Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18
About Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18
- Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship is for highly qualified post graduate researchers from all academic fields and also for young Medical Doctors.
- The scholarship allows the selected candidates to spend an year in Switzerland undertaking research at any of the Universities, Federal Institutes of Technology, Teaching and Research Institutes and Universities of applied Sciences.
- The candidates selected for Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship will be exempted from Tuition Fee of the Institutions and will also get monthly allowance, Air Fare and other benefits.
- The duration of the scholarship is 12 months with no provision of further extension.
- There is no application fee to apply for the Scholarship and the application forms can be obtained from Swiss Embassy in New Delhi.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18
Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18 Eligibility Criteria
||Post-graduate Research Students
- Nationality: TheSwiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship is available for Indian citizens.
- Age: The candidate should be younger than 35 to make application for the scholarship.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate making application should have a Master’s or Equivalent Degree.
- Language: The candidate should possess the necessary language skills required as per their research and selected University/Institution.
Not Eligible for the Scholarship
- Students who are in Switzerland for more than one year are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants who have already been awarded with Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship are not eligible for making application second time.
Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18 Reward
The Scholarship is for a period of 12 months and there is no provision of extension to it. The candidates selected for the scholarship will be eligible for monthly allowance as well as other benefits. The details of the benefits are as follow:
- Monthly Allowance: The students selected for the Scholarship will get a monthly allowance of 1920 Swiss Francs (Approx. INR 1,30,000).
- Tuition Fee: The selected candidates will be exempted from Tuition Fee.
- Medical Insurance: The candidates will be covered by Swiss Health Insurance offered by Federal Commission for Scholarships.
- Air Fare: At the end of the scholarship a lump sum amount will be paid to the candidates to cover up their air fare expenses.
- Housing Allowance: Ahousing allowance of 300 Swiss Franc (Approx. 20,000 INR) will be given at the beginning of the academic program.
- Transport Card: The candidates will get 1 year half-fare public transportation card.
- Other benefits: The candidates will get access to Counseling and various trips, dinners and sigh-seeing tours organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18 Application form and Process
The candidates who are willing to go for application for the Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship can get the application package from Swiss Embassy, New Delhi. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Application Form: Theapplication form can be obtained by sending an email to Swiss Embassy, New Delhi.
- Required Documents: The application form should be accompanied by the below mentioned documents:
- Curriculum Vitae: The applicant should provide 2 CVs, one detailed and other short for the Academic Supervisor.
- Academic Documents: Attestedcopies of University Certificatesand Grade Sheets in English/German/French or Italian should be attached with the application form
- Attestation can be done by University or Government Officer.
- Recommendation Letters: 2 letters of recommendation from the professors from the same field as of applicants.
- The letters should be on the official reference form provided with the application package.
- Research Proposal: Applicantsshould submit a research proposal of maximum 5 pages using the official research proposal form provided with the application package.
- Letter of Motivation: The applicant should submit a letter of motivation having maximum 2 pages.
- Confirmation letter from Swiss Professor: Candidates should obtain and send a copy of confirmation from the Professor at the intended Swiss Institution that they are willing to supervise the proposed research.
- Health Certificate: Health Certificate issued by a competent authority on the official health certificate provided with the application package.
- Copies of Passport and Photographs: Each set of application should have 2 copies of the main page of passport and photograph.
Submission of the Application
- All original, signed documents and attested translations will be in SET 1 and the other 2 sets will be the photocopy of SET 1.
- 3 set of applications and the number of copies should be mentioned on the applications must be submitted to the following address:
Swiss Embassy in New Delhi
Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, 110021 New Delhi
Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18 Selection Process
Institutions Available: The candidates can opt for research in any of the following Institutions:
- University of Basel
- University of Bern
- University of Fribourg
- University of Geneva
- University of Lausanne
- University of Lucerne
- University of Neuchâtel
- University of St. Gallen
- University of Zurich
- University of Lugano
- Federal Institutes of Technology
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ)
- Research Institutes of the ETH Domain (PSI; WSL; EMPA; EAWAG)
- Teaching and Research Institutes
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID)
- Universities of applied Sciences
- University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
- Bern University of Applied Sciences
- University of Applied Sciences Northwest Switzerland
- University of applied Sciences Eastern Switzerland
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland
- The Zürcher Fachhochschule
- Selection Criteria: The selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- The Academic Profile of the candidate and his research capacities will be the prime selection criteria.
- The topic of the research project selected by the candidate, its originality, and methodological soundness will also be considered.
- The quality of supervision and the potential for future academic cooperation will also form the basis of selection.
Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18 Address
Swiss Embassy in New Delhi
Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi- 110021.
Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship 2017-18 Contact Details
Tel: +011 4995 9500