Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics at Trinity College, Cambridge 2017
About Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan and Trinity College. Ramanujan Research Studentship is awarded in the broad field of Pure or Applied Mathematics to an applicant from India eager to do research for the PhD degree in Cambridge. The student would first take the nine-month course leading to the Master of Advanced Study (MASt) in Mathematics.
On the successful completion of the course with a Distinction, and acceptance by the University’s Graduate Admissions Office for registration as a candidate for the PhD degree. The Ramanujan Studentship is normally granted for nine months in the first occurrence, while the student takes the course heading to the MASt in Mathematics.
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics Important Dates
|Last date to submit
Preliminary Application Form
|15 January 2017
|Last date to submit complete Application Form
(for selected candidates)
|20 February 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics Eligibility Criteria
||Interested in pursuing PhD
- Nationality: The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Academic Qualification:
- The students must have a First Class Honours degree from any university or institution in India.
- The candidates must have completed graduation from any university or similar institution in India who have not already started residing in Cambridge and who hold a First Class Honours degree or its equivalent are eligible to apply.
- The Ramanujan candidates must become a member of Trinity College and must be accepted by the Board of Graduate Studies for study at the University
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics Reward
For a candidate who has no support or only partially supports from any other source then the studentship covers the following:
- Maintenance Allowance: A sufficient maintenance allowance (the rate for students undertaking a Masters in Mathematics course is set at the least maintenance rate needed by Board of Graduate Studies additionally a settling in allowance of £350 for Overseas students, and £13,226 per annum for the PhD
- Travel Allowance: Allowances covering the costs of travel from India to the United Kingdom at the beginning of the Studentship, to return to India after the first nine months, if the studentship is renewed, to travel again to the United Kingdom, and to return to India after completion of the research period;
If qualified, for a flexible maintenance allowance for the period between completion of the Master of Advanced Study and commencement of research.
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics Application form and Process
- Applicants should apply for these awards in parallel with their Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form (GRADSAF) requesting admission to the University of Cambridge as a Graduate Student.
- Application Process for Cambridge University
- The Application has to be submitted in paper
To get a copy of the Preliminary Application Form, The candidates are advised to please send an email to: email@example.com
Ramanujan Research Studentship Application Submission
Candidates are advised to check the details of the application duly filled by the candidates before the final submission because once the application gets processed, the candidates will not be able to do any changes.
The completed preliminary application form must be submitted by post or email till 15 January 2017. Applicants who get short-listed will be invited to submit a full studentship application form by 20 February 2017.
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics Selection Process
- The Ramanujan student, if selected must become a part of the Trinity college and must be accepted by the Board of Graduate Studies for studying in the University.
- He/she will be expected to take the nine-month course leading to the Master of Advanced study (MaSt) in Mathematics
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full application by 20 February 2017
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics Address
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics Contact Details
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSE Scholarship 2018 - Promotion of Science Education (Pose) Scholarship is being offered by Haryana State Council for Science and Technology (HSCST)... Read More
NSEJS by IAPT, Indian Association of Physics Teachers is a name known across the country for organizing Olympiads and this time has come up with an op... Read More
ResoSTaRT was introduced to help the career aspirants. ResoSTaRT was initiated in 2011 and this is the Eighth edition of the competition whi... Read More
NSEA 2018: The registration has been started from 1 August 2018. The registration in NSEA is only possible through schools or registered cen... Read More