UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2016 - Final Merit List Announced
Last date to apply
June 30, 2016
Extended Date: August 15, 2016
100% Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 & Passed by AAKASH Apply Now
About UGC Emeritus Fellowship
UGC Emeritus Fellowship is a part of UGC Fellowship Program, it focuses at refining and updating the skills and knowledge of the superannuated teachers of universities, colleges, and institutions. UGC Emeritus fellowship gives the highly experienced teachers an opportunity to engage in research and teaching programmes to undertake research, without any restriction of position or pay scale.
The Fellowship is for permanent lecturers, senior lecturers, and selection grade lecturers, readers, and professors who are working in a recognised institution and are retired or will be retiring in the next 6 months. This UGC Emeritus Fellowship will be given to 200 candidates, out of which 100 fellowships will be for the field of Humanity, Language, and Social Science and 100 fellowships for the field of Science.
UGC Scholarships 2017-18
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UGC Emeritus Fellowship
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility of the candidates will be based on the quality of the research work and published work contributed by the teacher in their service.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have a PhD Degree.
- The candidate's research work must be published in reputed journals and contribution to research at national or international level with industries, national organisations, and Universities.
- Employment Status: Candidate must be engaged in permanent regular service as lecturers, senior lecturers and selection grade lecturers, readers and professors in any recognised institution.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Reward
The awardees selected for the scholarship will get the following benefits:
- Number of Awards: A total 200 awards will be given every year and their distribution is as follow:
- Humanity, Language and Social Science: 100 awards
- Science: 100 awards
- Honorarium Grant: The fellows will receive a honorarium grant of Rs. 31,000 per month from University Grants Commission.
- Contingency Grant: For the purchase of journals, books, equipment and chemicals, the awardees will be provided with a contingency grant of Rs.50,000 per annum.
- Duration: The fellows can work up to the age of 70 years or up to 2 years whichever is earlier.
- Travel Expenses: The expenses for the domestic travel need to be adjusted from the contingency grant.
- For Foreign Visit: For foreign visit related to the approved research work candidates need prior approval/ no-objection from the institution as well as of UGC. The visit is further subjected to financial liability on the part of UGC.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Application form and Process
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Application process can only be made online on the website of University Grants Commission, in order to get enrolled in the selection procedure. The details of the application process are as follow:
Click Here to Apply Online
- Online Application: The Application for the award need to be made online at the official website of UGC.
- No offline applications: The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no process for offline application.
- Filling Application Form: The application form need to be filled online and personal information along with the information related to academic qualifications need to be uploaded at the time of application.
Submission of Application
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Selection Process
The selection for the Awards will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received for the award and as per the procedure of the commission.
- The applications received will be inspected, and shortlisted by the Commission on the basis of criteria designed by the University Grants Commission.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview and the interview will be conducted by an expert committee formed by UGC.
Preference will be given to Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC candidates not belonging to creamy layer, physically handicapped and Minority candidates.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Final Merit List
The final merit list of the candidates who have been selected for the fellowship programme 2017-18 has been declared officially. The candidates can check their names in the following given below merit list. The awards letter will be available on the official website of UGC Candidates have to download their awards letter if selected.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Final Merit List 2017-18
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Contact Details
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
SOF IMO Level 2 Result has been announced by SOF for the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO). The last date to apply for the same is 30... Read More
Green Olympiad 2022 is an online examination on the environment for school students organized by TERI. Green Olympiad was initiated by TERI ... Read More
IOQM 2022 (The Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted in 26 regions in India and the shortlisted candidat... Read More
NSTSE 2022 is a talent search exam that is conducted by Unified Council. National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE) will be co... Read More