RMO 2015 Uttar Pradesh - Regional Mathematical Olympiad
Last date to apply
Application should reach the RMO office by
November 1, 2014
About RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region
- RMO- Regional Mathematical Olympiad,is a qualifying stage for participation in the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO), a subsequent stage for the 56th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)
- Regional Mathematical Olympiad is organized at regional level and there are total 28 regions in India that conduct RMO. Out of which 25 regions have been formed within the state and remaining 3 are of CBSE, JNV and KVS.
- Each region selects the candidates for INMO on the basis of RMO every year.
- India has been participating in IMO since 1989.
Regional Mathematical Olympiad for UP region
- RMO 2014 for UP-Region will be held on December 7, 2014 from 1pm to 4pm at the centers mentionaed below:
- Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut and Varanasi.
- RMO for UP will be conducted by UP-RMO Coordinator on behalf of Homi Bhabha center for Science Education (HBSCE).
- Total 35 students will be selected from RMO-U.P and they will be eligible to participate in the INMO to be held at February 1, 2015 at the Lucknow Center.
- Meritorious students obtaining 90% marks in class 9 and 10 and 80% in class 11 are eligible to take the RMO-2014 for U.P region.
- However, students of class 8 with exceptional performance are allowed to take the RMO on the recommendation of Center in Charge.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region
RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region Eligibility Criteria
|| Uttar Pradesh
|| Class 9, 10 and 11
- Students of class 9 and 10 obtaining at least 90% marks in mathematics are eligible to apply for the test.
- For students of class 11, Mathematics should be one of their subject in school and they should have scored a minimum of 80% in the relevant subject at the high school or equivalent examination of 2014.
- However, there is a relaxation of percentage for students received NTS Awards.
- Special Eligibility: Meritorious students of class 8 on the recommendation of Center in Charge can participate in RMO.
RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region Reward
Total 35 students will be selected to participate in INMO going to be held on February 1, 2015 at its Lucknow center. Students selected will receive Merit Certificates and top few will be given prizes/shields.
RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region Application form and Process
- Application Forms of RMO 2014 for U.P region are available with the concerned person Mr. D.P Shukla, Coordinator, RMO Retired Professor, Department of Mathematics and Astronomy, Lucknow University, (Mob: 9450366085).
- Candidates have to send their application forms in the prescribed format to the Coordinator with all the necessary enclosures.
Download Uttar Pradesh RMO Application Form
List of enclosures to be sent with the application form
- Examination fee of Rs.100 is to be sent in form of Bank Draft drawn in favor of Coordinator, Regional Mathematical Olympiad, payable at Lucknow.
- Students can deposit the examination fee by themselves at the Lucknow center. (Candidates may submit their examination fee in cash personally at Lucknow)
- A self- attested copy of Mark Sheet of Junior High School, High School and Equivalent examination.
- A self-addressed stamped (affix stamps of Rs. 5 for ordinary or Rs. 22 for registered post) envelope for dispatch of the admit card should be sent with the application form. (For those not submitting form by hand).
Application form along with the other documents should reach RMO office by November 1, 2014.
RMO 2014 U.P. Region Admit Cards
Candidates will receive their admit cards along with two year RMO papers latest by November 7, 2014. If In case, students don’t receive their admit card, they can contact to the Coordinator, RMO.
Date of Examination: December 7, 2014
Medium of Examination: Hindi/English
RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region Selection Process
Among all the entries received, candidates taking RMO will be shortlisted and a list of the eligible candidates will be available with the Center In Charge.
Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2014 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for RMO are advised to solve harder problems from relevant books using the tools and methods generally taught up to class 10 level.
RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region Address
Department of Mathematics and Astronomy
Lucknow University, Lucknow -226007
RMO 2014-Uttar Pradesh Region Contact Details
Phone: 9450366085 ( Mr. D.P. Shukla)
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More