to get enrolled in the program.
About Urban Fellows Program
Urban Fellows Program is an initiative by Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) supported by H.T. Parekh Foundation to give opportunities to recent graduates and young professionals to understand the challenges and opportunities in urban planning.
- The first batch of Urban Fellows Program had 30 Fellows.
- Urban Fellows Program is a full-time program of nine-month duration.
- The program prepares the fellows to understand the disparities in urban culture and provides opportunities to become entrepreneurs, thought leaders and change makers of the future.
- The program for session 2018-19 will culminate in IIHS Bangalore City Campus for all Fellows.
Urban Fellows Program Dates
Urban Fellows Program Application Begins - Started!
15 March 2018
Urban Fellows Program Application Ends
16 April 2018
(Till 6:00 PM)
Candidates will be contacted to set up Interview Date
May 3rd week 2018
Urban Fellows Program Result and waitlist
End of June 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of IIHS Fellowship
IIHS Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Below 30 years
- All the applicants for this fellowship program should be Indian citizens, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs).
- Age shouldn’t exceed 30 years at the time of Application. Candidate must be born on or after 1 May 1988.
- Basic proficiency in reading English is mandatory; however, for candidates with limited English accessibility can also apply.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 can also apply.
IIHS Fellowship Reward
Urban Fellows Program is a fully funded scholarship. The winner gets complete funding for tuition fee and accommodation. There is also an arrangement for additional financial support in the form of a stipend for applicants with the weak financial background.
The UFP is a fully funded programme. All fellowships include tuition and accommodation. Applicants with significant financial need may also apply for an additional living stipend.
The Fellowship runs from 16 August 2018 to 5 May 2019.
IIHS Fellowship Application form and Process
The Urban Fellows Program application has started and the last date to apply is 16 April 2018, for the third round. The application can be done either online or through the post.
Click here to Apply for Urban Fellows Program 2018
Candidate will have to furnish the following information while applying for Young Fellows Program:
- Basic Personal Information
- Educational Information
- Work, internship or volunteering experience (if any)
- Supporting Information and Documents (A list is given below)
Documents required with the application
- Name and contact information of two references that are known to the applicants. These may be academic or professional references who know you and are familiar with your work.
- Personal Statement and Essays: This section consists of three shorter essay questions: one on your motivation to apply (up to 300 words), and two that focus on your descriptive and analytical ability (up to 400 words each).
- Audio-visual material or other material of your own making that complements your application can be uploaded or sent in.
- Any other information you would like to provide (up to 200 words).
- A Sample of Work: One sample of academic or professional work that best describes your capabilities and interests. The sample may take any form: e.g. text, plans, portfolios, audio files, and visual media. The sample of work should preferably be your individual effort. In case you include a work representing team effort, please specify details of your particular contribution and role
The candidates need not submit the academic transcripts, mark sheets or degree certificates at the time of application.
The applicants can submit online or offline. For offline submission, the candidate has to enclose the application form along with all the documents mentioned above and send it to:
The Admissions Committee,
IIHS Bangalore City,
Campus, No. 197/36,
2nd Main Road,
Bangalore 560 080
IIHS Fellowship Selection Process
The selection process is done through the submitted application, personal interview and another round of assessment like analyzing the Statement of Purpose and Statement of Motivation.
- Interviews will be in Person or via Skype. In exceptional circumstances, phone interviews will also be conducted.
Fellowship Deposit: All admitted Fellows will have to submit a refundable deposit of Rs. 20,000 to secure their admission. This amount will be refunded when the fellowship is successfully complete. However, the applicants in financial need may request a waiver of the deposit to be considered on a case by case basis.
IIHS Fellowship Contact Details
IIHS Bangalore City Campus
No. 197/36, 2nd Main Road
Bangalore 560 080, India
Tel: (+91)9901255788, 9606484336
Fax: +91 80 2361 6814
ALLEN Champ 2020 is a national level competition carried out with an objective to honour and mentor the students who are recognised across the wo... Read More
RIMC Admission 2020 to Class 8 will be done on the basis of RIMC Admission Test. Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is an ‘A’ c... Read More
12th National Biennial Competition is an initiative of the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) for Green Grassroots Unaided Technological Innova... Read More
Young India Fellowship (YIF) invites fresh undergraduates and postgraduates to apply for the fellowship. YIF is Ashoka University's first postgraduate... Read More