Scholarship to Young Artists - Ministry of Culture
Scholarships for Class 8 to 12 by AAKASH Apply Now
About Scholarship to Young Artists (CTSS)
Scholarship to Young Artist Scheme offered by the Ministry of Culture for Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields like Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Theatre, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music to support advanced training within India to young artists of outstanding promise. Scholarship to Young Artist scheme Application form invited for the year 2019-20
CTSSS is Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme and is commonly known as Ministry of Culture's Scheme for Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields
CTSS Scholarship Dates 2019
|CTS Scholarship Online Application Opens
||6 November 2019
|Last date to apply for the CTS Scholarship
||5 December 2019
Total Number of Scholarships: 400 Scholarships are available for each year.
Subjects in which scholarship can be awarded
- Indian Classical Music
- Classical Hindustani Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
- Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal & Instrumental etc.)
- Indian Classical Dance/ Dance Music
- Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/ Music, Thangta, Gaudiya Nritya, Chhau Dance/ Music, Sattriya dance.
- Any specialized aspect of theatre art, including acting, direction, etc., but excluding playwriting and research. Mime.
- Visual Arts- Minimum Qualification is B.A Fine Arts except for Sculpture
- Creative Photography
- Pottery & Ceramics, etc.
- Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts
- Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs, Folk Music, etc
- Light Classical Music
- (a) Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal
- (b) Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc.
- (c) Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad
CTS Scholarship Amount
- 400 scholarships will we awarded
- Each scholar will be paid Rs. 5000 per month for a period of two years.
- The scholarship will be given to cover his/ her
- Living expenses
- Art material or other equipment
- Tuition or training charges, if any for the training.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Scholarship to Young Artists (CTSS)
Scholarship to Young Artists (CTSS) Eligibility Criteria
||18 to 25 years (as on 1 April 2019)
- Nationality: Candidates should be Indian Nationals
- Education: Candidates should have an adequate general education to pursue their training effectively.
- The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent.
- Candidates must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively.
- Not for beginners: Scholarships is meant for advanced training and not for beginners, candidates so a candidate must have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institute.
- Submit a certificate: The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application;
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge in the connected arts/ disciplines.
- A candidate who has already availed scholarship in any field under this scheme can not apply again
Scholarship to Young Artists (CTSS) Application form and Process
The candidate has to apply online for the Scholarship for Advanced Training. There is no offline application process for the Scholarship to Young Artist.
Click Here to Apply Online
Documents to be submitted at the time of filling the application form
- Photograph: Recent Passport type photograph.
- Date of Birth Certificate in pdf
- Certificate from the present Guru / Institute: As the scholarships are awarded for advanced training, the candidates should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Gurus/Institutes. The certificates to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/ Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application.
Download the Format for Guru/ Institution Certificate
For any future correspondence, the candidates have to give the following particulars:
- Name of the Scheme.
- Name of the candidate in capital letters.
- Subject/field of training.
- Registration Number
Documents to be submitted at the time of Interview
After the online application process, an interview will be set up with the candidate in which the candidate has to submit the following documents-
- A copy of the online application form, with the candidate’s photo and signature at the specified space.
- An attested copy of the certificate (School leaving certificate, etc).
- Certificate from the present Guru / Institute - The certificates to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/ Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application. Any correction/cutting/overwriting in the Certificate of Guru/Institute will make the applicant ineligible for Scholarship.
- In the case of candidates applying for a scholarship in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to come with self-attested copies of photograph of the Original works
- Bank account details of the applicant, duly attested by the Branch Manager of the Bank. in the format given.
- In the of Visual Arts, Six photographs (Postcard size) of your recent works should be submitted.
- In the case of BFA, An attested copy of the Degree of BFA or equivalent is to be submitted in case of Visual Arts.
- In Sculpture no minimum qualification is prescribed.
- One self-attested copy of degrees, diplomas and certificates, etc. if any, in support of statement made regarding educational qualifications, experiences, etc. in the application.
- Class 10 or equivalent Certificate: One self-attested copy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate, if any, or other satisfactory evidence of age (other than horoscope)
Original Certificate/testimonials stated at 2,3 & 7 above are to be produced at the time of interview.
CTSS Scholarship Result
- Interview: Candidates selected as a result of the preliminary selection will be called for an interview. The candidates who are selected for the interview will be informed via email.
- The final selection would entirely be based on merit.
- The result would be communicated to the selected candidates after the final selection.
Scholarship to Young Artists (CTSS) Contact Details
Section officer (S&F Section), Room No. 211, 2nd Floor,
Puratatva Bhawan, D Block, GPO Complex, INA,
Ministry of Culture
Phone: 011- 23388601
Section Officer, S&F Section
Phone: 011- 011-24642157
OASIS Scholarship 2021 registration process has started. The candidates can apply online through this page. OASIS Scholarship is the scholar... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Aakash Coaching Institute has come up with Aakash iACST which offers instant scholarship to the students who appear in the online test and also clear ... Read More
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. ... Read More