RMO 2016 West Bengal - Regional Mathematics Olympiad
About Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal
Regional Mathematical Olympiad is a stepping stone towards the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad, a qualifying stage of International Mathematical Olympiad
The RMO across the country is held in 25 regions and CBSE, KVS, and JNV.
West Bengal will conduct Pre-RMO and RMO 2016.
The 58th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from July 12 to July 24, 2017.
- Each region has its own Regional Coordinator, who is responsible for conducting RMO in his/her region. West Bengal is one of the region for conducting RMO.
- Indian National Mathematics Olympiad would be held on February 7, 2016
(First Sunday of February).
RMO West Bengal Important Dates 2016
|Pre- RMO and RMO last date to apply
||August 26, 2016
||September 11, 2016
||October 16, 2016
|(Indian National Mathematics Olympiad) INMO Date
||February 7, 2017
|| July 12 to July 24, 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal
Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal Eligibility Criteria
||Class 9 to 11
- Academic Qualification: All Indian students who are born on or after August 1, 1998 and, in addition, are in Class 9, 10 or 11 are eligible to appear for the Pre-o2016.
- Special Eligibility: Highly motivated and well prepared students from Class 8 may also take the Pre-RMO at the discretion of the Regional Coordinator.
Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal Reward
On the basis of the performance in RMO 2016, around 30-35 students from West Bengal region will be selected for Stage 2.
Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal Application form and Process
The students willing to apply for the Pre-RMO West Bengal need to make both online as well as offline application to be a part of the Pre-RMO 2016. The step by step details of both the application process are as follow:
- Step 1-Registration Fees:
- The registration fee for Pre-RMO can be paid either by Cash at ISI, Kolkata or by Demand Draft.
- A Demand Draft (DD) for Rs 250/- drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of "Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata" payable at Kolkata.
- Step 2- Making the application: Applications are to be made both Online as well as Offline. The details are as follow:
- Online Application: The candidates need to fill the online application form and provide personal details, educational details in the respective columns of the application form. The last day for making online applications is August 26, 2016.
- Offline Application: The offline form is to be filled and submitted to ISI, Kolkata before August 26, 2016. The candidates need to fill the application form, get it recommended from the School, paste self-attested photographs on it.
- Step 3 -Submission: The completely filled application form along with the photocopy of the form and demand draft or fee payment receipt can be sent by post or leave it in the drop-box at ISI, Kolkata. Candidates should mention "Application for Pre-RMO 2016" and their choice of the Examination center on the envelope:
Professor Sumitra Purkayastha
RMO Coordinator, West Bengal
Applied Statistics Unit
Indian Statistical Institute 203
B.T. Road. Kolkata 700108
Bankura, Berhampore, Burdwan, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Narendrapur, Malda, and Siliguri.
Pre-RMO 2016 Admit Card
- The list of provisionally selected candidates along with their admit cards will be made available on or before First Week of September 2016.
- The admit card would be sent by e-mail to the candidates
Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal Selection Process
At present, each region selects 30-35 students for the INMO.
Pre-RMO 2016- November , 2016
- The duration of the Pre-RMO is 2 hours from 01:30 pm to 03:30 pm.
- There will be 20 questions and each correct answer will be awarded 5 marks & there will be no negative marking.
Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal Address
Drs. Sumitra Purkayastha & Rana Barua,
Joint Regional Coordinators,
Regional Mathematical Olympiad (West Bengal),
Applied Statistics Unit,
Indian Statistical Institute,
203, B. T. Road,
Regional Mathematics Olympiad West Bengal Contact Details
Phone : 2575-3406
INMO 2019 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Nikon Photo Contest is conducted by Nikon Corporation International every year since 1969 to offer a chance to the photographers worldwide to communic... Read More
Lok Sabha Research Fellowship 2019 is a two-year program conducted by Lok Sabha Secretariat, Parliament of India. The Lok Sabha Secretariat will grant... Read More
On the Spot essay competition is organised by The Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) on the subjects related to statis... Read More