Rotary Peace Fellowship 2019-20
About Rotary Peace Fellowship
Rotary Peace Fellowship 2019-20 is for those individuals who are working in the field of international relations, peace, and conflict resolution. The Rotary Foundation invites applications from fellows who are willing to pursue Masters or Certificate programs at various Rotary Peace Centers located in various countries around the world. There are total 100 awards available, out of which 50 slots are for Master’s degree, and 50 slots are for the certificate course. The interested candidates who are willing to avail Rotary Peace Fellowship need to make an offline application to their Rotary districts. Rotary clubs can help the interested candidates in connecting to the Rotary district. Under The Rotary Peace Fellowship, the following two programs are offered, and candidates can apply for any one of them:
- Master’s Degree: Duration of the program is 15-25 months depending on the institution.
- Professional Development Certificate: Duration of the certificate program is three months.
Rotary Peace Fellowship 2019 Dates
|Rotary Peace Fellowship Application Begin
|Last Date of Application Submission for Rotary District
||31 May 2018
|Last Date to submit endorsement decisions online to
The Rotary Foundation
|1 July 2018
|Last Date to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or GRE Exam Result
||1 September 2018
|Announcement of Result
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Rotary Peace Fellowship
Rotary Peace Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Age: There is no restriction on the age of the applicant.
- Academic Qualification
- For Certificate: A strong academic background is required.
- For Master’s: A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Work Experience
- For Certificate: 5-year relevant work experience in a mid to upper-level position.
- For Master’s: 3 years of paid or unpaid full-time work experience.
- Language: The applicant must be fluent in English.
- Examination Score:
- For certificate: No GRE, IELTS or TOEFL scores are required.
- For Master's: GRE Score is required only for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill while the requirement of IELTS and TOEFL score depends upon the Rotary Peace centre being preferred for the study.
Not eligible for the fellowship
- Active or honorary Rotary members.
- Employee and close or blood relatives of Rotary Club, Rotary District, Rotary International or any other Rotary related organization.
- Rotary members earlier related to The Rotary Club.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Reward
- The benefit of Fellowship: The Rotary Peace Fellowship offers a fully paid fellowship for the entire duration of the academic program selected.
- Number of Scholarships: Total 100 fellowships are available, out of which 50 slots are there for Master’s Program and 50 slots are there for Certificate Program.
- Duration of Fellowship: The duration of the fellowship depends upon the selected program.
- For Certificate: The certificate course is of 3 months and is offered twice a year i.e. in January-April and June-August.
- For Master’s: The duration is of Master’s Program depends upon the University under which it is being undertaken. Generally, the duration of the program is between 15-24 months.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Application form and Process
Those candidates who are willing to make applications for The Rotary Peace Fellowship 2019-20 need to get in touch with their local Rotary Clubs. Candidates who are willing to avail Rotary Peace Fellowship need to make an offline application to their Rotary districts. The Application form and other related documents are required to be submitted at the Rotary District. The details of the application process are given below. Candidates can click on the following link to search their nearest local Rotary Clubs.
Click Here to Search Nearest Rotary Club
- Direct applications: Candidates are not allowed to make direct application to Rotary Peace Centers or The Rotary Foundation. The applications need to be made through the Rotary District, preferably with the endorsement from the local rotary club.
- The language of Application: All the applications should be made only in The English language.
- Documents Required: The candidates are required to make an application for the fellowship along with the following documents:
- Application Form
- Resume or CV
- Undergraduate Transcript
- GRE Scores (Only for Duke-UNC)
- Written Essay
- 2 Recommendations with signatures
- TOEFL or IELTS Score
- Applicant’s certification signed and dated.
The topic of Essays: While making the application, candidates have to submit 500-word essays on the given general topics along with the specific topic mentioned for the course selected:
- Provide a personal statement that includes significant events in your life that have influenced your desire to work in the field of peace and conflict resolution.
- Describe a meaningful leadership experience, either in academic, community service, or professional setting. What challenges did you encounter? What did you learn?
- For Certificate applicants: Please describe in detail how the professional development certificate will benefit you and contribute to your career goals. What do you expect to learn from the course that you will apply to your work?
- For Master’s Applicants:
- Explain in detail your first and second centre preferences. Describe your proposed area of concentration, including specific course of study at those institutions. How does your academic training prepare you for this fellowship? If necessary, explain any academic shortcomings.
- Explain how a master’s degree from a Rotary Peace Center university relates to your career objectives in supporting peace and furthering The Rotary Foundation’s mission.
- Transcripts and Test Scores: The applicants are required to submit the transcript of all college or universities attended after class 12 along with the scores reports of the test (GRE, IELTS or TOEFL) must also be sent along with the application form.
- Preference of Peace Center: The candidates should mark their preference for The Rotary Peace Center where they would like to attend their fellowship. Total three centers are to be selected and marked 1, 2, and 3 depending upon their preference.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of an interview conducted by the Rotary club or district. The details are as follow:
- The Rotary Club or The Rotary District may conduct interviews of the potential fellows for the selection of the most suitable. The applications of the fellows will be forwarded to The Rotary Foundation for the final decision.
- There are no restrictions on the number of applications that can be forwarded to The Rotary Foundation for consideration.
Rotary Peace Centres
The program will be offered at the following rotary peace centres
- For Professional Development Certificate
- Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- For Master’s Degree
- Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Duke University & the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
- International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
- University Of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- The University Of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Contact Details
One Rotary Center
1560 Sherman Ave.
Evanston, IL 60201-3698, USA
Toll Free: +1 866-976-8279
9th National Science Film Festival of India 2019 is organized by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organisation, under the Department of Science ... Read More
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for college & university is given by MHRD, Govt. of India to meritorious students who have passed Class 12. ... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Social Security Mission of Kerala for the students of Kerala whose father or mother or both have ... Read More