UHRSN Human Rights Poetry Award 2015-16
About Human Rights Poetry Award
- Human Rights Poetry Contest is being organized for the First Time by The Universal Human Rights Student Network (UHRSN) based in Vienna, Austria
- THEME: “Refugees and their message to Europe”
- The human rights poetry award is open from September 30, 2015 to November 20, 2015
- The competition is free and there are no fees applicable for sending in poems.
CHARACTERSTICS OF THE POETRY
- to create thought-provoking poems by reflecting on their experiences, wishes, dreams and hopes
- to raise awareness amongst stakeholders, politicians, ordinary EU citizens, etc. on the fate of refugees in- and outside of Europe
- to demonstrate that #refugees are welcome and advocate for their rights
- to be creative
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Human Rights Poetry Award
Human Rights Poetry Award Eligibility Criteria
||Open to All
- Nationality: People of all Nationalities are eligible to participate
- While everyone is permitted to participate, students, migrants and refugees are especially encouraged to take part in the competition.
Team members of “Respond” and their family members are not eligible for the poetry competition.
Human Rights Poetry Award Reward
Human Rights Poetry Contest Reward
300 Euros and a certificate
200 Euros and a certificate
100 Euros and a certificate
Furthermore chosen poems will be read out live on air on Radio Orange 94.0 – the largest community radio station in German speaking countries
Human Rights Poetry Award Application form and Process
Human Rights Poetry Contest Application Process
- Candidates have to write the Poem in English based on the theme: “Refugees and their message to Europe”
- Word length: The poem should not be longer than 200 words
- Fill in the Application Form
- Submission: All the duly written poems are required to be submitted through the poetry submission form on www.uhrsn.org.
Human Rights Poetry Award Selection Process
Human Rights Poetry Contest Selection Process
- From November 21, 2015 to December 5, 2015 poems will be distributed to each jury member and consequently evaluated.
- The judging panel consists of UHRSN affiliates or members, who have a background in human rights, poetry or literature.
- From December 6 to 9, 2015 All Winners are notified by email and their names publicly announced on the UHRSN Website. Pseudonyms are acceptable.
- The winning poems will be published on the International Human Rights Day on the UHRSN Website on December 10, 2015
- On January 31, 2015 The E-Book with the best poems will be available for download on the UHRSN Website.
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behaviour on national and global population issues and... Read More
Charpak Research Internship Program 2019 is conducted by the French Embassy in India in salutation to the Nobel Prize-winning physicist Georges C... Read More
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More