RES Young Economist Essay Competition 2018
Scholarship for Class 8 to 12 by Aakash Apply Now
About RES Young Economist Essay Competition
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses and the competition is conducted by Royal Economic Society along with Tutor2U. In order to participate in RES Young Economist Essay Competition, candidates need to submit a unique essay written on the given topics within 1,500 words and the essay has to be submitted online.
The winner of the Competition will be awarded a cash prize of £800 along with an engraved trophy. Students participating in RES Young Economist Essay Competition need to submit just a single entry using the online portal available for the same purpose.
|Last date to apply
||8 July 2018 2359 HRS (GMT)
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Topics
- “GDP does not measure the output of the economy any more”. Do you agree, and if so, what improvements would you suggest?
- What explains the UK’s “productivity puzzle”?
- Does economics have the answer for the global problem of plastics pollution?
- “Some internet companies have become too big for the good of society and should be broken up”. Do you agree?
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RES Young Economist Essay Competition
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Eligibility Criteria
- Age: The candidate willing to participate in the competition must be between the age of 12 to 13 years.
- Academic qualification: The students must be studying in Class 10 from GCSE, AS/ A2 Level, or IB Economics or an equivalent course.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Reward
The decision regarding the winners will be taken by an internationally renowned judging panel and the winners of the RES Young Economist Essay Competition will be nominated under following categories:
- Best overall essay prize (£800)
- The prize for best essay on each title (4 x £200)
- The prize for the best essay from a Year 12 student (£400)
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Application form and Process
The entries for the competition need to be submitted online on the official submission portal. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of application: The essays can be submitted for the competition online only
- Word Limit: 1,500 words (Max.) excluding references
- Format: Microsoft Word (doc, docx) format or PDF format. No other format acceptable
Apply Online for RES Young Economist Essay
Application Submission of Essay
RES Young Economist Essays can be submitted only through online mode using the official website. There is a dedicated portal available on the website for submitting the essay. The candidates have to write the essay in Microsoft Word format or PDF format only so they can upload it easily on the website.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Selection Process
The selection of the winners will be done by a panel of judges. The judges are from the following department:
- RES President
- A representative of The Economic Journal Editorial Board
- one member of the Society Council
The results would be announced in the month of August and the prize presentation will be held at RES Annual Public Lecture, London, England.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Contact Details
214 High Street, Boston Spa,
West Yorkshire, LS23 6AD
FAEA Scholarship 2022 is created for undergraduate studies in the field of arts, commerce, science, medical, engineering and other technical... Read More
World Handwriting Contest is open for all age groups, and the contest will accept entries between 1 January 2022 to 30 June 2022. Life ... Read More
Aakash Coaching Institute has come up with Aakash iACST which offers instant scholarships to the students who appear in the online test and also clear... Read More
SOF IMO Level 2 Result has been announced by SOF for the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO). The last date to apply for the same is 30... Read More