Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship 2017 for Study in Japan
About Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship 2017 is for those students who are willing to go for Studying in Japan for Undergraduate, Postgraduate or at Doctoral studies. Rotary Yoneyama is a private scholarship foundation.Applicants should have chosen or applied for a university/graduate school in Japan before applying for this scholarship. The language of the application can be English or Japanese.
Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation offers 14 scholarships to students who come to Japan for their studies.The scholarship is not a fully funded scholarship; applicants have to bear the cost of entrance fee and tuition fee.
The scholars selected for the scholarship will be awarded a monthly stipend of 100,000 Japanese Yen (Approx. INR 50,000) or 140,000 Japanese Yen (Approx. INR 75,000) as per the course they are undertaking.The applications for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship 2017 will be accepted via email.The application form and other necessary documents can be downloaded from the official website of Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation.
The scholars have to communicate in Japanese after arriving in Japan. It is compulsory for the scholars to learn Japanese.
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate or Doctoral Level
- Number of Awards: 14
- Country of Study: Japan
Duration of Scholarship
For April 2018 enrollment
- Undergraduates: Two years from April 2018 through March 2020
- Graduate students: Two years from April 2018 through March 2020
For October (September) 2018 enrollment
- Undergraduates: Two years from October (September) 2018 through September (August) 2020
- Graduate students: Two years from October (September) 2018 through September (August) 2020
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship Important Dates
|Last Date for Submission of Application
||16 October 2017
Deadline for submitting Letter of Acceptance /
Pre-arrival Admission Approval Certificate for April Enrollment
|End of January 2018
|Notification of Result
||End Of February 2018
|Deadline for submitting Letter of Acceptance /
Pre-arrival Admission Approval Certificate for September Enrollment
|End of June 2018
|Scholarship payment Begins
|Scholarship payment Begins for Fall Admissions
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Bachelor, Masters & Doctoral Students
- Nationality: The application for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship can be made by any student willing to study in Japan and have already initiated the admission process.
- Age: The age of the candidate needs to be less than 39 years.
- Academic Qualification: The applicants who are willing to study in Japan should have academic qualification as per the course which they are willing to pursue in Japan.
- Language requirements: The applicant should be capable of communicating in Japanese and the details related to the language requirements are mentioned in coming sections.
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship Reward
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship 2018 is not a fully funded scholarship; the expenses of entrance fee and tuition are to be paid by the candidate. The details of the scholarship are as follows
- Number of Scholarship: The scholarship will be offered to 14 applicants.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The scholarship is offered for a period of 2 years.
- Amount of Scholarship: The scholarship amount depends on the level of the course undertaken by the candidate. The details of scholarship amount offered per month are:
- For Undergraduate Students: 100,000 Japanese Yen (Approx. INR 50,000)
- For Postgraduate Students: 140,000 Japanese Yen (Approx. INR 75,000)
- For Doctoral Students: 140,000 Japanese Yen (Approx. INR 75,000)
- Supplementary allowance: Upon the first-time arrival in Japan selected candidates will get a supplementary allowance of 400000 Yen (Approx. INR 2 Lakh).
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship Application form and Process
The candidates who are interested in making application for the scholarship should download the required documents and complete the application process. The details of the application process are:
- Application Form: The application form of the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship along with other required documents is available on the website.
Download Application Form
- Documents: In order to complete the application form, candidates should attach the following documents along with the application form:
- Completely filled Application Form
- Copy of School Application
- Research Plan
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Copy of Letter of Acceptance, Letter of Success, Pre-arrival Admission Approval Certificate
- Document certifying Japanese language proficiency. The details of the Japanese language requirements are as follow:
The area accepting the application
The requirements for the level of Japanese language ability
East Hokkaido (Asahikawa, Obihiro, Kitami, Kushiro, Abashiri, Nayoro, Wakkanai) Toyama, Ishikawa, Kanagawa Pref. except for Yokohama and Kawasaki city, Osaka,
Not evaluate the Japanese ability in the application-screening process
The ability to understand some basic Japanese. *JLPT level: N5
Iwate, Miyagi, Aomori, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi
The ability to understand basic Japanese. *JLPT level: N4
Ibaraki, Tokyo, Chiba, Aichi
The ability to understand Japanese used in everyday situations to a certain degree. *JLPT level: N3
Saitama Yokohama and Kawasaki City in Kanagawa Pref.
The ability to understand Japanese used in everyday situations, and in a variety of circumstances to a certain degree. *JLPT level: N2
Submission of the Application Form
All the applications should be submitted to the given email id before the last date to make application for the scholarship and the application number will be provided as a reply to the submission mail
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship Selection Process
- The selection of the candidate for the scholarship will be done on the basis of the documents submitted by them.
- The result of the selected candidates will be declared in early February 2017.
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship Contact Details
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behaviour on national and global population issues and... Read More
Charpak Research Internship Program 2019 is conducted by the French Embassy in India in salutation to the Nobel Prize-winning physicist Georges C... Read More
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More