Telos Student Essay Competition
About Telos Student Essay Competition
- The essay competition is organized by Telos. Telos is a journal that consists of readings from the genre of politics, philosophy culture and theory published in United States in the year 1968. Founded by Paul Piccone, the journal at the beginning introduced ideas of western Marxism and critical theory. Famous among English speaking audiences, the Telo press publishing is head quartered in New York
- Telos invites people with innovative and fresh ideas from graduate and post-graduate researchers. The thoughts and ideas of the people should be provoking enough to suggest changes in the field of politics, philosophy, critical theory, theology, culture and arts.
- There is no particular theme or topic as such for the essay writing competition but it should be on the lines of content published in the journal.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Telos Student Essay Competition
Telos Student Essay Competition Eligibility Criteria
- The student must be a subscriber to Telos or affiliated to any institution that maintains an institutional subscription to Telos.
- The students must be affiliated to a recognized university.
- The competition is open to M.A. and Ph.D students as well as post-graduate researchers who are affiliated with an internationally recognized higher education institution (university, institute, etc.)
Telos Student Essay Competition Reward
- The essays selected will be published in the future issue of Telos Journal.
- The winner will get a free annual subscription to the Telos Journal
- The winner will also get a free copy of a book published by Telos publishers of his/her choice
Telos Student Essay Competition Application form and Process
Guidelines to be followed
- The essays must be written in English
- The length of the essay should not exceed more than 7500 words( without notes) or 8500 words ( with notes)
- Abstract: Submission to Telos should also include 250 words abstract
- Short notes can also be sent (2500 words)
- Topical comments can also be sent (1500 words)
- Style and format of the submission must be in Chicago Manual of the style guidelines,
- Formatting, spelling, and punctuation should follow American stylistic conventions.
- Attention to the sources must be paid.
- The essays must be original. They should not have been published before.
- The essays are to be sent online and has to be written in a Word attachment. mailto:email@example.com
- The subject of the e-mail should include the words - “Telos Student Essay Competition”
- For spelling & usage the following dictionaries can be followed
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed
- Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged
- For finer points of grammar following can be used
- Garner’s Modern American Usage, 2nd ed (for fine grammar)
Telos Student Essay Competition Selection Process
The essays will be selected on the following criteria
The selected essays will be declared after at least 3 months after the submission ends.
Telos Student Essay Competition Address
Telos Press Publishing PO Box 811 Candor, NY 13743
Telos Student Essay Competition Contact Details
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More