The Young India Fellowship 2018
Last date to apply
Round 1: 17 December 2017
Round 2: 4 March 2018
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Medical Apply Now
About Young India Fellowship
Young India Fellowship (YIF) invites fresh undergraduates and postgraduates to apply for the fellowship. YIF is Ashoka University's first postgraduate programme and had its first academic session in 2011. It is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate programme in Liberal Studies & Leadership. Young India Fellowship is a fully-funded, residential programme for recent college graduates showing exceptional ability, willingness to learn and leadership potential.It is structured as an eight-semester long, liberal arts and sciences curriculum designed to build multiple perspectives around various important issues.
- The programme begins for Class of 2017-18 in the month of July 2017.
- The programme is launched in collaboration with University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering & Applied Sciences and its dean co-signs YIF certificates.
- Young India Fellowship Programme is also privileged to partner with Carleton College and Sciences Po to offer to learn with greater diversity, depth and value at the Fellowship.
- The university campus is located at Rajiv Gandhi Education City in Kundli (50 km from New Delhi).The YIF programme is co-located at the Sri Aurobindo Center for Arts and Communication in Delhi. For the academic session 2017-18, YIF will be selecting 200 fellows.
Young India Fellowship Important Dates 2017-18
Round 1 of the Selection Process
25 August 2017
Last date to submit
17 December 2017
Round 2 Selection Process
Second week of December 2017
Last date to submit
4 March 2018
Previous Year Highlight's
||Number of Fellows
|Class of 2012
|Class of 2013
|Class of 2014
|Class of 2015
- YIF will catalyse growth and development as one of India’s young leaders with an exciting one-year immersion in a world-class learning environment.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Young India Fellowship
Young India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||All Indian Nationals
||28 years of age or less
- Educational Qualification: Students who are in the final year of their undergraduate and postgraduate degree (any discipline) from a recognised college of India.
- Students who have completed their undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree and have worked straight after that for not more than three years.
- Language: Students who have received education through any medium of instruction. However, she/he should be able to converse, read and write in English.
- Age: 28 years of age or less on May 31, 2017
- Related Subjects: Students with specialisation in any subject/discipline can apply for young India Fellowship.
A Young India Fellow could be someone who has:
- A deep-rooted ambition to solve problems and make an impact on society.
- Passion for an idea or issue which could have wider social/business/academic implications.
- The humility to believe that he/she needs to learn more.
- The willingness to think differently and chart a new course.
- A demonstrated ability to overcome challenges.
- Qualities of integrity, self-awareness, energy, initiative and open-mindedness.
- An above-average academic record
Young India Fellowship Reward
Young India Fellowship covers, in full or in part the following
- The average cost of the programme per Fellow is about INR 6 lacs and each student is sponsored fully or partially by a sponsor.
- Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops delivered by the best teachers and experts from around the world.
- Boarding and lodging expenses.
- The cost of reading and case materials, library subscriptions and purchase of textbooks.
- Lifetime access to a network of mentor’s, sponsors and peers.
The fellowship is an opportunity to experience an unparalleled world class learning experience delivered by the very best from around the world.
Young India Fellowship Application form and Process
The student interested in applying to young India Fellowship can apply via either of the three modes
Mode 1: Apply Online: Candidates have to apply online at the official website. Once registered a system generated e-mail will be sent to the registered email id of the applicant.
Click here to Apply Online
Mode 2: Download the Application form: Candidates have to download the Application Form from the official website. A confirmation email will be sent to the registered email id of the applicant once the Application Form is received.
Download Application Form
Mode 3: Candidates can purchase the hardcopy of the Application Form directly from the YIF office
Applications Over for this!
- The student can complete the online application form in multiple sessions as the application form can be saved and submitted later on.
- To apply for the Young India Fellowship, applicants must submit a detailed application form. Each component of the application and the interview is important and the selection of the candidate for the programme will be made considering a combination of many factors.
Application Fees: There is no application fee for the program.
Young India Fellowship Selection Process
Young India Fellowship selection process will include evaluation of the submitted application, telephone interview, personal interview and a general ability test to assess the verbal, written and analytical skills.
The selection process will be carried out in three stages:
- All applications will be reviewed by the selection committee consisting of faculty and executive members of the programme spread across different parts of the world.
- Telephonic Interview: Short-listed applicants will be interviewed on the telephone before being called for an in-person interview.
Schedule for Telephonic Interview
|Round 1: Telephonic Interview
||First week of October 2017 to Last week of January 2018
|Round 2: Telephonic Interview
||First week of February 2018 to Second week of May 2018
- In Person Interview
- Round 1 applicants who are short-listed will be interviewed in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore while
- Round 2 applicants shortlisted for interview will be called to New Delhi.
Schedule for Personal Interview
|Round 1: Personal Interview
||First week of January 2018 to First week of March 2018
|Round 2: Personal Interview
||First week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018
Schedule for Final Rounds
|| Last Year Dates
||Dates of 2018 (Not Announced)
|Round 1 Final offers for applicants
||January 1, 2017, to March 10, 2017
|Round 1 Final Offers to Wait Listed applicants
||June 15, 2017, to June 25, 2017
|Round 2 Final offers for applicants
||March 15, 2017, to June 15, 2017
|Round 2 Final Offers to Wait Listed applicants
||June 15, 2017, to June 25, 2017
|Commencement of Program
||July 13, 2017
Documents to be carried on the day of Interview
- Passport or any other identity proof.
- Mark sheets
- Original Graduation document/or one original document to be submitted in person during final registration.
- There could be multiple rounds of interviews for a candidate, depending on the need for further assessment. At this stage, applicants will also be administered a general ability test to assess the verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Final selection for Young India Fellowship 2018 will be based on the applicant’s successful performance at all of these stages.
Young India Fellowship (YIF)
It grooms young women and men to lead India, bringing together 100 emerging leaders from around the country in a one-year residential post-graduate programme and launches them on their leadership journey by opening their mind to a rich and diverse set of subjects and perspectives, delivered by some of the finest teachers from around the world.
Young India Fellowship Address
Young India Fellowship,
Plot #2 Rajeev Gandhi Education City,
Kundli, Haryana -131028
Sri Aurobindo Society Campus,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
Adhchini, New Delhi - 110017, India
Young India Fellowship Contact Details
Phone: +91 011 6565 2643 , +91 9958293745
Email: email@example.com (For Admission Queries)
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (For any other queries), email@example.com
ACST 2019 Scholarship is offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical entran... Read More
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More
GP Birla scholarship 2019 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies ... Read More