UNIC All India Essay Writing Event 2017
About UNIC All India Essay Writing Event
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event 2017 is being organised by United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan in association with Shri Ram Chandra Mission a non-profit, educational and spiritual service organisation.
- The All-India Essay Writing Event is organised each year in numerous educational institutions across the country on the celebration of International Day of Youth i.e. August 12 every year.
- There are two categories of participation and students have the option to express themselves in English, Hindi or one of the following 11 approved regional languages of India.
- Word Limit is 1000 Words for Each Category
- The last date for submission of Essay is 12 August 2017, and the result for the essay writing event is December 2017.
Essay Writing Event Schedule
|Last Date for Essay Submission by students to their institution's authorities
||12 August 2017
|Last date for the submission of the selected essays by the schools
||1 September 2017
|UNIC All India Essay Writing Event Result
- Category 1 for Class 9-12: Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. ( H. Jackson Brown Jr.)
- Category 2 for UG & PG Students: The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. ( Stephen Hawking)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UNIC All India Essay Writing Event
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event Eligibility Criteria
||Class 9 to 12 and UG and PG students
- Participants should be residents of India.
- Participants must be currently studying in Class 9 to 12 or pursuing Graduation or Post Graduation.
- Candidates who are not enrolled with an institution for study or have opted for a distance learning course/program, are also eligible, provided they are below 28 years of age as on August 26, 2016.
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event Reward
- Both the National and State level prize winners will be awarded medals.
- All prize winners will be awarded certificates signed by the Director of the UNIC and the President of SRCM.
- Results will be declared in December 2016
- National level: Top three essays, written in each of the eleven languages, will be awarded first, the second and third prize from amongst all entries received across the country.
- State level: Top three essays, written in each of the two or three languages opted for by the state, in both the categories, will be awarded first, the second and third prize from amongst entries received in each state.
- Institution level: For every participating institution, a Certificate of Merit will be awarded to the two top essays from each of the two or three languages, in both categories.
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event Application form and Process
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event will be conducted for 2 categories, submission and application process for both of the categories are given below. Applicants have to submit the essays offline only to the representative authorities of their schools
- Category 1-Application Process
- Candidates have to participate via their respective schools
- When the Essay Writing Event is announced in the school, get in touch with the teacher in charge of the Event
- Obtain a copy of the Participant Information Slip which is to be completed by you and attached securely to the essay that you submit to your institution.
- For Category 2- Application Process
- Candidates need to get in touch with the coordinator for their institution.
- Applicants pursuing the distance studies have to contact the organising body by sending an Email to email@example.com containing the name, postal address, and telephone numbers. They will be redirected to the nearest representative authority of their area.
Guidelines for Essay Writing
- Each state will select 2 or 3 language options out of the 11 approved languages, which are locally relevant.
- Candidates can choose either of the languages available within the state as medium for writing the essay
- Participants have to attach a Participant Information Slip with their essays before submission. It must have information of the number of words on the last page and sign at the bottom of each page.
- All essays must be on A4 size sheets, handwritten in black or blue ink only.
- The Essay should not be plagiarized
- The word limit for both categories is 1000 and must be strictly adhered to.
- Rules and Guidelines for essay writing are common to all the categories.
Submission of the Essay
- Essays are not to be posted to our World Head Quarters in Chennai or any other address.
- All eligible and willing candidates must submit their entries to the institution’s designated authorities by 12 August 2017.
- The institution shall then select and submit the top 5 essays in each language along with a complete list of participants in the prescribed format, to an SRCM representative by 1 September 2017.
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event Selection Process
Weightage of Marks
Introduction and Interpretation
Structure and Flow
Creativity and Originality
Note: To qualify for the Final round students may be required to undertake a telephonic interview.
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event 2015 Winners
UNIC All India Essay Writing Event Contact Details
Shri Ram Chandra Mission
Sector 4 , RK Puram New, R.K. Puram,
New Delhi, Delhi 110912
An Indian toll free number: 18001037726.
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More
ACST 2019 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical ... Read More
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation organises Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2019. The application process for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Pro... Read More