The One Minutes Jr. Video Competition 2016
About The One Minutes Jr. Competition
The One Minutes Jr. Competition is a joint initiative of The European Cultural Foundation, The One Minutes Foundation and UNICEF to enhance the creativity of the underprivileged or marginalised youth.
- In order to participate in The One Minutes Jr. Competition participants need to submit their videos with the duration of One Minute.
- The video can be submitted to either of the three categories:
- One minute of freedom
- The winners of the competition will be awarded Tommy award and an HDFlipCam!
- Tommy Award is a prestigious award related to the field of music at high school level.
- Workshops are organised in order to teach youngsters basic camera and directing skills, story-telling, teamwork and how to think creatively about issues and representation.
- The One Minutes Jr. Competition is especially for those who are underprivileged or marginalised. It acts as an opportunity to have their voices heard and to share their ideas, dreams, fascinations, anxieties and viewpoints on the world.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of The One Minutes Jr. Competition
The One Minutes Jr. Competition Eligibility Criteria
Age: The program is only for young participants belonging to the age group of 12-20 years.
The One Minutes Jr. Competition Reward
The winners of The One Minutes Jr. Competition will be awarded the following prizes:
15 nominees will be invited to travel to Amsterdam and their films will be showcased on the big screen during the International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam.
- Tommy award in each category
- An HDFlipCam!
- The winners will also get a chance to attend The One Minutes Jr./IDFA Masterclass in Amsterdam in November. The award will be presented on November 26, 2016, in VondelCS in Amsterdam.
The One Minutes Jr. Competition Application form and Process
The applications can be made online as well as offline. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Application form: The application form for the contest can be filled online. In case the contestant wants to send an offline entry, the printout of the online application form can be taken.
Themes and Explanation
- One minute of freedom: One Minute to speak out your mind on any topic.
- Inside-out: Sometimes we all feel connected to the world, and in the other moment we feel left out. This can be a choice we make or something that happens against our will. Make a one-minute telling your experience, your opinion.
- Self-portrait: An attempt to define yourself your dreams and hopes, passion, etc. whatever you think the world should know about you
Specifications of the Video
- Duration: 60 seconds including Title and credits.
- Screening Format: Wide screen (16:9)
- Format: 1080p25 or 1080i50
- Frame Size: 1920x1080
- Codec: AppleProRes 422
- Frame rate: 25fps
- Audio: 48KHz PCM stereo
Submission of the Video
Submission of the entry can be done either online or offline. The details of both the processes are as follow:
- Online Submission: For online submission, the videos need to be uploaded at “theoneminutes.wetransfer.com”. The application form can be mailed to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Offline Submission: In the case of Offline submission, candidates can send a data DVD containing the video along with the application form at the address:
The one minute Jr.
Fred. Roeskestraat 98
1076 ED Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The One Minutes Jr. Competition Selection Process
- From all the videos received under the three categories, one winner from each category will be selected for the award of the prize.
- Two videos from each category i.e. a total of 6 videos will be nominated for the prize.
- Prize will be given to one video from each category.
The One Minutes Jr. Competition Address
The One Minutes foundation
c/o Sandberg Institute
Fred. Roeskestraat 98
1076 ED Amsterdam
The One Minutes Jr. Competition Contact Details
BEE National Painting Competition 2019 for school children is conducted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched th... Read More
IPTSE 2019: Intellectual Property Talent Search Examination by ASSOCHAM & ERICSSON is a competitive exam cum awards with an objective to create aw... Read More
MOMA Scholarship 2019 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Merit cum Means Sch... Read More
Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme was formed to provide equal opportunity to the minority groups in the country carried out by Ministry of Minority Affai... Read More