The United Nations/Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award
- The United Nations/Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award Committee presents 2016 The United Nations/Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award.
These Political cartoon awards were started in 2005 and is organized annually for promoting the highest standard of excellence among the political cartoonists, all over the globe.
- Under the contest political cartoonists of print, electronic media and on-line media are eligible to participate.
This award is named after the renowned political cartoonist Ranan Lurie and is presented for the best political cartoons reflecting the spirit and the principles of the United Nations. Work done by the political cartoonist should reflect the following
- Importance of human dignity
- Mutual respect
- Economic consideration
- Environmental responsibilities
About Ranan R. Lurie
- The UN Political Cartoon Awards 2016 is given in the honor of Ranan R. Lurie, an American-Israeli political cartoonist.
- Ranan R. Lurie has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by The Republic of Cyprus.
- Lurie’s work was published in 1000 publications and reaches more than 300 million readers.
- The New York Times published 2 of his 10 bestselling cartoon series.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award
Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: The Awards are open to nationals from all countries.
Professional Status: The entries are to be submitted from professional political cartoonists of print publications, electronic media, and on-line media.
- Cartoonists may send in whatever they please, considering the fact that their entries should avoid encouragement of the maligning of the member nations or their leaders.
Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award Reward
UN Political Cartoon Awards 2016 Rewards
Total Thirteen awards will be granted under the United Nations/ Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award 2016
- First Prize:$10,000 and a plaque
- Second prize - $5000 and a plaque
- Third prize - $3000 and a plaque
- Remaining 10 awardees will receive plaques granted by The United Nations/Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Awards Committee.
Other highlights of the contest:
The award ceremony will take place in the presence of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, The Honorable Ban Ki-Moon
Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award Application form and Process
UN Political Cartoon Awards 2016 Application Process
Applicants can download the entry form from the below link:
Application form for United Nations Ranan Laurie Political Cartoon Award
There is no entry fee to participate in the contest.
The last date to apply is November 15, 2016.
Guidelines for submitting the Political Cartoon
- Entries submitted must represent work submitted from the beginning of September 2015 to October 15, 2016.
- The work should reflect the importance of human dignity, mutual respect and friendship among nations, as well as economic consideration and environmental responsibilities towards each other
- Entries should be published in any publication in any language.
- Only Reproductions are acceptable in the form of entries and will be accepted only as published, with the name of publication, language and date included.
- The entry sent must be accompanied by a newspaper print and should be translated into English.
- A single applicant can send a maximum two cartoons.
- Reproductions send must not have the size larger than 8 1/2 x 11 inches.
Biography: All entries must include 75-word biography, a picture of the entrant and must be English/ translated into English
- Envelopes must be 9 x 13 inches in size, else entries will not be opened.
- Only copies (not originals) will be accepted for consideration.
The above-listed guidelines must be adhered to while sending the entry for the political cartoon contest and must be sent in hardcopy to
The United Nations/ Ranan Lurie
Political Cartoon Award
25 Columbus Circle, Suite 63E
New York, NY 10019
Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award Selection Process
UN Political Cartoon Awards 2016 selection Process
- The winning entry will be judged by a panel of judges. (Decisions of judges will be final and irrevocable).
- To know the jury members, applicants can go through the website.
- During the selection procedure, entries will be judged considering the high professional standards in:
- Political analysis of events
- Projection of events to come
- Reflection of the spirit and principles of the U.N
- Result Notification:
- All winning entries will be announced via the worldwide press and on the website www.lurieun.com
- The winners' prizes will be sent via U.S. registered mail on December 15, 2016, to the winners. (Financial and plaques both)
Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award Address
The United Nations/ Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Award
25 Columbus Circle, Suite 63E
New York, NY 10019
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behavior on national and global population issues and ... Read More
Commonwealth Scholarship for Master’s and PhD in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries under ... Read More
IITM Summer Fellowship Programme is a two months summer programme at IIT Madras and is open for engineering students from all across India. The studen... Read More
EGMO 2018 is an international mathematics competition that is organized only for female candidates. In this European Girls’ Mathematic... Read More