TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017
About TATA Social Enterprise Challenge
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 is jointly conducted by the Tata Group and the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta only for the teams from any country in the world. The main objective to conduct TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 is to find India’s most promising early-stage social enterprises and also creating an ecosystem for social entrepreneurship. The online application process to participate in TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 has already started and the last date is 30 September 2017.
TATA Social Enterprise Business plan contest (B-Plan Contest) invites applications from the social entrepreneurs who have;
- An early stage venture (not older than three years) or,
- A promising idea with a plan that could create sustainable social impact in India.
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 Dates
TATA Challenge last date for applying
30 September 2017
TATA Challenge Round 1 shortlist
20 November 2017
TATA Challenge submission of final proposal
1 December 2017
TATA Challenge announcement of Top 20 Team
15 December 2017
TATA Challenge semi-Finals & Finals
5-6 January 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of TATA Social Enterprise Challenge
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge Eligibility Criteria
|| All over the world
|| No age bar
||The Team who has an idea to create a sustainable impact on the society are invited to participate in the TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017. Only the team can participate in the TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 who fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- The team from any country in the world who have maximum 2 members can participate in the competition. There is no age bar to participate in the competition.
- If the team is submitting an idea, they also have to submit a proof of concept. If the submission is a venture, it must not have been existence for more than 3 years.
- The social venture should be aimed at creating social impact in Indian Society. Business plans for the competition are invited for all the sectors including the following focus areas:
- Agriculture, Food, and Dairy
- Healthcare, Water, and Sanitation
- Technology and Development
- Microfinance/Financial Inclusion
Non Eligibility- Enterprises that were selected as Semi-finalists in previous year’s Tata Social Enterprise challenge will not be eligible for selection
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge Reward
The teams top teams of the TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 will be rewarded cash grants, incubation, funding opportunity and mentorship which described shortly below:
- Cash Grants: The top 3 winners of the TATA Social Enterprise Challenge competition will be awarded cash grants up to 2 lakhs which have to be invested in their ventures.
- Incubation: The teams who qualify to the grand finale will be given an opportunity to pitch for incubation at IIM Calcutta.
- Funding Opportunity: All teams shortlisted for the semi-finals and finals will have an opportunity to pitch to India’s largest social VCs for seed funding.
- Mentorship: The shortlisted teams are provided 3-week mentorship support which leads up to a two-day residential mentorship program on IIMC campus.
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge Application form and Process
The eligible teams can participate in the TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 by applying online on the official website of TATA Social Enterprise Challenge at https://www.tatasechallenge.org directly by clicking the link given on this page. The candidates can submit the online application form by following the instructions given below:
Click here to apply online
- Step 1: First, the participants have to create an account on the official website by clicking a link given on the application page. Now the participants have to enter the basic details such as name, username, password, email, contact number and click the submit button.
- Step 2: Thereafter, the applicants have to download the Impact Proposal document and have to complete it by proving the details asked in there.
Click Here to download the Impact Proposal
- Step 3: After creating an account and filling the impact proposal, the participants have to fill the registration form and have to enter their team details. Now the participants have to upload the impact proposal on the official website and have to click on submit button given there.
The eligible team can participate in the competition by submitting an application form and the form can be filled and submitted only through online mode on the official website of TATA Social Enterprise Challenge. The online application form has to be submitted until 30 November 2017. Once the impact proposal submitted, the applicants will not be allowed to modify the submission.
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge Selection Process
Judges will evaluate the proposal submitted by the teams using the following criteria:
- The Business Model - The business proposals of different teams will be judged on the basis of Innovation and uniqueness offered by the business model. In addition to this, the financial feasibility of the business model and clarity of the business model will also be considered.
- The Social Impact - Submitted business proposal will also be judged on nature of the metric used for measuring social impact. The quantifiable potential and social impact created (if applicable) and Empowerment of stakeholders involved will also be considered.
- Sustainability- Scalability of the business model, Feasibility of implementation plan and Quality of the management team. Clarity of vision, social and financial objectives will also be taken into account.
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge 2017 contest has total 3 stages which the participating teams have to compete. The steps are explained in brief below:
- Impact Proposal Round: In Impact Proposal Round, first, the teams are required to submit an “Impact Proposal” on the official website. Impact Proposal is a detailed business plan format which is developed by the conducting body for the purpose to capture the needs and the impact created by any social venture.
- Semi-Finals: The top 20 teams, who clear the impact round, will be invited to pitch to a panel of judges. Social Entrepreneurs, Social VCs and faculty from IIM Calcutta will be the judges for Semi-Finals.
- The Grand Finale: On clearing the semi-final round, a maximum of 10 teams will be selected for the grand finale. The selected teams will have to pitch to a panel of esteemed judges. The judges of the grand finale will be CEOs/Founders of Social VCs, TATA Business Leaders, social entrepreneurs and faculty from Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta.
- In addition, the enterprise is required to demonstrate significant social impact through results or proof of concept.
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge Contact Details
Phone: +91 7044151055, +91 9920964376
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Program (SBSIP) has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) along with the Ministry of... Read More
SHDF Scholarship 2018 is given by Sikh Human Development Foundation, USA (SHDF) and Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi. Also known as S... Read More
UNESCO International Essay Contest for Young People is conducted by UNESCO along with Goi Peace Foundation. UNESCO which was started 72 years ago to b... Read More
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide an opportunity to pursue master’s degree at selected US colleges and universities.The Fel... Read More