SBI Youth for India Fellowship Programme 2019
AAKASH NEET Repeater Batch Starting Apply Now
About SBI Youth for India
SBI Youth for India Fellowship Programme is an initiative of State Bank of India in collaboration with reputed NGOs with a vision for the betterment of the rural residents. SBI Youth for India programme was started with a motive by the Organization to Help and Uplift the Rural poor by providing brilliant young minds working as a catalyst for the growth of the rural lives. It was launched on 1 March 2011.
- Many professionals from reputed companies have taken this break from their jobs to work closely with the poor and bring a difference in their lives. These professional have also got enriched experience and deeper understanding of problems at Grassroots.
- Corporates such as the Tata Group, MindTree & Cap Gemini gave their employees a sabbatical to join the SBI Youth for India fellowship.
- SBI Youth for India fellowship received 6250 applicants for the year 2014.
- The first batch had 27 fellows, in 2014 there were 51 fellows and 5th batch had 76 fellows.
SBI Youth for India Fellowship Dates
|Application for SBI Youth for India Fellowship starts on
Application for SBI Youth for India Fellowship ends on
15 May 2019
Shortlisted candidates for PI will be intimated
by 25 May 2019
Candidates join August 2019-20 cohort
Candidates join October 2019-20 cohort
SBI Youth for India Fellowship Programme Details
- The Programme will provide the candidate with an opportunity to work at the grass root levels in Rural India
- Duration: The Project is 13 months long and will be conducted in two batches- August & October
- The programme will consist of classroom sessions to guide the candidates and will include a set of topics.
- The candidate would be given a Project based on their Interest/ Skill Sets and the requirement of the partner NGO. The projects are not restricted to any specific area.
- Fellows can design a feasible project as per their own liking. At least two fellows will be located at one project location.
- Locations: The projects will be located in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- The Candidate would be required to stay near the Project Site in Rural Location and NGO staff would help in the accommodation.
- Guidance: A Mentor would be provided to every candidate and will guide them in overcoming the challenges at work.
- At the end of the programme, the candidate will have to submit a report regarding their work and achievements. The candidate will gain hands-on experience in rural markets, its linkages and an insight into the mind of the rural consumer and what comprises the 'bottom of the pyramid.
||Orientation & Training
||Location Familiarisation and Project Formulation
||Project Implementation, Periodic Monitoring, Review Workshops
||Documentation of Project Work
Partner NGOs of SBI Youth for India Fellowship
- Barefoot College
- BAIF Development Research Foundation
- Seva Mandir
- Gram Vikas
- Dhan Foundation
- Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India)
What are the Opportunities after completing the SBI Fellowship
- If the candidate desires then they can continue working with the organisation after the completion of course.
- They can join any other NGO
- Can work with Organisation working in Public policy, planning, research & advocacy
- Become Social Entrepreneur
- Pursue Further Studies or opt for fellowships like the Prime Minister's Rural Development Fellows Scheme.
- Enter Mainstream with valuable insights of Rural Markets & Rural Consumers helps in developing Products & Services Suitable for the Rural Market.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of SBI Youth for India
SBI Youth for India Eligibility Criteria
SBI Youth for India Application form and Process
The candidates who are willing to apply for the SBI Youth for India Fellowship using the official website of the programme. The candidates first have to register themselves and create an account, and after logging in, they have to fill the Online Application Form. The candidates are advised to fill the application form on or before 15 May 2019.
Click Here to Apply Online (Closed)
The Online Application has to be filled in one go and cannot be saved to edit later on. Once the Application Form is submitted for SBI Youth for India Fellowship, then the amendments cannot be made. The candidates also need to know that the application form should be filled within the seven days of registration otherwise, the form will be rejected or suspended.
What Does SBI Youth for India Application form consist of?
The below information states the candidates to how to fill the application form and what should be filled while filing the application form. The candidates are advised to go through the information given below.
- Personal Information
- Education & Personal Background Information.
- Employment Status for candidates who are employed
- Two References from professional, academic, extra-curricular or volunteer capacity
- Write about the future plans- 100 words max
- A situation-based question to be answered- 500 words max
- Answer in 500 words max on How do you think you will benefit the programme,
- Which of your strengths/skills could be used in rural development projects? - Max 500 words.
Submission of the Application Form
Candidates are advised to check the details of the application form and then make the final submission as the candidates need to know that once the application gets submitted, the candidates will not be able to change the details of the application form.
After the successful submission of the application form, the candidates are also advised to keep at least two printouts of the application form with them for future reference. The application form should be submitted online only.
SBI Youth For Fellowship Stipend
- Living Allowances: The candidates will be provided by Rs.15,000 per month adequate for the living expenses
- Local Travel Allowances: The fellows will get Rs.1,000 to cover their monthly travel expenses.
- Travel expenses: The cost of return 3 AC fare to and fro from the fellow’s location to the project location along with the expenses of the training programme.
- Medical Insurance: The fellow will be covered by Medical claim policy.
- Readjustment allowance: The fellow will get a readjustment allowance of Rs 40,000 upon successful completion of the fellowship
- Other supports:
- The Local NGO staff will assist the fellow in finding safe accommodation during the stay.
- Medical attention will also be arranged by local NGO staff when required.
SBI Youth for India Selection Process
- Students will be shortlisted based on the application during the application period itself on an ongoing basis.
- The Shortlisted candidates would have close interactions through an online platform so that the organisers are better acquainted with the candidate.
- 100 candidates will be selected based on the Application Forms and Personal Interview to participate in the programme in two batches.
FAQs for the SBI Fellowship Program
Is there any time limit for filling the SBI Youth for India Application form?
Yes, the application form should be filled within 7 days of registration, else the form will be suspended. Also while answering the essay question the candidates have 50 minutes on hand to answer all the three essay writing questions.
Can the application be filled offline?
There is an only online application for the SBi Youth for India fellowship program.
I am not from India but is still interested in applying to the fellowship program. Can I opt for Virtual Interview
In this case, candidates should write to email@example.com
SBI Youth for India Contact Details
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More