Ramanujan Research Studentship 2019: Application Open
About Ramanujan Research Scholarship 2019
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan and Trinity College. Ramanujan Research Scholarship is awarded in the broad field of Pure or Applied Mathematics to an applicant from India eager to do research for the PhD degree in Cambridge. The student would first take the nine-month course leading to the Master of Advanced Study (MASt) in Mathematics. Exceptionally, a Ramanujan Studentship may be awarded for three years of research leading to the PhD degree without the requirement to study for the MASt.
On the successful completion of the course with a Distinction, and acceptance by the University’s Graduate Admissions Office for registration as a candidate for the PhD degree. The Ramanujan Studentship is normally granted for nine months in the first occurrence, while the student takes the course heading to the MASt in Mathematics.
Ramanujan Research Scholarship Dates
|Last date to submit Preliminary Application Form
||10 January 2020
|Last date to submit complete Application Form
(for selected candidates)
|31 January 2020
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Ramanujan Research Scholarship 2019
Ramanujan Research Scholarship 2019 Eligibility Criteria
||Interested in pursuing PhD
- Nationality: The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Have applied for admission, or already received an offer of admission, for the MASt degree in Mathematics at the University of Cambridge,
- Not yet have been members of the University of Cambridge as an undergraduate or graduate student
- The students must have a First Class Honours degree from any university or institution in India.
- The candidates must have completed graduation from any university or similar institution in India who have not already started residing in Cambridge and who holds a First Class Honours degree or its equivalent are eligible to apply.
Ramanujan Research Scholarship 2019 Reward
For a candidate who has no support or only partially supports from any other source then the studentship covers the following:
- Graduate Course Fee
- Maintenance Allowance: A sufficient maintenance allowance (the rate for students undertaking a Masters in Mathematics course is set at the least maintenance rate needed by the Board of Graduate Studies additionally a settling-in allowance for overseas students. The applicant may also be considered for a discretionary maintenance allowance for the period between completion of the MASt and commencement of PhD.
- Travel Allowance: Allowances covering the costs of travel from India to the United Kingdom at the beginning of the Studentship, to return to India after the first nine months, if the studentship is renewed, to travel again to the United Kingdom, and to return to India after completion of the research period;
If qualified, for a flexible maintenance allowance for the period between completion of the Master of Advanced Study and commencement of research.
Ramanujan Research Scholarship 2019 Application form and Process
- Applicants should apply for these awards in parallel with their Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form (GRADSAF) requesting admission to the University of Cambridge as a Graduate Student.
- Application Process for Cambridge University
- The Application has to be submitted in paper
To get a copy of the Preliminary Application Form, The candidates are advised to please send an email to email@example.com.
Ramanujan Research Scholarship Application Submission
Candidates are advised to check the details of the application duly filled by the candidates before the final submission because once the application gets processed, the candidates will not be able to do any changes.
The completed preliminary application form must be submitted by post or email till 10 January 2020. Applicants who get short-listed will be invited to submit a full studentship application form by 31 January 2020
Ramanujan Research Scholarship 2019 Selection Process
- The Ramanujan student, if selected must become a part of the Trinity College and must be accepted by the Board of Graduate Studies for studying in the University.
- He/she will be expected to take the nine-month course leading to the Master of Advanced study (MaSt) in Mathematics
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full application by 31 January 2020
Ramanujan Research Scholarship 2019 Contact Details
The United Kingdom
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More