Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19
AAKASH Scholarship from Class 8 to 12 Apply Now
About Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship is a Scholarships for Girl students, who is the only child of her parents and want to pursue higher studies in the field of Social Sciences. Interested female candidates need to make online applications at the official website of University Grants Commission for Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship.
The applicant must have a post-graduate degree in the related field and should also be younger than 40 years. It is a UGC Scholarship under which, the candidates can pursue PhD in Social Science in any recognised University / Institution.
- Every year 300 scholarships are awarded under Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Result
The list of selected candidates for the award of fellowship for the year 2018-19 under the scheme of Swami Vivekanand Single Girl Child Fellowship for Research in Social Sciences
- Click Here for a list of Selected candidates for Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
Scholarship for Girls - Complete List
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| Female and Transgenders
|| All India
|| Post Graduate
Age: The applicant must not be older than 40 years.
- The upper age limit is 45 years in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC, PWD)
Academic Qualification: The applicant must have a Post graduate Degree in Social Science.
Single Child of the Family: The applicant must be a single child of her parents or twin daughters or fraternal daughter.
Not eligible for the Scholarship
- The candidates belonging to the family having a son and a daughter are not entitled to the scholarship.
- The applicant must pursue regular Full-Time Ph.D. in Social Science, courses being pursued under distance education are not covered under the scholarship.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship has the following benefits that will be provided to the candidates who will be selected for the Scholarship. The details of the same are as follow:
- Number of Awards: A total of 300 awards will be distributed under this UGC Scholarship.
- Amount of Scholarship: The amount of scholarship will be Rs.25,000 per month for the first two years and Rs.28,000 per month for the next two years
- Contingency: Rs. 10000 p.a. for initial 2 years and Rs, 20,500 p.a. for remaining tenure
- Escort Reader Assistance: Rs. 2,000 p.m. in case of PWD candidates
- Duration: The scholarship will be for a period of 5 years
- Leaves: The scholars will get leaves of 30 days excluding public holidays.
- Maternity Leaves: During the period of the scholarship candidate can avail maternity leave once.
- Hostel and Medical: No additional amount will be paid for hostel charges or medical charges.
Termination of UGC Scholarship
UGC may terminate scholarship of any candidate in case of the following:
- Misconduct of the awardees, if any, reported by the University/Institution.
- Unsatisfactory progress report.
- Candidates being found ineligible at a later date shall face the penal action and will also be liable to refund the entire scholarship amount paid.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Application form and Process
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Scholarship can only be made Online. The female candidates who want to apply for the scholarship need to make an online application using the UGC Scholarship portal. The details of the application process are as follow:
Click here to Apply Online
- Online Application: The interested female applicants need to submit an online application using UGC scholarship website. The link of the application form will be updated as soon it will be available.
- Application Form: The personal and academic information of the female candidate need to be uploaded in the required fields of the online application form.
- Documents Required: The following documents need to be submitted:
- Proof of being a single girl child: An affidavit on 50 Rs. Stamp Paper from parent/student duly attested by Gazetted Officer or First class Magistrate.
- Mark Sheets: Mark sheets of Undergraduate, as well as post-graduate courses, need to be submitted.
- Proof of Admission: the candidate needs to submit a proof of admission into a PhD course in a recognised institution covered under the UGC Act.
- Certificate: A certificate from the institution where the student has taken admission for her PhD course.
- No offline applications: The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no process for offline application.
Submission of Application
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post. However, the candidates can take a print-out copy of the duly filled in Application Form for future use.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection Process
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Scholarship Selection of Awards will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received for the award and as per the procedure of the commission.
- The selection will be done by the procedure of the commission. An Expert Committee formed by UGC will be responsible for the selection.
- Result: The result of the scholarship in the form of a list of selected candidates will be made available on the website.
- Award Letters: Award letters can also be downloaded by the selected candidates after logging into their account using the ID generated while making the application.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Contact Details
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarshi... Read More
13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition has been launched by the Samsung Engineering in association with the United Nations Environme... Read More
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More