Scholarship to Young Artists - Ministry of Culture
About Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture
Scholarship to Young Artist Scheme offered by the Ministry of Culture for Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields like Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Theatre, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music to support advanced training within India to young artists of outstanding promise. Scholarship to Young Artist scheme Application form invited for 2 consecutive years that is 2016-17 and 2017-18.
Total Number of Scholarships: 400 Scholarships are available for each year.
Subjects in which scholarship can be awarded:
- Indian Classical Music
- Classical Hindustani Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
- Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal & Instrumental etc.)
- Indian Classical Dance/ Dance Music
- Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/ Music, Thangta, Gaudiya Nritya, Chhau Dance/ Music, Sattriya dance.
- Any specialized aspect of theatre art, including acting, direction, etc., but excluding playwriting and research. Mime.
- Visual Arts- Minimum Qualification is B.A Fine Arts except for Sculpture
- Creative Photography
- Pottery & Ceramics, etc.
- Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts
- Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs, Folk Music, etc
- Light Classical Music
- (a) Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal
- (b) Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc.
- (c) Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Eligibility Criteria
||18 to 25 years (as on 1 April 2017)
- Nationality: Candidates should be Indian Nationals
- Education: Candidates should have an adequate general education to pursue their training effectively.
- The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent.
- Candidates must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively.
- Not for beginners: Scholarships is meant for advanced training and not for beginners, candidates so a candidate must have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institute.
- Submit a certificate: The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application;
- Candidates should have an adequate knowledge in the connected arts/ disciplines.
- Candidate Who Has Already Availed Scholarship In Any Field Under This Scheme Can Not Apply Again
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Reward
- Each scholar will be paid Rs. 5000 per month for a period of two years.
- The scholarship will be given to cover his/ her
- Living expenses
- Art material or other equipment
- Tuition or training charges, if any for the training.
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Application form and Process
The candidate has to apply online for the Scholarship for Advanced Training. There is no offline application process for the Scholarship to Young Artist.
Documents to be submitted along with the Application Form
- One self-attested copy of degrees, diplomas and certificates, etc. if any, in support of statement made regarding educational qualifications, experiences, etc. in the application.
- Class 10 or equivalent Certificate: One attested copy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate, if any, or other satisfactory evidence of age (other than horoscope)
- Photograph: Recent Passport type photograph.
- Candidates applying for scholarships in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to send attested copies of photographs of the original works.
- Certificate from the present Guru / Institute: As the scholarships are awarded for advanced training, the candidates should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Gurus/Institutes. The certificates to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/ Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application.
Download the Format for Guru/ Institution Certificate
For any future correspondence, the candidates have to give the following particulars:
- Name of the Scheme.
- Name of the candidate in capital letters.
- Subject/field of training.
- Registration Number
Documents to be submitted at the time of Interview
After the online application process, an interview will be set up with the candidate in which the candidate has to submit the following documents-
- A copy of the online application form, with candidate’s photo and signature at the specified space.
- An attested copy of birth certificate (School leaving certificate, etc).
- Certificate from the present Guru / Institute
- Bank account details of the applicant, duly attested by the Branch Manager of the Bank. in the format given.
- In case of Visual Arts, Six photographs (Postcard size) of your recent works should be submitted.
- In case of BFA, An attested copy of the Degree of BFA or equivalent is to be submitted in case of Visual Arts.
- In Sculpture no minimum qualification is prescribed.
Original Certificate/testimonials stated at 2,3 & 6 above are to be produced at the time of interview.
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Selection Process
- The selection would entirely be based on merit.
- Interview: Candidates selected as a result of preliminary selection will be called for an interview.
- The result would be communicated to the selected candidates after final selection.
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Contact Details
Section officer (S&F Section), Room No. 211, 2nd Floor,
Puratatva Bhawan, D Block, GPO Complex, INA,
Unified International English Olympiad (UIEO): The registration process has started and the candidates can apply for the Unif... Read More
BEE National Painting Competition 2018 for school children is conducted by Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched the Na... Read More
9th National Painting Competition on Water Conservation aims at making the children aware of the need for conserving this precious resource ... Read More
KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme is implemented under the STARS - Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Science programme of&... Read More