The Syngenta Photography Award 2016
About Syngenta Photography Awards
Syngenta Photography award is open to both professionals and amateurs. Syngenta Photography award invites photographers from around the world to investigate the relationship and the strains between Grow and Conserve through photography.The theme of the third Syngenta Photography Award is set to be “Grow-conserve”. The competition has been divided into two categories:
- The Professional Commission
- The Open Competition
- The Syngenta Photography Award wants to open up an international platform to draw attention towards issues of global significance through enthralling imagery.
Syngenta Photography Award Important Dates
|Last date of uploading photograph
||August 22, 2016
|Shortlisting of candidates
||October 4, 2016
|Showcasing of winners work
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Syngenta Photography Awards
Syngenta Photography Awards Eligibility Criteria
|| Professionals and amateurs aged 18 years or more as on August 22, 2016
- Open Competition is open for students, amateurs photographers or professional photographers.
- Professional Commission is open for only the professional photographers.
- A professional photographer can participate in both the open competition & Professional commission but will have to submit different photos for both the categories.
Not Eligible to participate in Syngenta Photography Award 2016
- Applicants related to the organization or the Syngenta Photography Award judging panel are not eligible
- Entries sent through third parties and agencies are not eligible
- Prize-winning photographs of global competitions are not eligible
- Photographs submitted for some other competition before declaration of results of The Syngenta Photography Award will be rejected
Syngenta Photography Awards Reward
Reward for the Professional Commission
- 1st Prize winner will receive US$15,000
- Plus a Commission of upto US$25,000 for the commission project.
- 2nd Prize winner will receive US$10,000
- 3rd Prize winner will receive US$5,000
Reward for the Open Competition
- 1st Prize winner will receive US$5,000
- 2nd Prize winner will receive US$3,000
- 3rd Prize winner will receive US$2,000
Syngenta Photography Awards Application form and Process
Person can participate in either Professional Commission or in Open Competition.
Guidelines for participating in Syngenta Photography Award 2016
Number of Photos to be uploaded: Photographs should be original and not more than 10 years old. Colour or black and white images can be uploaded
- Professional Commission: Applicants need to submit between 5-10 photographs that share a single title, have a common theme and work together as a whole along with personal details. >> Upload photos for professional commission
- Open Competition: Up to 3 individual images related to the theme Scarcity-Waste with information related to each photograph.>> Upload photos for open competition
- Specification of the Photograph to be uploaded
- Should be in .Jpeg format
- Be of at least 300 dpi
- Minimum size of 1200 x 2500 pixels
- Maximum file size of 5 MB
Description of the Photos: All the information submitted along with the photographs should be English.
- Biography of the Photos: (only in case of professional commission)
Applicants also need to prepare a biography in about 350 words including information regarding the place, time, situation and setting in which these photographs were taken.
- Description of Idea: (only in case of professional commission)
A description including the ideas regarding a commission project ( maximum 500 words) along with a detailed budget outline and evidence that the project can be carried out as per its description is also required to be prepared by the applicants.
- The applicants will retain the copyrights but, the photographs will be featured by The Syngenta Photography Award in related exhibitions and conferences.
- Entries through e-mail or on paper will not be accepted.
- All the information will remain confidential.
- After submission, the entries cannot be changed.
- A confirmation e-mail will be received by the applicants after successful submission.
NOTE: There is no Application Fee for submitting the photos for Syngenta Photography Award is free of cost
Syngenta Photography Awards Selection Process
- The panel of judges will select three winners from both the categories.
- The winners will be shortlisted on October 2016
- The winners will have their work showcased at an exhibition in March 2017
Syngenta Photography Awards Address
Syngenta, Schwarzwaldallee 215, 4058 Basel Switzerland
Syngenta Photography Awards Contact Details
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More