The EeStairs Standard Design Competition 2016
About The EeStairs Design Competition
The Eestairs Standard Design Competition 2016 is conducted by EeStairs Nederland B.V. (“EeStairs”). Ee Stairs is a staircase manufacturer, It is organising this competition in collaboration with its associated companies EeStairs UK Ltd. and EeVenture B.V.
There are two categories in the Competition- 1) Standard Design 2) Custom Design
Standard Design Competition (Corporate Staircase)
- Do you enjoy exploring the boundaries of what is technically possible in order to come up with refreshing new concepts and progressive designs?
- Does it give you great satisfaction to use your creativity and experience to unlock ingenious solutions? If so, you're the perfect candidate for the EeStairs Standard Design Competition
- EeStairs is challenging students and young designers to come up with creative, functional and affordable staircases and/or balustrades, which
could be taken into production by EeStairs or its associated companies.
Custom Design Competition (Repeatable Balustrade Design)
- The EeStairs Design Competition challenges entrants in the Repeatable Balustrade Design category to develop a revolutionary, yet affordable balustrade that can be adapted to suit a range of situations.
- Designs should be distinctive, innovative and exciting. Solving problems such as how to give a space ‘wow’ factor on a budget is an extremely important aspect of contemporary design and the best entries will offer a solution to this situation
Subscribe for Regular Updates of The EeStairs Design Competition
The EeStairs Design Competition Eligibility Criteria
Students and young designers all over the world interested in architecture, interior design, product design and other technical fields
- The EeStairs Design Competition is open to students at Technical Universities and Colleges studying courses in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Furniture Design.
- Young designers who have already graduated.
The EeStairs Design Competition Reward
The EeStairs Standard Design Competition Rewards
- The winner will get the £2,000 first prize and plenty of publicity for them and their design. Their design could even become a production reality.
- The remaining nominated contestants in both categories will receive a consolation prize of £100.
The EeStairs Design Competition Application form and Process
The EeStairs Standard Design Competition Application Process
Requirements for the Standard Design category (in order of priority):
To design an affordable staircase or balustrade. Think in terms of:
- Low production costs
- Time efficient production and assembly
- Low materials costs Innovative and cost-reducing production techniques for materials or product parts Repeatability (especially for balustrades)
Your design should:
Your design must be unique, innovative and refreshing.
- The design should be technically feasible.
- The design should be beautifully presented by means of convincing images.
- Some keywords you might be able to use for inspiration: out of the box; humor; statement; distinctive; crazy ideas; Marcel Wanders; futuristic; new and innovative materials and/or techniques; new or different use of existing materials and/or techniques
Requirements for the Custom Design category (in order of priority):
To design an affordable staircase or balustrade. Think in terms of:
- Be distinctive, innovative, ingenious, surprising and out of the ordinary.
- Be a standard product – the only variables must be a set of existing options.
- Have little competition. It is important that a standard product is distinctive and therefore not easy to copy.
- Innovative and new production technique and processes are a good way of preventing copying.
- Comply with international regulations.
- Be technically feasible.
- Be beautifully presented by means of convincing images.
A contestant may submit more than one design. In that case, the contestant must register each design separately so that each has an individual entry number. It is not permitted to send in one design under the name of two or more persons.
- Contestants must submit their entries before 16:00 hours on Thursday December 31, 2016 via the website: www.eestairs.com/designcompetition.
- The entry would be incomplete without the online registration process.
- Following successful registration contestants will receive a unique entry number used for identification purposes
- Contestants may send in several different designs. A different entry number will be supplied per design
- A comprehensive expression of the design must be given both verbally and visually
- Models or 1:1 details are not compulsory but contestants are very much encouraged to include these.
- Contestants are responsible for ensuring adequate insurance cover against loss, theft or damage during transit.
- When sending in these items, only the name of the design and the entry number (not any personal details) should be stated.
- They should be sent to the following address:
EeStairs UK Ltd., Unit 3,
The Old Printworks, 20 Wharf Road,
Eastbourne, East Sussex,
The EeStairs Design Competition Selection Process
The EeStairs Standard Design Competition Selection Process
- After registration has closed the professional jury will nominate three designs in each category by giving each design a score.
- The six nominated designs will be publicised on the website
- Visitors to the website may vote (one vote per category) for their favourite design from February 01 to 14, 2016.
- The scores from the jury combined with the results of the online voting will be
used to determine the winners.
Announcement of Winners
- The results of the competition will be made known at the prize-giving ceremony that will take place on Friday March 4, 2016, in Netherlands.
- After the prize-giving ceremony, the winners will be announced on the website of the competition and in other publications as well.
- All the nominated contestants will be invited to attend (airplane tickets and transfer from Amsterdam Schiphol to Barneveld will be arranged by EeStairs).
- In addition to the prize-giving ceremony, EeStairs will give a company presentation and a guided tour in the workshops.
The EeStairs Design Competition Address
The Old Printworks,
20 Wharf Road,
The EeStairs Design Competition Contact Details
Ms N. Steenbergen, Senior Sales Advisor EeStairs UK
T: +44 1323 646 904
Unified International English Olympiad (UIEO): The registration process has started and the candidates can apply for the Unif... Read More
BEE National Painting Competition 2018 for school children is conducted by Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched the Na... Read More
9th National Painting Competition on Water Conservation aims at making the children aware of the need for conserving this precious resource ... Read More
KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme is implemented under the STARS - Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Science programme of&... Read More