Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships 2015 at University of Waikato, New Zealand
About Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships
- Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship for 2016 will be offered by University of Waikato, New Zealand to provide support for students who excel in either a chosen sporting code or a creative and performing art to achieve a high academic standard in a programme of study.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or completely taught postgraduate level studies at University of Waikato in New Zealand.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for studying any of the courses under the above given course level offered by the University of Waikato.
- Scholarship Provider: University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Scholarship can be taken at: New Zealand
- Number of award: The University determines the maximum number of scholarships available annually.
- Duration of award: The Scholarship is awarded initially for one year.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
||Candidates who excel in either a chosen sporting code or a creative and performing art
- The Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship is open to both New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and international students.
- Candidates who have not previously been enrolled at the University of Waikato or any other tertiary institution must, by 26 February 2016, have:
- achieved University Entrance AND admission to their programme of study
- achieved by other means, such as the Cambridge International Examinations or the International Baccalaureate examination, a standard of academic achievement deemed by the University to be equivalent
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Reward
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Reward
The Scholarship will cover the costs of domestic tuition fees and associated charges.
Scholarship amount will be paid directly to the student’s fees account with the University at the time of enrolment.
Living allowance: For International Student the Scholarship will cover the equivalent of the recipient’s tuition fees at domestic rates.
- Full or partial access to relevant University and/or community services and facilities.
- Subsidised participation in particular development or training opportunities.
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Application form and Process
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Application Procedure
Candidates have to fill in the Application Form available at the official website before the due date.
Enclosures to be sent to the Registered Office
- A curriculum vitae
- Personal statement that briefly presents the following: -
- best performance to date and why
- future aspirations for creative or sporting endeavors
- leadership & community involvement
- A reference from an agency relevant to the sporting code, performing art or creative art concerned, attesting to the applicant’s abilities in that sport or art, potential to further excel, and leadership qualities
- a second reference as follows:
- applicants currently enrolled in secondary school
- all other applicants must attach a reference a
- where relevant, copies of creative works or recordings of performances
- an up-to-date copy of their NZQA Record of Achievement or Academic Transcript
Important Points regarding the Enclosures
- Do not send originals as documents will not be returned.
- All documents should be A4 in size, smaller documents should be copied on to A4 paper.
- Attachments should consist of loose pages clipped in one corner by a paper clip
- Colour printing is unnecessary as all applications will be scanned in black and white
Submission of the Documents
Candidates have to send the above mentioned documents as per the specifications to the below mentioned address by September 18, 2015
The Scholarships Office
The University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Selection Process
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Selection Procedure
The candidates will be selected by a Selection Panel chaired by the Head of Student and Academic Services and up to six other members will be appointed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the Head of Student and Academic Services and the Chair of the Scholarships Committee.
The basis on which the candidates will be selected
- Academic achievement
- Significant achievement to date and potential to further excel in either
- A sporting code
- A performing or creative art
- Leadership qualities
- Candidate’s willingness and ability to fully participate in, and contribute to, the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme
Consideration of applications will also be subject to an assessment of:
- The alignment of the sport or performing or creative art concerned to the University’s Vision and to the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme’s Purpose
- The University’s capability, in conjunction with relevant local agencies, to provide access to facilities and developmental support appropriate to the sport or performing or creative art.
How the candidates will be informed?
Successful applicants will be intimated of the offer of a Scholarship in writing and they have to revert back to the University’s Scholarships Office of their acceptance of the offer by the prescribed date.
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Address
University of Waikato Hamilton, New Zealand
Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships Contact Details
INMO 2019 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Nikon Photo Contest is conducted by Nikon Corporation International every year since 1969 to offer a chance to the photographers worldwide to communic... Read More
Lok Sabha Research Fellowship 2019 is a two-year program conducted by Lok Sabha Secretariat, Parliament of India. The Lok Sabha Secretariat will grant... Read More
On the Spot essay competition is organised by The Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) on the subjects related to statis... Read More