Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program 2018
About Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program
Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program is conducted by United State-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) that brings excellent secondary level school teachers to the U.S. for a professional development opportunity. The main focus of the Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program is to promote mutual understanding between the nationals of India and the nationals of the US through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals, and students.
- The Program will provide approximately 177 secondary school teachers from East Asia and the Pacific, Europe and Eurasia, the Near East, South and Central Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Western Hemisphere with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge about the United States.
- TEA consists of a six-week non-degree, non-credit customised academic program including seminars on new teaching methodologies, curriculum development, lesson planning, and instructional technology.
Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program Dates
|TEA Application Deadline
||2 April 2018
|Paper screening of the application
||Mid-end April 2018
|Notification of Finalists
|Pre-Departure Orientation Cohort I
|U.S. Program Dates Cohort I
||Late January-March 2019
|Pre-Departure Orientation Cohort II
|U.S. Program Dates Cohort II
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program
Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||Full time school teacher (class 6 to 12)
|| Applicants must:
- Be a full-time school teacher (6th to 12th grades) in a school that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population.
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching disciplines: English, EFL, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, or special education
- Be citizens of India and be qualified to hold a valid Indian passport;
- Live and teach in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Lakshadweep and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in the teaching subject with a teacher training degree.
- Be present in India at the time of submitting the application and for the interview;
- Obtain a minimum score of 450 on paper-based TOEFL or 61 on iBT TOEFL or equivalent English language examination.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program.
Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program Reward
The candidates selected for Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program will have an opportunity to avail the following facility:
- J-1 visa support;
- A pre-departure orientation held in India;
- Round-trip airfare to and within the US;
- A Welcome Orientation in Washington, D.C.;
- Academic program fees;
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals;
- Accident and sickness medical insurance coverage;
- Transportation to the practicum school (if necessary);
- A daily allowance for incidentals during the university academic program;
- A professional development allowance;
- A baggage/shipping allowance and;
- An end-of-program workshop in Washington, D.C.,
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program Application form and Process
Candidates are required to submit an online application along with the supporting documents not later than 2 April 2018. It is to be noted that there is only online application accepted by USIEF from the Indian applicants and no paper application will be accepted. An applicant can apply by following the link given below.
Click here to apply
STEP 1: Register here: Candidate has to register first by following the link given in this page. Now candidate can log in multiple times and complete their application form.
STEP 2: Fill the details: Candidate has to fill the required details given orderly:
- General Information
- Contact Information
- Teaching Disciplines
- School Information
- Other Application and Participation
- Previous Travel Information
STEP 3: Submit the Application Form: Candidate can submit their entry by clicking on the submit button on the top of the page after filling all the details. Candidate can also save a copy of their form by clicking on the 'Download Application PDF' before submitting the application online.
Guidelines for TEA 2018 Application Form
- Candidates have to answer all questions on the Application Form.
- All forms in this application are to be completed in English. Items must be answered completely and carefully.
- Avoid using all capital letters when answering essays and items, e.g. name, address, etc. It is better to use upper and lower case.
- Text box: Applicants can copy and paste all information into text boxes. In the text boxes, they must limit their responses to the specified word limit provided.
- Once an applicant submits their application, you can NO longer make any changes to it.
Institutional Support and Reference Form
- All the applications must be supported by the Institutional Support and Reference Form, duly completed in all respects by your supervisor at the school where the applicant is employed.
- The form must be signed in ink.
- If the form and reference letter are not written in English, an English Translation must be provided.
- The duly filled-in completed application must include the elements listed below:
- Institutional Support and Reference Form completed by your supervisor, and
- A copy of the photo and information pages of your passport (or photo identification)
Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program Selection Process
Fulbright TEA Fellows will be selected through a merit-based open competition based on the criteria below. Top candidates will be interviewed by an interview panel and must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or provide valid results from within the past year (test date no earlier than June 2017).
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching in the field of secondary education;
- Demonstrated leadership potential;
- Professional and educational experience and achievements;
- Potential for developing long- Term linkages between U.S. and Indian educational institutions and schools;
- Preparedness (including maturity, flexibility, and ability to functioning dependently) for an intensive U.S.-based training program with very limited free time for personal travel or sightseeing;
- Willingness and capacity to work and live collaboratively with international peers to foster a positive learning community for professional development;
- Articulated ideas for applying program experience to improving secondary education in the home country;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively;
- English language skills adequate to manage coursework, develop lesson plans, and team-teaching U.S. schools (a minimum paper-based do equivalent TOEFL score of 450 is required for TEA participation).
- Applicants who have had few opportunities to travel to the U.S. will be given priority.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are members of or who work with students from under-served communities or traditionally underrepresented groups including but not limited to women, racial, ethnic and religious minorities, people with disabilities, and the LGBTI community.
Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program Contact Details
Ms. Shevanti Narayan,
Regional Officer, USIEF Kolkata
Regional Office, Kolkata
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 033-3984 6310
Ms. Pranitha Hemanth,
Administrative and EducationUSA
Coordinator, USIEF Hyderabad Regional
Email Id: email@example.com
Ms. Lalitha Nagesvari,
Program Manager, USIEF Chennai
Regional Office, Chennai,
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 044-2857 4275
AICTE-ECI-ISTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards 2018 - The competition is held jointly by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of... Read More
WRO India 2018, World Robot Olympiad India 2018 is one of the largest Robotics Competition going to held in Thailand for students between the age... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students is a Central Sector Scheme provided by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs that wil... Read More