Short Film Contest by Ministry of Panchayati Raj 2016
About Short Film Contest
Short Film Contest on the success stories of Panchayat(s) is organised by Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MOPR), Government of India. Ministry of Panchayati Raj is inviting nominations from citizens for short-films of 90 seconds to 180 seconds.
- Through this contest, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MOPR) aims at recognising the creative efforts towards presenting the best practices in Panchayats.
- The contest is open to all the Indian citizen of any age group. The Short Film can be submitted in English, Hindi and any other language on or before September 30, 2016.
- There is no bar on the number of films sent by an individual for competing in the Contest for the Best Short film on Success Story of Panchayat Award.
- There will be five awards for the best films selected. The first prize will get an award of Rs. 7.50 Lakh.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Short Film Contest
Short Film Contest Eligibility Criteria
|| Open to All
Any Indian Citizen can participate in the short film festival
Short Film Contest Reward
Short Film Contest by Ministry of Panchayati Raj will select 5 best films and award them the following prize:
Rs 7.50 Lakh
Rs 5 Lakh
3 prizes for 3rd position
Rs 2.50 Lakh Each
Lodging & Boarding for Short Film Contest Winners
- The Ministry will invite only the applicants (not more than two persons) of award-winning films to receive the awards in New Delhi at a date to be conveyed in due course of time
- The Ministry will arrange for their stay (only two persons) in New Delhi. It will also reimburse to and fro Train (2nd AC) (only two persons), by the shortest route. The Ministry will reimburse local taxi fare.
- For reimbursement, production of receipts towards payment for the train tickets and local taxi fare will be required. However, the applicants will be free to make their own arrangements for stay in Delhi, as per their convenience.
Short Film Contest Application form and Process
Short Film Contest by Panchayati Raj can application process can be filled offline by downloading the application form, from the official website that is www.panchayat.gov.in.
The candidates will have to furnish the following information about the film and the filmmaker while filling the Short Film contest application form:
- Give the Title of the Film.
- Details of the Panchayat: Here the candidate has to mention the details of Gram Panchayat/ Block/ Intermediate Panchayat/ District Panchayat related to his/her success story.
- Duration of the film.
- Give a 75 word Synopsis describing the film.
- Language: Here the candidates have to specify the language of the film. For instance English, Hindi and any other language.
- Year of Production.
- Specify whether the film is in SD or HD format.
- Specify whether the film is submitted in DVD or USB Drive
- The candidate has to mention his/her role. Specify whether he/she is Director/Producer/Social Worker/Panchayat Representative/Media Person or Others.
- Name, Address, Email and Mobile Number of the applicant.
- Applicants Profile.
- Additional Information, if any.
- Applicants Signature.
Important Instructions for the Short Film Contest
- The theme of the Film: Inspirational success story of Panchayats highlighting the unique initiatives undertaken by the Panchayats or best practices followed in order to improve the quality of life of the villagers including socio-economic upliftment.
- Title & Credits: Each short film should portray its title and credits, including the names of the producer, writer, and director, etc.
- Each Short film should be sent with a brief theme and synopsis of the film in writing, not more than 100 words in English, Hindi or any Regional Language.
- Duration of the Film: 90-180 seconds
- Film Format: The Short Films may be shot in any technical format or camera set-up or in animation.
Submission of the Short Film Application Form
The duly filled in Application Form along with the required documents along with the DVD of the Film which should be carefully packed and candidates must clearly mention "Entry Best Short film on Success Story of Panchayat Award contest" to avoid scratches and its theme and synopsis kept inside an envelope should be sent by post or in hand to the following address on or before September 30, 2016:
Deputy Secretary (Media),
Room No. 127, First Floor,
Sardar Patel Bhawan, Parliament Street,
Short Film Contest Selection Process
A Jury will be organised by the Ministry for the purpose to select the winners. After receiving all the Short film from the participants along with the Application Form, the Jury will scrutinise the 5 best film.
The Result of Short Film will be uploaded on the Notice Board of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj that is www.panchayat.gov.in
The Ministry will give the award money through Bankers cheque/Demand Draft only in the name of the applicant. The award money cheque may be issued in the name of a company or a production house only if it is stated to be so by the applicant in his application form.
Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Program (SBSIP) has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) along with the Ministry of... Read More
SHDF Scholarship 2018 is given by Sikh Human Development Foundation, USA (SHDF) and Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi. Also known as S... Read More
UNESCO International Essay Contest for Young People is conducted by UNESCO along with Goi Peace Foundation. UNESCO which was started 72 years ago to b... Read More
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide an opportunity to pursue master’s degree at selected US colleges and universities.The Fel... Read More