RES Young Economist Essay Competition 2018
About RES Young Economist Essay Competition
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses and the competition is conducted by Royal Economic Society along with Tutor2U. In order to participate in RES Young Economist Essay Competition, candidates need to submit a unique essay written on the given topics within 1,500 words and the essay has to be submitted online.
The winner of the Competition will be awarded a cash prize of £800 along with an engraved trophy. Students participating in RES Young Economist Essay Competition need to submit just a single entry using the online portal available for the same purpose.
|Last date to apply
||8 July 2018 2359 HRS (GMT)
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Topics
- “GDP does not measure the output of the economy any more”. Do you agree, and if so, what improvements would you suggest?
- What explains the UK’s “productivity puzzle”?
- Does economics have the answer for the global problem of plastics pollution?
- “Some internet companies have become too big for the good of society and should be broken up”. Do you agree?
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RES Young Economist Essay Competition
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Eligibility Criteria
- Age: The candidate willing to participate in the competition must be between the age of 12 to 13 years.
- Academic qualification: The students must be studying in Class 10 from GCSE, AS/ A2 Level, or IB Economics or an equivalent course.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Reward
The decision regarding the winners will be taken by an internationally renowned judging panel and the winners of the RES Young Economist Essay Competition will be nominated under following categories:
- Best overall essay prize (£800)
- The prize for best essay on each title (4 x £200)
- The prize for the best essay from a Year 12 student (£400)
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Application form and Process
The entries for the competition need to be submitted online on the official submission portal. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of application: The essays can be submitted for the competition online only
- Word Limit: 1,500 words (Max.) excluding references
- Format: Microsoft Word (doc, docx) format or PDF format. No other format acceptable
Apply Online for RES Young Economist Essay
Application Submission of Essay
RES Young Economist Essays can be submitted only through online mode using the official website. There is a dedicated portal available on the website for submitting the essay. The candidates have to write the essay in Microsoft Word format or PDF format only so they can upload it easily on the website.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Selection Process
The selection of the winners will be done by a panel of judges. The judges are from the following department:
- RES President
- A representative of The Economic Journal Editorial Board
- one member of the Society Council
The results would be announced in the month of August and the prize presentation will be held at RES Annual Public Lecture, London, England.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Contact Details
214 High Street, Boston Spa,
West Yorkshire, LS23 6AD
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behaviour on national and global population issues and... Read More
Charpak Research Internship Program 2019 is conducted by the French Embassy in India in salutation to the Nobel Prize-winning physicist Georges C... Read More
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More