Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition 2018
About Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition
Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition 2018 is an Essay Competition cum Scholarship Scheme which is an initiative by University of Cambridge to attract the students across the globe to attend Cambridge summer school who are unable to do so because of lack of financial resources. Maximum of top 5 students will be awarded the First and Second Prize which includes the 100% Programme fee for 2/3 week summer program at Cambridge Summer School. Based on the careful argumentation, clear structure and personality of the essays, total 5 candidates will be selected for the award of the scholarship. The scholarship amount only covers the tuition fee expenses excluding travel expenses, lunch, insurance and lunch expenses. Scroll down to get the complete information of Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition 2018.
- Topic of Essay Writing: To avail the scholarship, candidates are required to write a 1000 word essay on the following topic “In an age of quick and easy global communication, what is the value of face-to-face interaction and learning with students from around the world?”
Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition 2018 Dates
|Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition Last date to apply
||1 December 2017
|Shortlisted candidates will be notified on or before
||31 December 2017
|Shortlisted candidates Interview Dates
||1st Week of January 2018
|Shortlisted candiatesInterview Result
||Last Week of January 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition
Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition Eligibility Criteria
||Age between 15-17 years
- Nationality: The competition is open for students of all nationalities.
- Age: The applicants should belong to the age group of 15-17 years.
- Educational Qualification: The student needs to be enrolled in High Schools studies.
Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition Reward
The candidates selected for the award of the scholarship will become a part of the educational program offered by Cambridge. The details of the prizes are:
- First Prize: Maximum 2 candidates will be selected for the award of First Prize and will be entitled to 100% of the program fee for 3 weeks Cambridge Program 1 offered in from 1 July to 21 July 2018.
- Second Prize: A maximum 3 students will be awarded scholarship offering 100% program fee for 2-week Program 2 or 3.
- Fee for Summer Program: The cost of the 3-week course at Cambridge is 4395 British Pound while for the 1-week course the fee is 2695 British Pound.
Fee for Summer Program: The cost of 3 week course at Cambridge is 4395 British Pound (Approx. INR 4.4 lakh) while for 1 week course the fee is 2695 British Pound (Approx. INR 2.7 lakh).
- Prizes Include: The prizes provide without charge all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee, including accommodation, all excursions, lectures, theatre trips, workshops and tuition, and half board meals.
- Exclusions: flights; transportation to/from Cambridge at the start and end of the program if travel is undertaken independently; third meal of the day (half board is provided); optional enhancements shown to have an extra fee; snacks, drinks and meals purchased away from the program; pocket money and souvenirs; visa costs (if required); books for credit courses and classes; laundry (aside from bed linen); travel insurance, medical insurance and any medical or dental fees.
Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition Application form and Process
The students willing to participate in the competition should write an essay on the topic provided and submit it. The details of the application process are:
- Registration: The students willing to participate in the Competition should start with registering themselves on Reach Cambridge’s registration page and once registration has been done, students can submit their essay by clicking of Scholarship tab.
>> Click here to register for Reach for Cambridge.
- Details of Essay: The candidates should write and submit the essay as per the following criteria:
- Topic of Essay: “In an age of quick and easy global communication, what is the value of face-to-face interaction and learning with students from around the world?”
- Word Limit: The essay needs to have maximum 1000 words.
- Letter of Recommendation: Students should also get a letter of recommendation from a staff member of the respective schools. The letter needs to be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Letter needs to be on the header paper, highlighting the suitability of the candidate for the scholarship, their academic excellence and a brief explanation of student’s financial background.
- Other required details: In addition to the letter of recommendation, the student should complete the following sections the School Transcript, Signature, Parent Info, and School Info sections of your account.
Submission of Reach Cambridge Essay Competition Application Form
The submission of the essay needs to be done by 1 December 2017 using the online registration and submission system. All the application submitted beyond 1 December 2017 will be considered rejected. The shortlisted candidates contacted upto 31 July 2017.
Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the following factors of the essay:
- Careful argumentation
- Clear structure
- In addition to the above qualities in the essay, the Letter of Recommendation supplied by the school will also be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 31st December 2017, and will be invited for an online interview which are scheduled to be held in January 2018.
Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition Contact Details
23 King Street,Cambridge
CB1 1AH, United Kingdom
International: +44 8708 031 732
Fax: +44 8707 625 542
Kumbh Mela Photography contest 2019 is launched by Prayagraj Mela Authority. The photographers from all across India and also the International p... Read More
Reach Oxfords Undergraduate Scholarships 2019 which was formerly known as Oxford Student Scholarships is offered by Oxford University. The studen... Read More
Indian Engineering Olympiad (IEO) 2019 is a National Level Exam that offers a real test of engineering skills for the students in various fields of en... Read More
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behaviour on national and global population issues and... Read More