Thought for Food challenge 2016
About Thought for Food challenge
Thought for Food challenge 2016 invites the world's best and brightest university students to form teams and develop breakthrough projects that address the global challenge of feeding 9 billion people by 2050. The winners will get a chance to participate in the Thought for Food Challenge Global Summit in to be held at Europe.
Thought for Food Challenge 2016 winners will receive upto $25,000 in cash prizes.
Thought for Food Challenge 2016 important Dates
|Last Date to apply
||October 31, 2016
|Submission of the Pitch
||January 8, 2017
What is TFF
TFF is a movement dedicated to tackling the global challenge of feeding 9 billion people through bold, breakthrough solutions.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Thought for Food challenge
Thought for Food challenge Eligibility Criteria
||Open to All
- Nationality: People of all Nationalities are eligible to participate
- Age: People of any age group who are enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited university
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must be student of undergraduate, graduate, masters or PhD programs at any recognized University across the world.
- Non Profit Making organizations can also participate
Thought for Food challenge Reward
10 Finalist teams will receive economy class travel and accommodation to attend the TFF Bootcamp and Global Summit in early 2017.
- The selected team will receive $10,000 USD for their project
- The Runner Up team will receive $75,00 USD for their project
- Mentors: Access to TFF Design Lab and professional mentors from various fields
- Travel + Bootcamp: 10 finalist will receive a trip to a destination where they will take part in a custom program to acquire skills and tools that will propel their projects to the next level.
- TFF Summit: Finalists will represent their university at the TFF Summit and pitch their ideas to a top-caliber judging panel.
Thought for Food challenge Application form and Process
Steps involved in the Thought for Food Challenge
- Step 1: Sign Up
- Step 2: Form your team
- Step 3: Work on Round 1
- Step 4: Submit your pitch
- Step 5: Ten Finalist Team will be announced
- Step 6: Work on Round 2
- Step 7: TFF Bootcamp
- Step 8: Final Pitch
- Step 9: Enjoy lasting benefits
Details about the TEAMS
- There is no limit to how many teams can sign up from each university.
- Teams should be composed of 3-5 members
Work on Round 1
- For Round 1, teams will be required to submit their idea in both text and video format by the pitch October 1, 2016, at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.
- The videos must be uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo and abide by the pitch criteria in order to be considered.
Submission of Entries
All entries must be submitted through the online TFF platform using the “submit your pitch” form on or before January 8, 2017.
Thought for Food challenge Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Innovation: How innovative is the solution, really?
- Implementation: Can the idea be implemented and scaled?
- Uniqueness: Does the solution stand out from everything else out there?
- Team Spirit: Does your team demonstrate passion, curiosity and commitment to get it done?
ROUND 1 JUDGES
- Alex Budak
- Cezary Pietrzak
- Gabriel Wilmoth
- Christoph Auer-Welsbach
- Jessica Weddle
- Steve Dauphin
- Dr. Joseph King
- Sara Farley
- John Cumbers
- Adam Little
What will happen in Round 2?
- 10 Finalist teams will be chosen at the end of Round 1 October 31, 2016, to move on to Round 2.
- If the team gets shortlisted for Round 2, then your team will have to participate in an online training program in order to help you learn how to implement your idea and create a profitable business.
- Round 2 also includes the TFF Bootcamp and Global Summit.
- A minimum of 3 team members have to compulsorily attend both the Bootcamp and the TFF Summit in early 2017
- At the TFF Summit, one Grand Prize winning team and One Runner-up team will be chosen
Thought for Food challenge Contact Details
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More
ACST 2019 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical ... Read More
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation organises Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2019. The application process for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Pro... Read More