Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition 2018
About Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition
Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition 2018 is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University for students of recognised colleges/universities. The aim of the Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition is to spread modern scientific education. This competition is held every year and the medium of competition is English only. There is no entry fee for the Essay Writing Competition and the participant has to send the essay in both the hard and soft copy.
Essay Topic: "Importance of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan's Thoughts on Tolerance and Peaceful Coexistence in Today’s World"
For this year a new topic will be announced
Sir Syed Essay Competition Important Dates 2018
|Last date to submit the essay
||29 September 2018
|Prize Distribution Ceremony
||17 October 2018
Sir Syed Essay Competition Prize Amount
There are three cash prizes namely
- State level toppers of aforesaid competition will be given a sum of Rs. 5,000
- The participants’ state will be determined on the basis of their institution’s address.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Eligibility Criteria
||College & University Students
- Students from any recognized college/university/institutions can participate in the competition.
Not Eligible to participate
Students of Class 12 are not eligible to participate
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Application form and Process
The topic of the Essay: "Tolerance and Peaceful Coexistence in Today’s World"
Specifications of the Essay
- The essay should be submitted on A4 size paper in double space typed on one side
- The essays can be written in English.
- Word Limit: 3000 Words
- The essay should be free from plagiarism.
- Make sure that it is not already published in any book, magazine, newspaper and internet.
Email Submission of Essay
- Bonafide Certificate: Along with their entries, participants should also send in their bonafide certificate from the institutions recognizing that they are students of that institution.
- Contact Details on a separate sheet: Candidates also have to send the correspondence address including contact number and E-mail ID on a separate sheet attached along with the essay.
- Photograph: Candidates also have to send a photograph of along with the essay at the following address.
- Soft copy of the Essay along with scanned passport size should be sent to email@example.com
- Each participant can submit only one essay entry.
Submission of Essay by Post
The duly written essay has to be submitted via registered / Speed post to the following address latest by the last date:
Public Relations Officer,
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Selection Process
The selection of the students will be done on the basis of their performance in the Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition. The students have to obtain minimum 40 marks out of 100 to pass the competition. The winners of the competition will be selected by the panel of judges which are appointed by the Aligarh Muslim University. The decision of the University with regard to the prizes will be final.
The essays will be judged on the following criteria
- Analysis/ Interpretation
- Writing Skills
Sir Syed Ahmed Essay Writing Prize Distribution Ceremony
Prize Distribution Ceremony: The prizes shall be presented on the occasion of Sir Syed Day celebration on 17 October 2018 by the Chief Guest.
Other Benefits of attending the Prize Distribution Ceremony
- The first, second and third prize winners will be given both ways AC-II class railway fare to attend the prize distribution ceremony.
- State level toppers will be given second class sleeper fare.
- All prize winners shall be provided boarding and lodging in the University along with one relative.
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Contact Details
Aligarh Muslim University,
Phone: (0571) 2704182, +9184390 23992
Dr. Rahat Abrar (Public Relations Officer)
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More