RGNF, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates
AAKASH NEET Repeater Batch Starting Apply Now
About Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for SC/ST Candidates is funded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs and is executed by University Grant Commission. Total 2667 Fellowships are available under RGNF for SC/ST Candidates, out of which 2000 are for students belonging to Scheduled Caste and 667 are for students belonging to Scheduled Tribes. Those SC/ST candidates who have cleared their post-graduation and are unemployed can apply for Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship (RGNF), to continue their Full-Time Higher Studies i.e. M.Phil or PhD without JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
Two Central sector scholarship schemes for ST students viz; Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship and Top Class Education has been merged by the Ministry into a single Central Sector Scheme called “National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students” Follow the link below to apply.
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
- Nationality: Residents of India are eligible for making the applications.
- Category: The applicant must belong to Scheduled Caste or Schedule Tribe groups.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have cleared Post graduation in the allied subjects. The applicant should be willing to go for higher studies without JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
- Registration: The applicant must get them registered for M.Phil. /Ph.D. within 2 years of receipt of award letter.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates Reward
The following benefits will be provided to the candidate during the period of fellowship:
Fellowship in Science, Humanities and Social Science for JRF
@ Rs.16000 p.m. for initial two years
@ Rs.18000 p.m. for remaining tenure
Other Contingency allowances
Contingency Allowance for Humanities & Social Sciences
@ Rs.10000 p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.20500 p.a. for remaining tenure
Contingency Allowance for Science, Engg. & Technology
@ Rs.12000 p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.25000 p.a. for remaining tenure
@ Rs.2000 p.m. in cases of physically handicapped & blind candidates
- Medical Allowance: No separate medical allowance will be paid to the candidates but they can use the medical facilities available at the University/Institution.
- Leaves: Fellows areentitled for leaves of maximum 30days excluding public holidays and there is no further provision of Vacation.
- Maternity leaves: Female Candidates are eligible for maternity leaves of 135 days with full rates of fellowship.
- Leaves for Teaching Assignments: Fellows can get leave of one year if they accept any teaching assignment in the same city. But during that period of time the benefits of the fellowship will not be granted.
- HRA: Fellows will be provided with single-seated hostel accommodation in the University/Institution. If fellow make their own arrangement than he can claim the amount by producing required certificates.
- Period of Fellowship: Initially RGNF for SC/ST Candidates will be offered for 2 years but it can be extended further for a period of three years after evaluating the work done by the fellow.
- Transfer of Fellowship: The fellowship can be transferred from one university to the other by the fellow after the permission of UGC and after settling accounts with the previous university.
- No Objection Certificate: Candidate must also obtain NOC from both Institutions/Universities.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates Application form and Process
Candidates willing to apply for the fellowship need to make Online application for the fellowship on the official website of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF). The details related to the application are as follow:
- Mode of application: The applications can be made online at the official website of University Grant Commission.
- Application Form: The online application form is divided into two sections and the details regarding the information to be entered in each section are asfollow:
- Section 1: In the first section applicants need to enter the details related to the State, Caste, Physical Status, Personal details such as Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name and DOB along with the Contact details.
- After entering all the required information, applicants need to click on Save and Continue in order to advance to the next section of the online application form.
- Section 2: This section is about the details related to the academic qualifications and research information.
- Candidates need to enter the details related to their qualifying examination i.e. Post-Graduation examination and the details related to the institute, Topic of Research, Details of Supervisor, Scholarship details and employment status.
- Documents to be uploaded: Candidates need to upload the scanned copy of the following documents while filling the onlineapplications form:
- Mark sheets: Upload scanned copies of the mark sheets of post-graduation.
- Institution Certificate: Upload a scanned copy ofcertificate issued by the Head of the Department /Institution stating that the necessary facilities will be provided to the fellow I case the applicant is selected for the fellowship.
Things to be paid Special Attention:
- No offline applications: The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no process for offline application.
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More