UGC National Film Making Competition 2017
About UGC National Film Making Competition
UGC National Film Making Competition 2017 is conducted by the University Grants Commission. The UGC has framed regulation on preventing the hazard of ragging in higher educational Institutions in order to prohibit, prevent, and eliminate the scourge of ragging. The main objective of this filmmaking competition is to spread the awareness and hazardous & injurious consequences of ragging to the students. All Institutions are required to take necessary steps for its implementation because this regulation is mandatory. The last date of UGC National Film Making Competition entries submission is 30 November 2017.
The UGC has also taken several proactive steps including the effective launch of Media Campaign for preventing ragging. The University can promote its students & faculty to develop films in ragging. The entries could be from the University Departments and affiliated Colleges.
Last Date of Entries Submission: 30 November 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UGC National Film Making Competition
UGC National Film Making Competition Eligibility Criteria
|| Across India
- There are no certain eligibility criteria to apply for the UGC National Film Making Competition.
- Although, those who are submitting the entries could be from the University Departments and Affiliated Colleges.
UGC National Film Making Competition Reward
The UGC will constitute an Expert committee to select 3 best films from the entries submitted by the Universities. UGC Film Making Competition is an initiative to prevent the ragging from colleges.
To promote this initiative, the UGC National Film Competition is being organised and the top 3 selected films will get a reward from UGC. The distributions of the reward would be done as given in the table below:
UGC National Film Making Competition Rewards 2017
Amount (in Lakhs)
Rs. 5.00 Lakhs
Rs. 3.00 Lakhs
Rs. 2.00 Lakhs
UGC National Film Making Competition Application form and Process
The entries from the University Departments and affiliated Colleges can be submitted to the University Grants Commission (UGC). The submission of the film will not be done directly by the individuals, instead, the University will submit the entries to UGC on behalf of the students.
Instruction to UGC National Film Making Competition
- The films may be documentary/ fiction films
- The duration of the film should not be more than about 5-10 minutes.
- The three best film entries from their university need to be submitted to the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- The entries can be submitted in a pen drive/ DVD to UGC, on or before 30 November 2017.
UGC National Film Making Competition Selection Process
- The selection of the films would be done by the expert committe of UGC in which they will select the 3 best films and reward them accordingly.
- The selected films would be then uploaded on the website of UGC in while giving credit to the film maker.
- The decision of UGC in selecting the movie will be final so that no questions/ objections in this regard would be entertained.
UGC National Film Making Competition Contact Details
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
India-Korea Friendship Essay Writing Competition has been introduced by Korean Cultural Centre India to foster friendship among India and Korea (... Read More
KVPY 2019 - The application process for KVPY 2019 has started from 8 July 2019 as per the official website of KVPY. The candidates can apply ONLI... Read More
AKTHE 2019 Scholarship is offered to the academically brilliant students. AKTHE examination is to enable the most deserving students to achieve their ... Read More
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2019: The application process has started for NBHM Scholarship MSc 2019. The candidates can apply for NBHM MSc Scholarship f... Read More