TED Fellowship Program 2019
Last date to apply
26 August 2018 (11:59pm UTC)
About TED Fellowship Program
TED Fellowship Program 2019 is a global network of 400 innovators and trailblazers in which every year 20 people from around the world are selected to participate in either the TED or TED Global. It is not an academic fellowship thus anybody who has done remarkable in their field can apply for this program and thus a strong academic record is not a requirement to apply. The application process for TED Fellowship Program 2019 will begin from 2 July 2018.
TED Fellowship is for people who’ve made major breakthroughs or have achieved outstanding results through their innovative inventions. The selected Fellows will become part of the TED Conference. The Application Process for TED Fellowship opens twice in a year. One is for TED and other for TED Global.
- Dates for the TED 2019 application cycle is as follows: There are different opening and closing dates for the TED 2019 and TED Global 2019. The dates for TED Fellows 2019 are:
|TED Fellowship 2018 Application Begin
||2 July 2018
|Last Date of TED Fellowship 2018 Application Submission
||26 August 2018
(11:59 pm UTC)
The TED Fellows are selected across all disciplines based on the strength of their achievements, their potential for impact and their character. 20 candidates each will be selected for TED and TED Global to attend TED Conference.
- Once the TED Fellowship year has passed, 10 candidates are selected from the pool of existing Fellows for the two-year TED Senior Fellows program
What is the difference between TED and TED Global?
- TED is our historic, flagship event, taking place annually since 1984. TED attracts about 1,300 attendees and three-quarters of its speakers and attendees are from the US.
- TED Global, held annually in Europe, is TED's twin conference, sharing its format and audience -- but with a stronger international approach. Of its 700 attendees, it draws a more global audience and speaker line-up (three-quarters from outside of the US).
Subscribe for Regular Updates of TED Fellowship Program
TED Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
- Marks and GPA holds little value, Accomplished projects and innovations are evaluated.
- The candidate whose age is 18 years and above can apply. But the target is 21-40 years.
- TED Conferences are conducted in English, English proficiency is a requirement.
- Every fellow should possess fine character and a good heart.
TED Fellowship Program Reward
- Participation in TED and TED Global conferences in Vancouver, Canada.
- TED pays for round-trip economy airfare, ground transportation to and from the conference location, and meals and shared accommodation on site.
- Senior TED Fellows gets an Opportunity to deliver a TED Talk on the TED University or main TED stage.
- The Senior Fellows program is an extended two-year Fellowship program. Fellows who have completed the terms of their fellowship may apply to be a TED Senior Fellow. Every year, all the TED Fellows from the previous year who have applied for the Senior Fellows program will be pooled; 10 from among these will be selected to be Senior Fellows.
- The TED Fellowship offers access to an exclusive private network of change-makers, unique skills-building workshops and the mentorship of world-renowned experts.
- Fellows have access to personal mentorship opportunities and speaker coaching
TED Fellowship Program Application form and Process
The application process for TED Fellowship Program 2019 will be started on 2 July 2018. Those candidates who want to participate in this fellowship must fill the application form. Candidates can visit the official website of TED Fellowship to fill the application form or click on the following link.
Click here to Apply Online
(Link will be activated on 2 July 2018)
Simply filling the Application Form is not the only task but the candidates also have to write an Essay and provide three references.
Tips for Applying
- Be concise
- Actions & Academics.
- Don't be afraid to brag: Mention about your accomplishments and what makes you exceptional.
- Websites, photos, articles, etc: Try to give links of what you’ve created and built and of your accomplishments.
- Save an offline copy
- At the top of the application, candidates must select the box corresponding to the conference they would like to be considered for.
Kindly Note: The application processes for the TED and TED Global Conferences different.
TED Fellowship Program Selection Process
TED Fellows selections are made by the staff of the program, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts in all fields. As such till date, there is no algorithm or hard and fast rule for how to select the TED Fellows. Usually, candidates are selected on the basis of measures mentioned below:
- based on their accomplishments in their respective fields
- the potential impact of their work
- most importantly, their character.
TED Fellowship Program Contact Details
TED Conferences, LLC
250 Hudson St.
New York, NY 10013
UNU-ISP scholarship is for admission into Master of Science and PhD in Sustainability Science Programme at Tokyo.UNU is an international academic inst... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
ALLEN ASAT 2018 is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. ... Read More
Banasthali Vidyapith School Admission 2018 for class 6 and class 9 has started. Only the women candidates can apply for the admissions in Banasthali V... Read More