The National Bravery Award 2015
About The National Bravery Award
- The Government of India and the Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW) together presents the National Bravery Award for children who show exemplary work of bravery against all odds.
- National Bravery Award was instituted in 1957 and on February 4, 1958, the Hon’ble Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru presented the very first bravery award.
- Since then, the nominations for The National Bravery Award are called upon every year and as per the decision made by the Committee constituted by ICCW comprising representatives from various Govt. Organizations, NGOs, ICCW members and Office- Bearers.
- Every year, these Awards are presented to 24 children by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India prior to the Republic Day and then bravery award recepient children also attend the Republic Day Parade.
- Children from 6-18 years of age are eligible to send their nominations for the National Bravery Award 2015 against their act of spontaneous selfless service for mankind or showing courage & daring against a social evil/crime.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of The National Bravery Award
The National Bravery Award Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| 6-18 years
||Children should not be less than 6 years and more than 18 years on the date of the incident.
The National Bravery Award Reward
National Bravery Award
Total 24 children are presented with the National Bravery Award and they receive a medal, a certificate and a cash award.
Categories of Awards presented to the selected Nominations:
- Bharat Award givn since 1987 - The winner gets a Gold Medal
- Geeta Chopra Award since 1978 + Silver Medal (Given to a girl)
- Sanjay Chopra Award since 1978 + Silver Medal (Given to a boy)
- Bapu Gaidhani Awards since 1988 + Silver Medal
- General National Bravery Awards since 1957 + Silver Medal
Other benefits to the winners of National Bravery Award
- Awardees receive Gifts given by philanthropic organizations.
- Financial Assistance: Awardees will be granted financial assistance until they complete their school education. The Financial scheme will be offered under Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme to those undertaking professional courses such as Engineering & Medicine and other students will receive the assistance till they complete their graduation.
The National Bravery Award Application form and Process
National Bravery Award 2015 Application Process
Eligible Nominations of the children can be sent in the prescribed format available at ICCW office, New Delhi.Nominations are invited from:
- State/Union Territory Councils of ICCW
- Various Departments of the State Government
- Director Generals and Commissioners of Police of States and Union Territories.
How to submit the Nomination for National Bravery Award
- Recommendation by Competent Authorities: The application must be recommended by any two of the following:
- Principal/Headmaster of school in which the applicant is studying
- Head of Panchayat/Zila Parishad General Secretary
- President of the State Council for Child Welfare.
- Collector/DM/Govt. Official of equivalent rank
- Supdt. of Police of the area
- Police Official of higher rank.
Documents to be sent along with the application form
- A write-up of about 250 words in English/Hindi giving the details of the act of bravery of the child
- Proof of date of Birth of the child
- Newspaper/Magazine clippings
- Supporting documents for FIR/Police Diary filed with the Police Station should be enclosed with the nomination.
The National Bravery Award Selection Process
National Bravery Award Selection Process
Selection for National Bravery Award is made by a Committee constituted by ICCW and comprises
- Representatives from secretariats of the President of India, Vice- President of India, Ministries of Human Resource Development, Women & Child Development, Youth Affairs & Sports, Social Justice & Empowerment, Health & Family welfare, Railways, Defence, Home Affairs, Labour, Rural Development, Information & Broadcasting AIR, Doordarshan, Police, Some NGOs, Office – bearers and members of the council.
Selection Criteria for National Bravery Award:
Date of Incident: Incidents occurred between July 1 and July 30 will be considered. However, the date may be relaxed by a maximum period of 3 months at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Out of Nominations accepted, 24 children are chosen for presenting the National Bravery Award.
The National Bravery Award Address
4, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi- 110002
The National Bravery Award Contact Details
Phone: 23239539, 23234508
Telefax: 23232427, 23236616
Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
India-Korea Friendship Essay Writing Competition has been introduced by Korean Cultural Centre India to foster friendship among India and Korea (... Read More
KVPY 2019 - The application process for KVPY 2019 has started from 8 July 2019 as per the official website of KVPY. The candidates can apply ONLI... Read More
AKTHE 2019 Scholarship is offered to the academically brilliant students. AKTHE examination is to enable the most deserving students to achieve their ... Read More
13th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO): The registration for 13th International Mathematics Olympiad is open now. The last date to apply for th... Read More