SRFP 2018 – Summer Research Fellowship Program by JNCASR
SRFP 2018 (Summer Research Fellowship Program) is supported by Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) to offer summer fellowships for two months to the bright undergraduate and MSc students studying in India. Candidates can download the SRFP application form by 30 November 2017 whereas the completed application form has to be submitted on or before 8 December 2017. Selected candidates have to indicate their acceptance within 15 days or else the offer will stand cancelled and will go to the next person on the waiting list.
SRFP Research Areas
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
SRFP 2018 Dates
Last date for downloading application form
30 November 2017
Last date for receipt of completed application
8 December 2017
Date of Intimation of selected candidates
28 February 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of SRFP
SRFP Eligibility Criteria
|| No Age Limit
- Candidates must have completed their Class 10 & 12 examinations or equivalent with the minimum score of 80% and those who completed their graduation and post-graduation with the minimum division of First Class are eligible.
- Candidates who are studying in 1st and 2nd year of B.Sc., 1st, 2nd & 3rd year of B.S., 1st, 2nd & 3rd year of B.E./ B.Tech, 1st year of M.Sc., and 1st-3rd year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences.
- Those candidates who are studying in 2nd and 3rd year of B.Sc., 2nd, 3rd & 4th year of B.S., 2nd, 3rd & 4th year of B.E./ B.Tech, 1st year of M.Sc., and 1st-3rd year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics.
- Candidate presently 4th year of BS-MS, 1st year of M.Sc. and 4th year of Int. M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
The students are also offered a reward to the candidates get selected for the Summer Research Fellowship Programme. The students selected under this programme will be placed with a scientist. They will be provided with the following as per the centre's norms
- Stipend of Rs.6000 per month for 2 continuous months
- Travel Support
- SRFP Certificate
SRFP Application form and Process
Candidates have to fill the application form to apply for SRFP (Summer Research Fellowship Program). The application process for the SRFP has been started and the candidates willing to apply for this programme have to fill the form on or before the due date. The last date of downloading the form is 30 November 2017 whereas, the deadline to submit the form to the Centre's office is 8 December 2017.
Click here to Download Application Form
The candidates who have already applied and completed this programmer earlier are not needed to apply. While filling the application form, the candidates have to mention "Area of Research" on the left-hand top corner of the mailing envelope.
Submission of Application Form
The candidates have to fill the downloaded application form by mentioning the correct details in each section. Candidates have to send the filled application form with the required attested documents at the following address before 8 December 2017.
The Academic Coordinator
Fellowships and Extension Programmes
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore – 560 064.
Please ensure that your completed application includes:
- Two confidential reports sealed by the referee and with the referees’ signatures across the seals.
- Attested Xerox copies of relevant mark sheets etc.
SRFP Selection Process
- Selected candidates have to indicate their acceptance within 15 days or else the offer will stand cancelled and will go to the next person on the waiting list.
- If the candidate accepts the offer initially and then fails to join the programme, he/she is denying the waitlisted candidate an opportunity to avail the fellowship.
- The candidate cannot accept more than one offer at the same time.
- Selected candidates will undertake to work at the institution they are placed for a minimum uninterrupted period of 2 months.
- SRFP Certificates will be issued only to candidates who complete a mandatory training period of 2 months.
SRFP Contact Details
The Academic Coordinator,
Fellowships and Extension Programmes
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research,
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064
Phone: 080 - 22082900
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More
UNU-ISP scholarship is for admission into Master of Science and PhD in Sustainability Science Programme at Tokyo.UNU is an international academic inst... Read More