UNESCO Photo Contest 2016
About UNESCO Photo Contest
UNESCO Photo Contest 2016 is conducted by the UNESCO New Delhi office. The application process has already begun, this year the applications are invited for photo contest on the theme “Science for Sustainable Future”. This theme is to promote the social media campaign #Science4Sustainability.
- UNESCO Photo Contest is open to six UNESCO Cluster countries namely India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka. The first prize of the winner is 500 USD.
- The last date to apply or submit the photographs by the entrants is August 31, 2016.
Top 10 Photo Contest
#Science4Sustainability is a social media campaign to promote science education and research to empower people to design the solutions they need. The campaign has started on the World Environment Day, June 5, 2016, and end on the World Science Day, November 10, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UNESCO Photo Contest
UNESCO Photo Contest Eligibility Criteria
||India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka
||Photographers with no age limit
UNESCO Photo Contest is open to six UNESCO Cluster countries that is, India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
UNESCO staff and their family members are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
UNESCO Photo Contest Reward
The top three entries will receive the following cash prize:
- A Special prize of 200 USD will be awarded to the most popular photo on social media.
- 2 from each category that is total 10 contest winners will receive Certificates of Merit and Memento.
- The top 4 winning entries will have the honour of being displayed at the UNESCO New Delhi Office.
- The winning photographs will also feature on UNESCO New Delhi’s website and winners will also be announced on the UNESCO New Delhi website as well as on UNESCO official social media platforms.
UNESCO Photo Contest Application form and Process
The candidates who wish to participate in UNESCO Photo Contest 2016 will have to apply online on or before August 31, 2016. The candidates can submit photograph under one (or more) of the following five thematic categories:
- Science for Everyday Life
- Science for Peace and Development
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage, and Wildlife
- Water and Life
- Climate Change
Important Instructions for the UNESCO Photo Contest 2016
The photos must be taken by the entrant himself or herself. The photos can be color-corrected or have filters applied, but should not be digitally manipulated in terms of content and context. The photographs should not include any watermark or borders on the image.
- The entrants can send any number of entries because there is no limit on submission of photographs.
- The photo can be taken using a mobile phone, camera or any other device. The photograph must bear the following specifications:
- Resolution: Minimum 300 dpi with high resolution
- Size: upto 5 MB
- Format: jpeg
Submission of the Photographs
The photographs must be submitted under the five thematic categories given below along with their name and their country of stay along with a short description of the photo, not more than 30 words. The photograph then should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Special Prize entries
The entrant can also participate and win Special Prize for the Most Popular Photo on Social Media, to do so :
- The candidates have to like the UNESCO facebook page that is https://www.facebook.com/unesconewdelhi/ or follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/UNESCO_NDL.
- The candidates will then have to Upload their photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability #UNESCONewDelhi. The candidates must make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
UNESCO Photo Contest Selection Process
UNESCO will do the selection of the winning photographs of the entrants on the basis of the following three criteria:
- Originality: The photographs submitted must be the original imagination of the entrants and they must create something most unique and memorable.
- Effectiveness: The photograph submitted by each entrants must convey an effective message.
- Quality: The quality will be based on the composition and aesthetics of the photo submitted.
It is to be noted that the decision made by UNESCO will be final and no further changes can be made. Any attempt made by an entrant to influence the result or subvert the contest will lead to immediate disqualification.
UNESCO Photo Contest Address
B-5/29, Safdarjung Enclave
New Delhi - 110 029
UNESCO Photo Contest Contact Details
Tel: (91-11) 26713000
Fax: (91-11) 26713001, 26713002
AICTE-ECI-ISTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards 2018 - The competition is held jointly by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of... Read More
WRO India 2018, World Robot Olympiad India 2018 is one of the largest Robotics Competition going to held in Thailand for students between the age... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students is a Central Sector Scheme provided by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs that wil... Read More